Thread: Bosche Solutions 3000 onboard tampe triggered alarm

Thanks

Default Bosche Solutions 3000 onboard tampe triggered alarm

The alarm was fitted about a year ago (professional alarm business) and for the first time today the onboard tamper switch on the panel has set the alarm off. We had a bit of wind today in Melbourne and the panel is fitted in a cavity close to the roof space. (not in roof) I suspect the wind draft in the roof cavity has rocked the panel about triggering the tamper switch.
    Family were watching tv at the time so gave us all a bit of a fright. Silenced the alarm with the remote key fob.
    I opened the alarm panel access cover and re installed the cover so to reset the alarm. During the procedure the alarm went off a few times and was silenced with the key fob.
    All good except that there is still an ambered coloured text on the Bosch touch screen saying onboard tamper. The alarm can still be armed / disarmed as normal.
    How do I go about to clear this fault. Do I have to re open the alarm panel access cover again?
    ** Note I do not have the installer code.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by softel; 09-02-19 at 10:57 PM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Check the tamper switch on the alarm panel access box. Possibly may have also been link to the tamper of the outside siren box. If only a year ago maybe a install warranty issue, so try contacting installation company.

• The Following User Says Thank You to secure For This Useful Post:

softel (13-02-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by secure View Post
    Check the tamper switch on the alarm panel access box. Possibly may have also been link to the tamper of the outside siren box. If only a year ago maybe a install warranty issue, so try contacting installation company.
    Thank you for your reply. The alarm panel access box and 2x external siren boxes all have tamper switches fitted.

So far all good (alarm hasn't gone off again)except for the amber fault on the touch pad screen. System arms/ disarms as per usual.

I believe the fault just needs resetting but I am not an alarm expert.

Thanks

I think the fault should clear when the onboard tamper input is sealed. I think the tamper is still unsealed.(open)
    Are the ext siren tamper switches wired to a zone input eg zone 7/8 or 15/16.

softel (13-02-19)

Thanks

My apologies for the late reply. i haven't been feeling too well.
    The ext siren tamper switches according to the touchscreen menu are showing zone input 16.
    I was thinking along your lines and opening the panel cover again and resetting the tamper switch. The panel is pretty sensitive and any moderate force say when pressing against the cover to put the screws back in will set the alarm off.
    I will tape the edges of the cover to the panel and its mounting wall and then gently (without too much force) install the mounting screws. Hopefully not triggering the alarm. Will try tomorrow when feeling better. I was temped to call the alarm company to come out but from past experience they are always busy.
    Thanks again to your reply "secure" and will keep you updated on how I go.
    Last edited by softel; 13-02-19 at 03:41 PM.

Thanks

Make sure the panel is fasten to the wall properly as well. The 3000 is like a dual tamper switch in that either the cover comes off or if panel is knocked off wall it will activate tamper.

Thanks

or you could just seal the tamper with a resister and be done with it, i don't always put tampers in for this reason. depends on the job and where the panel is installed.

Thanks

Hi, I'm trying to find more info about this Onboard tamper trigger alarm option enabled by default.
    After reading thru the install guide it's still not clear.
    My question is, when the panel is disarm, will this Onboard tamper make the siren run if triggered ?
    Regards.

Thanks

Most tampers will be programmed to alarm even if system is disarmed (i.e. they are "24 hour" zones). Unless these are programmed as silent alarms (i.e. no sirens but still sent to a monitoring station) these will normally trigger the sirens, screamers and any other outputs (such as the keypad buzzers).

• The Following User Says Thank You to minitechie_94 For This Useful Post:

joelau007 (31-05-20)

Thanks

Depends on loc 495 setting. For onboard tamper input.

Thanks

Item Location Option Default New
    System Options 4 0495
    1 = Panel to power up disarmed (if power
    reset)
    2 = Arm/disarm tracking on power up
    4 = Onboard tamper trigger alarm
    8 = Reserved

Default 6

I have read this section three times, crappy documentation doesn't describe Onboard tamper operating condition.
    All I can find in the doc, it's enabled by default.

Is it like what @minitechie_94 suspect, Bosch 3000 Onboard tamper functions like a 24-hr zone, meaning it's active detecting and can trigger siren even when the panel is disarm ?

Thanks

From a quick look through the guide, it seems that the onboard tamper will show as a system fault. However, if you've familiarity with the ways that programming is done on these legacy-style Solution systems, you add the values of the desired options to create a value between 0-15 (4 bits in binary). So the default value of 6 = options 2+4 selected, those being "2) arm/disarm tracking on power up" (which I'm assuming saves the last state before total power loss) and "4) onboard tamper trigger alarm" which I'm sure means that the onboard tamper switch being activated will sound an alarm. If you take whatever the current value of that option is and subtract 4 then apply that change, it should deactivate the onboard tamper functionality (e.g. if it's 6, change it to 2, if it's 7, change it to 3). If the value is 0, 1, 2 or 3, the tamper trigger alarm setting is not set and the alarm is probably being triggered somewhere else, such as another 24 hour zone.

Thanks

I know how to play with these values, just quite annoyed it wasn't described that well in the manual what are the conditions that will trigger the siren.

Looks like I'll have to test it out myself, and wake up the neighbours if it does run the siren even in disarm mode.

Thanks

It's a tamper so if option 4 is added it will mean it will sound siren whenever panel tamper is unseal. If option 4 not added then tamper won't activate siren. Both apply regardless if system is armed or disarmed.

joelau007 (31-05-20)

Thanks

@secure Thanks for the explanation.