Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Christchurch Mosque Shooting

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

George65, please keep it relevant without too much name calling, such as the "slime" etc. I support free speech and will allow you your say but you must keep it relevant and intelligent. Thanks.

As to post reports, if you dont like a topic, dont read it. Simple as that. Or if only tech topics interest you dont visit general chat because there are none in here. Thanks.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

bob_m_54 (16-03-19),DB44 (16-03-19),enf (16-03-19),Tiny (16-03-19),tristen (16-03-19),Uncle Fester (16-03-19)

Thanks

i have a prediction and it is.

newzealand gun owners bend over and prepare for some collective punishment.

other prediction is the guns are stolen but the police say they are registered.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bob_m_54 View Post
    Ah OK, so violent movies and video games are more of a threat, than easy access to semi automatic weapons in the hands of real people (if you can call them that) that are clearly deranged.
    Ah yeah, Easy access...

Do you even know what the procedure is for getting a Class A in NZ?
    No, you don't but lets not let that stand in the way of more hyperbole and rabble rousing.

I looked into it what I went there and they don't just hand the licences out or the guns over the counter. But lets just pretend they do so we can ride on the back of this and make ourselves feel better shall we?

Much easier to blame the tool that try and get to the real root of the problem.
    Years ago in the '50s and '60s you COULD buy guns with no license what so ever. I went to the cop shop, paid $8 showed my licence and got a paper hand written gun license and went to Kmart in Bankstown and bought my first 2 over the counter like that. There were loads more guns around but there were none of these shootings or blowing people up or running them over so what happened to create the situation we have now? I took my Dad back to his home town couple of years ago and he showed me where he would hunt rabbits not 500M from the town then when he got a load he would walk down the main street with the rifle over one shoulder and the rabbits in the other hand. People would stop him and ask if he wanted to sell any of his rabbits. that's how he made pocket money. Can you imagine the panic if someone walked down the town with a rifle of any sort these days?
    How come people had no fear back then and they do now? What happened to turn things around?

There were MORE guns then but less murders and Violence over all. Something changed to make so many more people Phsyco. Perhaps if we asked the hard and uncomfortable questions we might be able to solve these problems not just make ourselves feel good we have done something when all we have done is cover the problem up.

If I wanted to take a bunch of people out, it would be down to Bunnings for some oxy and acetylene bottles, Couple of BBQ tanks and a heap of bolts and nails.
    Onto ebay for some timers or Remote switches, battery, bit of wire, see you later. Come to think of it, no need to go to bunnings, I have everything in the shed and in my electronic components boxes now. I can cut and weld metal, have mates round for a BBQ, Fix the doorbell and grow hydroponic tomatoes with the stuff I have which is what I bought it for or I could take a lot of people out with it.

You can't stop anyone determined to hurt people, it's not possible but you can look at and address what the causes are that make them want to do it.

Like I said, watching the live stream wasn't particularly graphic, I have had my stomach churn far more watching movies.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

bob_m_54 (16-03-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

I don't read 90% of your sh!t but, FMD george, I hope like fvck you're on the watch list.

Thanks

seriously a sad day , then you have afkwit politician over here who blames it
    all on immigration SERIOUSLY this bloke is a fkwit

Senator Fraser Anning blaming the murderous attacks by a violent, right-wing, extremist terrorist in New Zealand on immigration .

• The Following User Says Thank You to fandtm666 For This Useful Post:

bob_m_54 (16-03-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    Ah yeah, Easy access...

Do you even know what the procedure is for getting a Class A in NZ?
    No, you don't but lets not let that stand in the way of more hyperbole and rabble rousing.

I looked into it what I went there and they don't just hand the licences out or the guns over the counter. But lets just pretend they do so we can ride on the back of this and make ourselves feel better shall we?

Much easier to blame the tool that try and get to the real root of the problem.
    Years ago in the '50s and '60s you COULD buy guns with no license what so ever. I went to the cop shop, paid $8 showed my licence and got a paper hand written gun license and went to Kmart in Bankstown and bought my first 2 over the counter like that. There were loads more guns around but there were none of these shootings or blowing people up or running them over so what happened to create the situation we have now? I took my Dad back to his home town couple of years ago and he showed me where he would hunt rabbits not 500M from the town then when he got a load he would walk down the main street with the rifle over one shoulder and the rabbits in the other hand. People would stop him and ask if he wanted to sell any of his rabbits. that's how he made pocket money. Can you imagine the panic if someone walked down the town with a rifle of any sort these days?
    How come people had no fear back then and they do now? What happened to turn things around?

There were MORE guns then but less murders and Violence over all. Something changed to make so many more people Phsyco. Perhaps if we asked the hard and uncomfortable questions we might be able to solve these problems not just make ourselves feel good we have done something when all we have done is cover the problem up.

If I wanted to take a bunch of people out, it would be down to Bunnings for some oxy and acetylene bottles, Couple of BBQ tanks and a heap of bolts and nails.
    Onto ebay for some timers or Remote switches, battery, bit of wire, see you later. Come to think of it, no need to go to bunnings, I have everything in the shed and in my electronic components boxes now. I can cut and weld metal, have mates round for a BBQ, Fix the doorbell and grow hydroponic tomatoes with the stuff I have which is what I bought it for or I could take a lot of people out with it.

