Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sky Racing (or similar) Satellite TV receiving.

Thanks

Sorry for late reply all!

100% the pommie, he is after that 1 second advantage where possible

How would one go about getting the signal on the first bounce? (ive never done any sat tv stuff at all)

He has contacted sky with no luck (not a suprise there)

And legitimately a friend asking.. But deffaintly wants a few second advantage for betting.. No secrets here 😂

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Darren Weir might have some decoders going cheap
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

hazman (19-03-19),hinekadon (20-03-19)

Thanks

Waste of time, what betting agency allows bets while the horses are on the track and running?

• The Following User Says Thank You to apsattv For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (20-03-19)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by apsattv View Post
    Waste of time, what betting agency allows bets while the horses are on the track and running?
    None of the legal ones
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (20-03-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iSurgez View Post
    Sorry for late reply all!
    100% the pommie, he is after that 1 second advantage where possible
    How would one go about getting the signal on the first bounce? (ive never done any sat tv stuff at all)
    He has contacted sky with no luck (not a suprise there)
    And legitimately a friend asking.. But deffaintly wants a few second advantage for betting.. No secrets here 

I dont know re the Autralian tracks or satellites but he may need access to biss codes if the first bounce signals are scrambled in biss. You really need someone with first hand knowledge of the protocols being used and what is possible re first bounce signals.

Thanks

re: "first bounce" Most racetracks in Australia use a terrestrial link ie: not satellite, I think they would be Microwave direct to a communications tower or perhaps Fibre Optic cable. The exceptions are country tracks where this is unavailable or uneconomical. I've seen many a satellite feed from Sapphire Coast track which is some distance from Bega carved out of the native coastal bush so I assume this is a case where a direct line of sight to a tower is not available. Then there are the country tracks that only have one or a few meetings a year, this is where TRP and SkyRacing use Satellite feeds predominately Optus D2 152°E but I have seen a few on D1 or Intelsat 19 when D2 is under heavy use for other events. On only one occasion that I can remember was a link encrypted using biss. NOW for the the BIG exceptions where a metropolitan feed does appear they are at carnival time like today Sat. Golden Sipper day at Rosehill Sydney Optus D2 152°E TBS009 SNG Rosehill 12661V 7500 "SkyRacing" feed and Optus D1 160°E Astra 3 "channel 7" 12661V 7500. Both FTA and in HD.
    Last edited by geosatman; 23-03-19 at 02:50 PM. Reason: typo
    FreeSat V7 Combo, Amiko A5 combo, UltraPlus X-1000HD+, Mediastar HD8200s
    2.4m motorised mesh, 1.2m on D2, 1.2m on D1, 95cm on IS19

• The Following User Says Thank You to geosatman For This Useful Post:

irritant (29-03-19)

Banned
    Thanks

Sorry for bumping an old thread but thought it would be better than starting a new one.

I'm also looking for info on accessing on course feeds. Don't care about latency or anything like that but would be cool to see them parading, heading to the barrier etc.

What size dish would I be looking at to access these feeds? I've got the old standard Foxtel dish (65cm?) but I'm assuming that's going to be inadequate.

Thanks for any help 😊
    Last edited by JA89; 26-07-19 at 04:07 PM.

Thanks

You can access Racing Feeds thru Optus D2 Ku ,A "65 will do the job and there are a few Feeds on that sat every now and then. I can pick up SKY 1 and 2 FTA on Measat 3 C-band using a 3 mtr. Mesh, you might be able to pick it up with a 2.4 mtr. Mesh or Solid dish. Sky 3 is encrypted on that sat. There is another FTA Racing Channel on that Sat with Italian Audio...

Banned
    Thanks

Awesome, thanks so much for the help 😊

Banned
    Thanks

Cool

A Google search brought me to this thread so excuse my ignorance, I know very little about Sat TV besides the info I've picked up after a quick browse here.

Like others, I'm interested in the feeds direct from the track (before SKY Racing get their hands on it and put their odds overlays all over it etc). Could anyone give me an idea as to the frequency of these random feeds appearing on D2? One meeting a day? One meeting a week? I'm a big harness and greyhound racing fan too, do any of those pop up or is it just thoroughbred?

