Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: foxtel nds countermesure (third party stb)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    So what country do you live? You ip number might gave us a clue but if you have fake or suspicious ip you might live in NDS land and just phishing to get answers to see the level of NDS piracy. Yeah i have been told this buy a good friend in the UK not long ago.
    I think you have been watching Inspector Gadget for too long. Do you think a secret undercover NDS Operative (wow, that sounds cool and funky) would come to an Australian forum trying to get information about a system that hasn't been hacked here ?

Or do you think they might target a forum somewhere along these country lines ?

VideoGuard (sometimes referred to simply as NDS), produced by NDS, is a digital encryption system for use with conditional access television broadcasting. It is used on digital satellite television systems - some of which are operated by News Corporation, which owned about half (49%) of NDS until its sale to Cisco in 2012.[1] Its two most widely used implementations are BSkyB's Sky in the United Kingdom and Ireland and DirecTV in the United States, the former of which launched the digital version of the system in 1998. Several other broadcasters around the world use the VideoGuard system, including DirecTV (Colombia), DirecTV (LatinAmerica), Hot (Israel), Yes (Israel), Viasat (Scandinavia), SKY Italia (Italy), Sky Brazil (Brazil), Sky Network Television (New Zealand), Foxtel (Australia), Airtel DigitalTV (India), Tata Sky & Hathway (DVB-C) (India), Astro (Malaysia), TrueVisions (Thailand), D-Smart (Turkey), TotalTV (Balkan), ONO (Spain), Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (Canada), China Central Television (China), SBB (Serbia), KabelBW (Germany), Vivacom (Bulgaria), Dolce (Romania), STAR TV/Fox International Channels (Asia), Cignal Digital TV (Philippines), Indovision (Indonesia), Telecom Italia (Italy), OTAU TV (Kazakhstan), OTE TV (Greece), Oi TV (Brazil).

Timb85, the amount of interest in satellite based subscription tv has died here. It was at its peak with Irdeto 1/2 which was then replaced by NDS. It hasn't been a great loss as IPTV has replaced it in reality, with services like Netflix and Kayo Sports being alot cheaper than the prices we used to have to pay.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (28-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OSIRUS View Post
    As far as I know you will get a black screen on a third party STB or the ds250 with a foxtel card inserted (unless the card is married to the DS250 STB by a Foxtel over the air update)

I used to have a DS250 foxtel STB and before about 2012-2013 the card would work in a third party STB with the right firmware ....

but after the countermeasure the card will only work in a STB married to the card by Foxtel .... (at their end)

The DS250 STB has since died and the card that was in the DS250 was just put into the Replacement Foxtel STB (DS420NF) and the card was married to the new STB with an over the air update by Foxtel at their end

As far as I know both SD & HD are effected by the countermeasure,

and as far as I know there is no fix or way around the countermeasure
    hence, is it software married of the card?but what do you mean with air update?you called to provider to send you EMM to marry card with "new" stb?(I mean when 250 died)
    I thought from past thread, that the countermeasure was enabled from new CA FLAGS in ecm (01 80 03 05 21 02)..but if you wrote about marry I think that ca flags aren t important for this countermeasure.
    So, the card can working only in his one official stb?(married box)
    thank you for your answer

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I think you have been watching Inspector Gadget for too long. Do you think a secret undercover NDS Operative (wow, that sounds cool and funky) would come to an Australian forum trying to get information about a system that hasn't been hacked here ?

Or do you think they might target a forum somewhere along these country lines ?

If I was NDS I would try every forum available World wide including this one because NDS knows the hacking of NDS has gone underground with forums that have a hidden forum within a forum for special members that can keep their mouths shut. On public forum you have the Latest and the Greatest OScam and if you look down the bottom you can see the Hackers name and the dates and I find that was 2015 (was 2014, I replaced it) so since is the case what has happened to 2016, 2017, 2018, and the start of 2019,,,,,,,,,, What do you think they have gone for an extended holiday? Naaa they are out there out of the public eyes and eventually with be release bit by bit, version by version.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (28-01-19)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

I would suggest that timbo is a little further East than Italy. The point made by everyone who has responded, timbo, is that NDS is DEAD! No one is working on it in Australia any more. All the information regarding it has already been given. LET IT GO!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

DB44 (28-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    I would suggest that timbo is a little further East than Italy. The point made by everyone who has responded, timbo, is that NDS is DEAD! No one is working on it in Australia any more. All the information regarding it has already been given. LET IT GO!
    ye I got it, but in 2012, I think someone tried to study about this fix nds.
    I would like know technical details about this.
    If I understood this fix should be software fix..but I need more information about it..
    can you help me?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by timb85 View Post
    If I understood this fix should be software fix..but I need more information about it..
    can you help me?
    I gave Foxtel up years ago because it was an overpriced second rate service full of ads and repeats. Not worth subscribing to. And not even worth pirating if I was that way inclined.

If you're suggesting that there is a working fix with only a closed group privy to it, you may be right. I really doubt it. Most people are just not interested any more, and I'm no exception. I for one have heard nothing about it. I'm not one of the "lucky few", and I don't know anyone who is. If you are trying different forums in the hope that there is such a closed group and that you will receive an invitation, good luck. I think you are simply wasting your time. As Isemmens said previously, let it go.

• The Following User Says Thank You to DB44 For This Useful Post:

tristen (28-01-19)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

can you help me?
    What's the point?

If you're in Italy, then you can't receive the C1/D3 satellite signals anyway.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    What's the point?

If you're in Italy, then you can't receive the C1/D3 satellite signals anyway.
    I didn t say where I am.
    anyway, I m looking for only some one that can help me to understand better, I m not looking for secret group or something that

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

I didn t say where I am.
    anyway, I m looking for only some one that can help me to understand better, I m not looking for secret group or something that
    Well, I have asked you three times already which country you are in and you have not answered the question and admin suggested you are in Italy (probably from your IP address).

I will ask you one last time... what country are you in?

It is highly relevant whether or not you can receive the Foxtel C1/D3 signal.... otherwise you are wasting your time and everyone elses here.

As has been well documented and discussed, the card and the box are paired (married) not only can't you use a valid card in a third party box, you also cannot use a valid card in another Foxtel decoder, other than the decoder which the card is paired with.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

DB44 (28-01-19),tristen (03-02-19)

Thanks

This post is going nowhere.

There is no easy fix, if there was we would not be having this discussion. If you want NDS THEORY Google is your friend.

Thanks everyone for the input.

• The Following User Says Thank You to cmoore For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (28-01-19)

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12