You can't stop anyone determined to hurt people, it's not possible but you can look at and address what the causes are that make them want to do it.

Like I said, watching the live stream wasn't particularly graphic, I have had my stomach churn far more watching movies.
    You do realise that my "thanks" was for your compliance to what I said, don't you?

Thanks

Still waiting for another obviously sympathetic persona to reply. But I doubt even "scum" like him could justify such horrific atrocities.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

George, I rarely give your posts the time of day, A Semi Automatic weapon, can be easily converted to a fully automatic weapon, If you have has any experience with the SLR of old, you'll know what I mean. An AR may not have the power of any modern weapons, but they are just as deadly. I agree, guns do not kill, people do. However, the fact that an idiot can gain access to weapons that are not even necessary for hunting is irresponsible, to say the least. I do not believe in the death penalty for the reason that the perp, once dead, has no opportunity to regret their actions. I'd much rather see them "paying" for the rest of their natural, just like the families of their victims.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

I'm not surprised in the least re the attack, more surprised its taken this long

It was only a matter of time before a certain tiny % of ppl, sick to death of the vibrant enrichment program being forced upon us, along with said 'benefits', decided to pay the vibrants back with the same 'benefits'

Action................Reaction

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to alpha0ne For This Useful Post:

DB44 (18-03-19),eeprommemory (17-03-19),george65 (16-03-19),Jma (17-03-19),VroomVroom (18-03-19)

Thanks

So much for Video games having nothing to do with it. From the shooters writings before the event:

Were you taught violence and extremism by video games,music,literature,cinema? Yes, Spyro the dragon 3 taught me ethno-nationalism. Fortnite trained me to be a killer and to floss on the corpses of my enemies. No.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bob_m_54 View Post
    I don't read 90% of your sh!t but, FMD george, I hope like fvck you're on the watch list.

Matter of fact I have been in contact with the cops twice this week. They well know who I am and they would have checked me out well and truly years ago. Sorry to disappoint but not for anything remotely like you are hoping for. I am in fact helping them out.

The most dangerous and distasteful person that exists today is one that thinks for themselves and doesn't tow the line like the rest of the sheeple. The do gooders and lefties can't stand people who don't think like them, the only correct way to think in their beliefs.

I'd much rather see them "paying" for the rest of their natural, just like the families of their victims.
    Unfortunately it's you , I and every other tax payer that is paying for them when they are locked up.
    Guy will probably write a book or do an interview or something and be paid a fortune. Won't do him much good in the clink but who knows what he will divert the money to?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alpha0ne View Post
    I'm not surprised in the least re the attack, more surprised its taken this long

It was only a matter of time before a certain tiny % of ppl, sick to death of the vibrant enrichment program being forced upon us, along with said 'benefits', decided to pay the vibrants back with the same 'benefits'

This is exactly what the guy wrote about. In his mind he was defending the lands of the Europeans from the invaders. He writes about seeing the attacks on the Europeans by the Muslims and that is what tipped him over the edge and made him think he had to do something. The real turning point was the death of Ebba Akerlund in one of the Muslim terror attacks. something with the death of that child really struck him hard.

The scary part about this is the guy is not some raving Fruitloop. This was well thought out. he did not want to die, he planned to be caught and apparently put his affairs in order in anticipation. he believes that by going to trial and being imprisoned he will bring much more attention to the reasons he did what he did and inspire other to make a stand.
    This wasn't some radical nutter, this was thought out with care and the effects and ramifications very well considered.
    His ultimate goal was out of the Muslim extremist playbook. Put fear and trepidation into the hearts of the opposition and make them think twice about coming to the places they ultimately wish to over throw and make the ones already there feel very unsafe and unwelcome.

He also talks about why he chose to use guns. Cites a number of different things he could have done with everyday materials including a truck bomb but says guns would create the most controversy and keep the event remembered the longest. It seems he wanted to cause uproar over guns because on the US second amendment and believe that will be attempted to be abolished and basically draw a line between the leftist do gooders and the right wing conservatives. He also talks about wanting to avoid contact with teh police because he did not want to hurt them at all and it was a priority not to.

I have no doubt this is going to start a lot of tit for tat attacks which was also what the guy was planning for.
    This is just the tip of the iceberg I think. He did this to initiate change and that is what is going to happen in some form or another.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fandtm666 View Post

Senator Fraser Anning blaming the murderous attacks by a violent, right-wing, extremist terrorist in New Zealand on immigration .
    According to the shooter himself, Immigration is EXACTLY the reason for the attack. You might call him a fk wit but he is speaking the factual and undeniable truth.You cannot argue with an admission from the person that commited the crime themselves.
    Not saying it's justified, just that immigration WAS the main motive of the shooter so the guy is 100% right in saying it was because of immigration.