Probably too simplistic but if I find a feed from a particular track, would it be reasonable to assume that their next meeting would also show up also? Or is it just a random assortment of tracks at random times! Just looking for a bit of an idea so I can justify to the wife that I'd get enough use out of a "huge ugly dish on the roof" (her words lol).

Sorry for all of the noob questions.

Cheers
    Last edited by Robbie_K; 06-10-19 at 07:20 PM.

Thanks

Hi simple answer is "It's Random" no pattern, mainly rural thoroughbreds no Harness racing seen on Optus D2.

Mainly used as raw weekend backhaul or backup link if they can not get a uplink via other means.

Measat 2 is even more unpredictable with their feeds with one ch usually scrambled.

Simplest method is via IPTV streaming usually heaps of APKs or kodi carrying Aust sky racing. If you are happy to have a slight delay.

Thanks

no Harness racing seen on Optus D2.
    Not true off the top of my head I can think of quite a few like Cobram, Temora, Junee, Eugora, West Wylong, Blayney, Marburg, Stawell, Hamilton, Victor Harbor, Gunbower, Burnie, Boort, Wedderburn, Ararat there are some others but as you can see all pretty rural places. Sundays are common for daytime feeds and evenings in the summer months. Greyhounds are rare I can only think of Temora and some place on the northern tablelands NSW which I can't rememer right now. Look on Optus D2
    12661V 7500, 12670v 7500, 12679v 7500, 12697V 7500, most common also 12652v 7500, 12643v 7500, I have also seen Horizontal used on high traffic days like yesterday when there were feeds for Supercars, NBL Note these were encrypted.
    Probably too simplistic but if I find a feed from a particular track, would it be reasonable to assume that their next meeting would also show up also?
    Usually as I have seen feeds from places where they are upgrading to HD or the Terrestrial equipment hasn't been installed like the first few meetings at Pakenham, Murray Bridge, the new Wagga Paceway but all short lived.
    Last edited by geosatman; 13-10-19 at 06:20 AM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to geosatman For This Useful Post:

cmoore (13-10-19)

Thanks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by geosatman View Post
    Not true off the top of my head I can think of quite a few like Cobram, Temora, Junee, Eugora, West Wylong, Blayney, Marburg, Stawell, Hamilton, Victor Harbor, Gunbower, Burnie, Boort, Wedderburn, Ararat there are some others but as you can see all pretty rural places. Sundays are common for daytime feeds and evenings in the summer months. Greyhounds are rare I can only think of Temora and some place on the northern tablelands NSW which I can't rememer right now. Look on Optus D2
    12661V 7500, 12670v 7500, 12679v 7500, 12697V 7500, most common also 12652v 7500, 12643v 7500, I have also seen Horizontal used on high traffic days like yesterday when there were feeds for Supercars, NBL Note these were encrypted.

Usually as I have seen feeds from places where they are upgrading to HD or the Terrestrial equipment hasn't been installed like the first few meetings at Pakenham, Murray Bridge, the new Wagga Paceway but all short lived.
    Proves how much I watch it these days if I've missed that.

Banned
    Thanks

Hi, since posting here a few months ago I've had my local antenna guy out who aligned my ex-Foxtel dish to Optus D2. I pick up a very occasional racing feed (maybe 1 or 2 a week) but I know there are days where there are 3 or 4 feeds (from apsattv) and I'm literally getting none of them. As mentioned my dish is a standard 65(?)cm Foxtel dish, is it possible it's just too small to be picking up most of the feeds? My decoder is a Strong 4955, could that be the weak link? I'm fairly sure the alignment is still good but I suppose a storm could have moved it slightly or something. Anyone have any ideas on what the likely issue is? Thank you again

Thanks

As mentioned my dish is a standard 65(?)cm Foxtel dish, is it possible it's just too small to be picking up most of the feeds?
    Yes it is almost certain your dish is to small...

I use a 1.2 metre solid fibreglass dish salvaged from a early internet install with Norsat PLL lnb's
    Last edited by geosatman; 24-10-19 at 04:22 PM. Reason: typo

• 07-09-21, 11:35 AM

Reason
    Do not post crap just to increase post count to send uninvited/unwelcome PM's.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12