Thread: Euromatic EUR-9000FX error E4

Thanks

Default Euromatic EUR-9000FX error E4

Is there anyone here able to help with my error message?
    This system has been working for a few weeks now (until yesterday) when it displays E4 error message & the compressor stops. Reset the CPU & it goes for 10 minures or so & goes back to fault detection. Distributors so far have not returned my emails or phone calls. A Google search has not returned much info & picture search shows it might be a TCL in disguise. still alas the elucive E4 remains. I bought this (budget) device from B#$%&*gs only to later find it was a run out model. Any inspiration would be appreciated.

Look Here ->
    Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

try this

Thanks

Hi,
    Thanks for the info hinekadon but alas not the case for this device. It is a single speed device so no inverter tech. The IDU is suspect is the problem as it only drives a relay to the compressor & fan outside. When it goes into fault mode the comp & ODU fan stop. All driven by 6mm cable so no issue there. It has been functioning for several weeks no without problem. I puffed into the drain & it make a sound so maybe we didn’t have enough slope on it. We just pulled the evap out from the wall a little & tried to maybe remedy that problem (fingers crossed). I believe there might be a sensor for blocked drain in there somewhere. Hopefully in the mean time either the retailer or warranty agent might return my calls & email. It was just a shot in the dark that this might be a common problem with these “cheap” products. A 40 degree day here is giving me more incentive to keep looking.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,106 Times in 490 Posts

How long has it been installed? Compressor short cycling may be due to loss of refrigerant.
    This is only a tiny split and maybe the installer was less than cautious with pressure testing and vacuuming?
    The error code may be due to HP cutout; don't know the unit but the symptoms speak to no refrigerant charge.
    "The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom." - Issac Asimov

Thanks

Well ; after the purchase of a manifold & gauges it appears low on gas. I suspected (human error) from the start. Next hurdle was to get some gas (luckily I know a fridgeie). Job done & running for 8 hours today with better performance than new. Perhaps the pre charge was a bit skimpy from new. Even though the pipe was only 2.4 long. 1920 hours now & 36C outside. It will get a good test over the next week or so with predicted 35-40 for the next 5 days. Thanks for your input.
    Just as a matter of interest the importers / service agent said there is no E4 on the device. Perhaps they read the same install instructions as me (lol). I guess if you buy crap then don't expect the experts to know anymore than the buyer . .