Thread: 52lg65yd

Thanks

Default 52lg65yd

Recently bought what I refer to as an FBTV for MrsRadio, LG 52LG65YD LCD HDTV. Problem is that on boot the damn thing plays an annoying "Welcome Sound" that's loud enough to wake someone sleeping in an adjoining room. Was wondering if anyone knows how to turn the infernal noise off. LG don't seem to, first they said it couldn't be done then said an authorised service agent might be able to but it wouldn't be covered under warranty as it's not actually a fault. The consultant did admit that it's the single most complained about item. He was even able to guess what I was calling about well before I had finished explaining the problem. Any takers.
    Last edited by MrRadio; 27-09-08 at 10:48 PM.

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

the sound has to be comming from somewhere and be generated by something and seeing they built it surely they know what/where.
    I'd be threatening to return it and buy another brand along with a long,loud complaint about poor service etc.
    It makes you wonder if the set needs attention at a future date, would they know how to fix it if they 'DUHHH, we don no wat makes it do dat' !!!!!