Thread: No siren from solution 16plus

Thanks

Default No siren from solution 16plus

Hello Everyone. I had trouble come up on my alarm the other day and turned out to be the battery so I replaced. After this I thought I would do a test on everything and then found the strobe and siren did not work. I found the the strobe had filled up with water( only 2 years ago replaced for same reason), I went and brought new kit and installed this.
    When I tested the strobe works fine but I was not getting any siren. I checked all setting that I could find and I could not get the siren to work, unless I went and turned it on from Outputs menu and it then sounds so it is wired correctly but just will not make sound if I test or set the alarm off.

Any ideas as it is like the system does not see the siren any more, and no settings have been changed since it was last working.

Cheers

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Is the old siren a horn speaker or voltage siren? And is the new one the same?
    Has the Low Battery fault message cleared?
    How was it being tested, that it was not working? Did you arm the alarm and trigger zones? Did the internal siren work?

Thanks

Hello Secure

The old one was a Horn and I will have to get up and check the new one, but going to be a couple of days before I can get to it.

Yes the battery message was cleared

Yes I set alarm and triggered it, and the internal siren and the strobe all working as should be.

I tried using the test options also first but the screen says it's testing but no sound. If I go into OUTPUTS and select siren it says OFF, so I select on and it starts making noise but I have to select off to get it to stop.

Regards

Thanks

Ok, so I finally got a chance to get up and have a look and the new one looks exactly the same as the old horn, BUT it does not have anything written on it to confirm.

I tried putting the old horn back on as it does make sound if i touched it onto a 12v battery and then tried the testing, but still got nothing from it. Also I could not get it to sound when I went into M401 "turn options on\off".

I put the new one back on again and going through the menus its like the siren has dissappeared and the system cannot see it. Looking in menu M400 it is not showing has message "External siren Op001 Output is not fitted No further information is available.

Thanks

Maybe the new siren/horn doesn't work.
    Did you try new one on 12v battery to see if it works(if 12volt siren) or crackles for horn speaker?

Thanks

Yes I did try it on battery and it crackled the same as the old one. It also made light crackling sound as I was installing the speaker as well.
    Last edited by quinny525; 21-02-19 at 07:06 AM.

Thanks

No one got anything ??

Thanks

Power down alarm for 30 seconds by remove battery and turn off plug
    Then power up and connect battery and plug pack
    Set date and time
    Test your siren

Thanks

Thanks Secure, I tried that and no go, BUT I happened to find in menu M411 Event type P001 = Not used..... changed it to 36, External Audible and away she goes.

Any idea why this would have changed to this value? The only thing that happened was water got into the strobe light and stuffed that...

Cheers

Thanks

Would of only been a physical program change using the install code or via software

Thanks

Can tell you for sure that did not happen, I am the only one with the install code and I have the dialler disconnected from the phone line.