Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Boats are coming, the boats are coming, the boats are coming.

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,871 Times in 886 Posts

Default The Boats are coming, the boats are coming, the boats are coming.

2019 Newscorp and the Liberal Spin Doctors - "The Boats are coming, the boats are coming."

1966 Newscorp and the Liberal Spin Doctors - "The Russians are coming, The Russians are coming

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks

shows how desperate the libs are clutching at straws

Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 573 Posts

It’s an expected response to daft legislation.

What is an undeniable joke is both houses of the Parliament of Australia, who have spent the last week arguing over a bill that gives people who have previously arrived by illegally by boat better access to medical services than normal every day, tax paying, born and raised, Australian citizens.

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to peteramjet For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (14-02-19),eaglem (14-02-19),efab (14-02-19),enf (14-02-19),george65 (14-02-19),VroomVroom (14-02-19)

Thanks

The sooner we get serious about our borders the better.
    If you don't meet the following then you are returned to last location & forever banned from re re entry
    1/ Arrive with a valid visa
    or
    2/ Arrive DIRECTLY from your home country where you are being persecuted / in fear of your life. If you go to any country in the between where you are not in immediate danger you have not arrived DIRECTLY

Any other arrival deemed illegal & forever banned from re rentry

Any person who arrives on a temp visa eg holiday MUST make their claims for permanent or refugee etc status with 24 hours of arrival or they are to be deemed illegal & deported

Any person who has come as a refugee or the like & reruens to their home country for a holiday to be denied re entry to Australia

Also Mr Ramjet makes a good point - The gov won't give me free aircon, the gov won't give me free virtually unlimited medical support, the gov won't give me free electricity, the gov won't give me free internet etc why do we give it to these people who have come here illegally
    Last edited by madtech; 14-02-19 at 07:24 AM.

• The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to madtech For This Useful Post:

eaglem (14-02-19),efab (14-02-19),enf (14-02-19),george65 (14-02-19),gulliver (16-02-19),hinekadon (14-02-19),Jma (14-02-19),peteramjet (14-02-19),VroomVroom (14-02-19)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,062 Times in 9,090 Posts

Just pheggie being pheggie. The giggling sneering left in action.

I don't think they'll come until AFTER the election. Then they'll start. They'd be mad to do anything else. This stupid finger pointing nyanyananyaya legislation of Shortens is just playing to our current national psychosis where currently everyone wants to out compassion each other. That's all.

pheggie will laugh, then when the boats come and people start drowning in droves (AGAIN!!!) he'll shut up. Then when the coalition says they will stop them he'll laugh. Then when the coalition DOES stop them (AGAIN!!!) he'll shut up.

It's just a wash rinse repeat deal. Seen it all before.

All this has really done is expose Shorten and the ALP as liars on border security. I find it amazing that he did this when all he had to do was shut up and do nothing as he will probably win anyway. But dumb kids are dumb kids and he's in the playground.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

DB44 (14-02-19),eaglem (14-02-19),fromaron (14-02-19),peteramjet (14-02-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 573 Posts

Default The Boats are coming, the boats are coming, the boats are coming.

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Just pheggie being pheggie. The giggling sneering left in action.
    And unfortunately, while it may be seen as just giggling and sneering, the underlying fact is that people who hold pheggie’s views accept the scenes such as the image depicted below, and by inference accept mass loss of life at sea.

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peteramjet For This Useful Post:

eaglem (14-02-19),enf (14-02-19),hinekadon (14-02-19),madtech (14-02-19),VroomVroom (15-02-19)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Last night I caught a quick view as I was walking back in the Lounge room a New flash on 7 than in Indonesia a guy there with his Family said "I will see who win the Australian Election and if it LABOR we will be off to Australia"

Thanks

Perhaps we should all support to have our direct say.
    As much as I hate pollies etc this mob do seem to have a different, direct representation model rather than party policies etc

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

This all a dirty smear campaign.
    It is ScoMo who agrees to the Doctor bill and re-opening Christmas Island so the LIBs can blame Labor if boats DO come later on.
    This is the first time I read something on this topic that actually makes some sense:

People smugglers use planes now to direct refugees here, apparently 27,000 of them just last year alone. Why would anybody bother with boats?
    Paying 1 Billion taxpayers money a year for those 1000 stuck in Nauru/Manu is also pathetic. They can be sent somewhere (NZ-offering) and boats will still not invade Australia as they can still be 'turned back' whatever that actually means.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Thanks

If this is the impetus of more boat arrivals they should already be arriving in droves after that deal the Coalition made with the US to offload 1200 asylum seekers. 3 years ago wasn't it ?

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nomeat View Post
    This all a dirty smear campaign.
    It is ScoMo who agrees to the Doctor bill and re-opening Christmas Island so the LIBs can blame Labor if boats DO come later on.
    This is the first time I read something on this topic that actually makes some sense:

People smugglers use planes now to direct refugees here, apparently 27,000 of them just last year alone. Why would anybody bother with boats?
    Paying 1 Billion taxpayers money a year for those 1000 stuck in Nauru/Manu is also pathetic. They can be sent somewhere (NZ-offering) and boats will still not invade Australia as they can still be 'turned back' whatever that actually means.
    nomeat likes this article?.....hmmmm. An article critical of the Coalition. An opinion piece that supports arrivals. And from the ABC. There's a stunner.

Quote Originally Posted by PZ. View Post
    If this is the impetus of more boat arrivals they should already be arriving in droves after that deal the Coalition made with the US to offload 1200 asylum seekers. 3 years ago wasn't it ?
    History says that the boats will wait until the ALP is elected. They WILL be elected and we'll see..

As the Coalition is a dismal wreck, and for many the only solution seems to be electing a previous dismal wreck, I am personally less than hopeful of a satisfactory outcome.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

Skepticist (15-02-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

We had that idiot the other day comparing Nauru to a Nazi concentration camp. The facts are that Nauru is not some hell hole. Many Australians would love the lifestyle in Nauru with all necessities provided by the Government. People other than refugees happily live in Nauru. Nauru has medical and other facilities. And on top of that Australia provides medical care. The conditions refugees live under in Nauru is the envy of many.

What stops Nauru being a paradise for refugees is uncertainty. Their ultimate fate is up in the air, and they can't realistically plan for their future life. And there is always the possibility of being sent back to the countries they fled. And they don't dread returning because they would be killed in those countries, but because economic conditions there deny them a comfortable life. I don't for a moment blame these people for seeking a better life with us. But we can't take large numbers of them. And we certainly can't let everyone who can somehow get to these shores stay. The reality is that virtually all of these people are economic refugees who do not qualify for asylum here.

Let's face it. We could put these people up in a 5 star hotel all expenses paid and they would still be very unhappy. The rate of mental illness amongst them would continue to grow. Because their lives are on hold indefinitely and for long periods. It would probably drive me mad to. But at the end of the day they have the choice to be flown back to their home countries at the expense of the Australian taxpayer.

As for boats. I had thought after the Coalition brought the children here that the flood may start. But it didn't. I was wrong. Because I forgot that people smuggler's are far from stupid. If I was a people smuggler the last thing I would do is start sending boats now. We are only months away from a Labor government. I would be making my preparations now so my boats were all ready to leave as soon as possible after the Labor win is announced. Even one boat arrival now might jeopardise all of my profits for the next 3 years! All for a few months. I certainly would not want to give Scott Morrison his Tampa.

Get ready for the claims of push factors and denying there is a problem or anything they can do about it. Get ready for the usual groups to again announce that a stain on Australia's honour has been removed. Get ready for the deaths at sea. Last time the do-gooders were able to claim they could not foresee what happened and were not responsible. What will their excuse be this time when accused of murder or manslaughter? All political parties can afford to ignore us at the start of their 3 year term.
    Last edited by DB44; 14-02-19 at 04:46 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to DB44 For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (15-02-19)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DB44 View Post

As for boats. I had thought after the Coalition brought the children here that the flood may start. But it didn't. I was wrong. Because I forgot that people smuggler's are far from stupid. If I was a people smuggler the last thing I would do is start sending boats now. We are only months away from a Labor government. I would be making my preparations now so my boats were all ready to leave as soon as possible after the Labor win is announced. Even one boat arrival now might jeopardise all of my profits for the next 3 years! All for a few months. I certainly would not want to give Scott Morrison his Tampa.
    Exactly! And I'm sure thats what the Australian and American activists who run GetUp are advising them to do as well. They'd be crazy to do anything else, and crazy they are not.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

DB44 (14-02-19),eaglem (15-02-19)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

nomeat likes this article?.....hmmmm. An article critical of the Coalition. An opinion piece that supports arrivals. And from the ABC. There's a stunner.
    So you just choose to ignore the facts:
    [QUOTE]For example, while we are told that they have "stopped the boats", little has been said about 27,000 on-shore . Most claimants have come by plane from Malaysia and China.[/QUOTE]

As PZ said, a deal with USA was made years ago to offload 1200 from Nauru yet no boat invasion has happened!

So you are quite happy to hold onto the left over 1000 and pay yearly $1Billion forever, yes FOREVER as they continue to breed!
    rather than let NZ deal with them.

Common sense mate, try it.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Super Moderator
    Thanks

[QUOTE=nomeat;795557]So you just choose to ignore the facts:
    For example, while we are told that they have "stopped the boats", little has been said about 27,000 on-shore . Most claimants have come by plane from Malaysia and China.[/QUOTE]

As PZ said, a deal with USA was made years ago to offload 1200 from Nauru yet no boat invasion has happened!

So you are quite happy to hold onto the left over 1000 and pay yearly $1Billion forever, yes FOREVER as they continue to breed!
    rather than let NZ deal with them.

Common sense mate, try it.
    Why would ANYONE want to go to America? Jeeeez nomeat, tell me how much welfare they'll get there? Or is America and Trump now on your buddy list? Didn't some go and want to come back?

They shouldn't be there at all and wouldn't be if they had ID which they disposed of on advice from the activists. Most of them are ALP leftovers aren't they?

Common sense? FFS, don't look in a mirror for any.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (15-02-19)

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,871 Times in 886 Posts

[QUOTE=enf;795561]
    Quote Originally Posted by nomeat View Post
    So you just choose to ignore the facts:

Why would ANYONE want to go to America?
    Mexicans and South Americans don't mind.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DB44 View Post
    The reality is that virtually all of these people are economic refugees who do not qualify for asylum here.
    Absolutely wrong - the reality is that virtually all of these people are genuine refugees who do qualify for asylum here - that is why they are still there as overriding that "asylum" is the policy that no boat people will be settled in Australia. The economic refugees who do not qualify for asylum are returned to their home countries once their refugee status is determined and request for asylum is denied.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

[QUOTE=pheggie;795563]

Maybe it has something to do with the Proximity of the US of A.

Not my quote!!! It's pheggies..............enf
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Super Moderator
    Thanks

[QUOTE=pheggie;795563]

Nope, no cigar. They aren't after welfare.

The ones stuck bypassed plenty of countries of refuge to get to the pot'o'gold at the end of the Australian rainbow.

Not my quote!!! It's pheggies..............enf

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by garrycol View Post
    Absolutely wrong - the reality is that virtually all of these people are genuine refugees who do qualify for asylum here - that is why they are still there as overriding that "asylum" is the policy that no boat people will be settled in Australia. The economic refugees who do not qualify for asylum are returned to their home countries once their refugee status is determined and request for asylum is denied.
    How do you know? Omniscience? They ditched their ID on instruction from their handlers making it incredibly hard to verify their unsubstantiated claims.

You know the handlers. The ones making all the money on their suffering and misery at sea.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (15-02-19),Skepticist (15-02-19)

• Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast