Thread: Solution 16 Test Reports

Thanks

Default Solution 16 Test Reports

I've been running a Solution 16 panel for several years with dial-up monitoring with no issues.

Recently had a Permaconn 4G dialler installed.

Ever 8 days since then I've been getting an automated Comms Failure message from my monitoring company - though they've been successfully getting the arm/disarm events.

Speaking to them today they said the panel had never (even when on fixed-line dial-up) been sending regular test reports and my panel can't do that, so they've disabled monitoring the missed comms events at their end to stop the automated messages.

They said our config had been 'reset' at their end when it was switched to 4G hence we started getting the regular (every 8 days) comms failure events.

Checking out some of my docs tonight it reads as if the Solution 16 can do regular Test Reports (Location 506-513) (My panel is still set at default 00000090 - so I assume, yes no regular test reports were being sent).

Would I be correct to assume I can set the Test Report config (Location 506-513) for regular reports (eg. '13000290' 1pm test every 2 days) and then check with monitoring company to make sure they're getting the test events, and then have them re-enable monitoring for missed comms events?

Or were they correct that the Solution 16 can't do regular Test Reports that the monitoring guys can use to check for comms failures?

Cheers.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

They can do test reports.
    I would generally set them to daily when doing a 4G upgrade.
    Program it if you have access to installer programming then after you get out of programming push and hold 9 until you get 2 beeps.
    This will send a test report to the control room.