The shooter had NO connections to any group and in fact disparages some right wing extremist groups.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (18-03-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alpha0ne View Post

Sadly you are right that this type of thing was almost inevitable. This is because violent deluded nutters are not limited to Islam. Islamic fundamentalists want to kill or subjugate all non Muslims. White supremacists want to kill or subjugate all non-Whites. And the list goes on. This sad excuse for an Aussie has not paid back anyone. He has killed innocent people including children simply because they are members of a group his group doesn't like.

You don't need to be clairvoyant to see where this is going. More innocent people will be killed by deluded fanatics.

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DB44 For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (17-03-19),lsemmens (17-03-19),Tiny (16-03-19),tristen (18-03-19),Uncle Fester (16-03-19),VroomVroom (18-03-19)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    I have no doubt this is going to start a lot of tit for tat attacks which was also what the guy was planning for.
    This is just the tip of the iceberg I think. He did this to initiate change and that is what is going to happen in some form or another.
    George, I don't agree with most of which you post (you post a lot of crap), however the above extract is spot on. Nailed it.

Before you attack me, I have agreed & thanked some of your posts in this & other threads when you get it right.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

DB44 (17-03-19),mi_tasol (17-03-19),tristen (18-03-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post

Before you attack me, I have agreed & thanked some of your posts in this & other threads when you get it right.
    I don't expect anyone to agree with what I say nor do I post anything for social approval. I have a different perspective of looking at a lot of things and I apologise to no one for not conforming to the social norms and prescribed way of thinking.

I welcome people to disagree with me as long as there is thought and reason put into what they say and they are not just parroting the predictable media and brainless social crap as we have seen elsewhere here. I learn a lot more when people do disagree with valid points and critical thinking than when they just repeat what they see in the media and on " current affair" shows that are directly aimed at the lowest common denominator IQ levels whom are incapeable of thinking for themselves.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DB44 View Post
    White supremacists want to kill or subjugate all non-Whites.
    I don't get where " Whites" come into it?

This is a RELIGIOUS issue.Why are people so unable to define between race and religion? Is it ignorance or deliberate?
    WTF has skin colour got to do with it? You don't have to be any skin colour in particular to be Muslim or anything else far as I am aware and I am sure there are hundreds of thousands of white Muslims out there.

If we take it that the " average" muslim is middle eastern ( although millions are asian) What do you call them? I wouldn't refer to a Middle eastern as Black, they are not asian, never heard them called either and to me the closest definition would be white/ Caucasian.
    I have read plenty and heard plenty of the muzzos wanting to kill the non believers and infidels but I have never heard them ever mention whites, blacks or any other colour so the whites and non whites BS fails on both sides of the fence. You said it yourself, they want to kill non Muslims not whites.

If this were about race, why would the guy be in his mind trying to defend a land of Non white people being the Maoris from what he saw as Invasion?
    He has no gripe with any non whites, only a particular religion and its supremist agendas of taking over the world.

Near me there is an Anglican church. Few white people go there, it's mainly islander people, Tongans, Maoris, Fijians etc. By the same token, I see black people and no shortage of them as well as Islanders coming out the catholic church. Remember old Salim Maharajah and his aussie wife whom became muslim? White as as they came but they took her in so WTF is it with this white crap all the time?

Religion is NOT about skin color and suggesting it is just shows the typical divisive crap the media want to peddle and the issues they want to stir up.
    If anyone falls for it, more fool them for not having a brain to think for themselves and realise the flaws in what they are saying.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

There are major differences between this shooting and those in the past and apart from being a right wing extremist, this terrorist had his guns registered!
    There are a lot of muslim haters in this country and a lot of them have registered guns.
    This terrorist clearly sent a message to all of those that they can make a 'difference', which makes this a calculated political act and not just that of a deranged nutter.
    He has declared war ...and he is smiling in court for what he has 'achieved' .

He will consider himself a martyr when he gets a 1000 years jail time, which means NZ taxpayers are going to pay probably over $200/day + healthcare for the rest of his pathetic life.
    One can only hope his inmates will make sure he REALLY gets what he deserves.

...and how does total ban of private ownership of guns sound?
    Only shooting allowed in club ranges with guns chained to concrete blocks.
    Depending how this might escalate, who knows.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 16-03-19 at 11:12 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (17-03-19)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    George65, please keep it relevant without too much name calling, such as the "slime" etc. I support free speech and will allow you your say but you must keep it relevant and intelligent. Thanks.

As to post reports, if you dont like a topic, dont read it. Simple as that. Or if only tech topics interest you dont visit general chat because there are none in here. Thanks.
    Got it half right at least.
    But as for not liking something, saying it is freedom of speech, opposed to sticking one's head in the sand.
    There are sometimes tech topics also in general chat as this is a tech forum.
    I also consider discussing guns a technical matter and although I never owned any in Australia(my father was a gun collector) I am interested in them from a technological standpoint. I have even had gun owners come to me to fix and restore very old weapons. For me it is not that much different to fixing old clocks, it is all mechanics just with different forces involved and more interesting than fixing washing machines.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 16-03-19 at 11:38 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (17-03-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nomeat View Post

...and how does total ban of private ownership of guns sound?
    Like a typical lefty knee jerk reaction.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (17-03-19),eeprommemory (17-03-19),Jma (17-03-19),VroomVroom (18-03-19)

• Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast