Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Christchurch Mosque Shooting

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by garrycol View Post
    The Racial Discrimination Act 1975 forbids hate speech on several grounds. The Act makes it "unlawful for a person to do an act, otherwise than in private, if the act is reasonably likely, in all the circumstances, to offend, insult, humiliate or intimidate another person or a group of people; and the act is done because of the race, colour or national or ethnic origin of the other person, or of some or all of the people in the group.
    The United States has no such act.

In 2002, the Federal Court applied the Act in a case involving a complaint about a website which contained material that denied the Holocaust. The Federal Court ruled that the material was a violation of the Act - similar to the rabid rants in this thread.
    Not applicable to us given their is no such act in the US.

Section 474.17 of the Criminal Code Act 1995 makes it an offence to use a carriage service such as the Internet in a manner which reasonable persons would regard as menacing, harassing or offensive.
    No such US code.

Open and Free speech is one thing and I fully support that, but read George65 posts - he is clearly is breaching this law supported by this forum.
    Rubbish. You post reported 4 days ago and stated "I am sure the National Security Hotline would be interested in hearing about this guys views". You wouldn't know free speech if it hit you in the head. And I will say it here and now, you are an imbelic ####wit for dobbing someone in to a national security service simply because you dont like their opinion. You are a classic example of a leftist twat that wastes our countries resources because you don't like opinions other than your own.

Now while you are wasting everyones time, why dont you go and have a look at this forum and report them ? Nah, better to report us hey.

Discussions about this current event are happening all over the world on forums, social media, every medium there is. And you know what ? People have differing opinions. Its not all leftist twaddle. And in 6 months, people will be saying whatever they want and no one will really care because that's the way life is. Crap galore because its a fresh event, in 6 months no one cares.

I am removing you from the site. Not because I don't agree with your opinion, but because you are a dog for making a ridiculous report out of spite and a time waster of this countries security services. For the record, I don't agree with everything george65 has to say, but I do believe he has the right to an opinion. Australia does not have freedom of speech enshrined in its constitution, however the United States does and that is one of the reasons this site is hosted there.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (21-03-19),george65 (20-03-19),hinekadon (20-03-19),Jma (20-03-19),porkop (20-03-19),Tiny (20-03-19),VroomVroom (21-03-19)

Administrator
    Thanks

Now, just a reminder again.......

Keep it relevant. There are always 2 sides to a discussion, make objective points to support your argument/s along with some facts. Yes, debates about serious issues and events, particularly that involve race and religion often become heated so people need to try and keep it in check.

Thanks for your co-operation

Administrator
    Thanks

I see the President of Turkey is showing the video on Turkish media and has stated he will send any Australians and New Zealanders who hate Muslims back home in coffins like their grandfathers ( reference to Gallipoli).

Interestingly, just over 8,000 Australians were killed at Gallipoli and 2700 odd New Zealanders. Turkey lost at least 85,000 killed from its over 250,000 casualties. Ironically, no one got sent home in coffins, so Erdogan doesnt know his own countries history very well at all.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (21-03-19),hinekadon (20-03-19),ol' boy (20-03-19)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

What a statement to make.... Did any Western Countries make a similar statement about Muslims when they run over, shot, slashed, bombed, gassed or hijacked planes with Westerners?
    Last edited by ol' boy; 20-03-19 at 05:32 PM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Thanks

did she get on all fours too and suck them off.
    meanwhile in other country's Muslims are killing Christians and NOTHING said about it.
    double standards piss me off.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eeprommemory For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (21-03-19),george65 (20-03-19),Jma (20-03-19),ol' boy (20-03-19)

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    What a statement to make.... Did any Western Countries make a similar statement about Muslims when they run over, shot, slashed, bombed, gassed or hijacked planes with Westerners?
    Its about as stupid as it gets. Though its not hard to see why he did it.

Erdogan is heading to an election and a loss. Economically Turkey is going bad and Erdogan has had his snout in the trough for quite a long time. Ironically Mustafa Kamal (ataturk) changed Turkey after WW1 and Gallipoli, ditching the Islamic Government for a democratic one. Unfortunately 100 years later Erdogan fronts an Islamic government that does not allow any protests.

Alleged chemical warfare against Kurds, having opponents detained and beaten (and probably killed given 2016's attempted coup) and constantly attacking the US are some of his interesting characteristics. Most believe he will attempt to be President for life.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

DB44 (20-03-19),eeprommemory (20-03-19),ol' boy (20-03-19)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

I must be on your guys ignore list as I thought this was is a major issue:

but nobody cared.

Erdogan would be amongst the top evil rulers of this world.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 20-03-19 at 06:00 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

DB44 (20-03-19),hinekadon (20-03-19)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eeprommemory View Post

FFS, what a load of pandering and BS
    There was a crime, just grab him and convicted him.
    Where are the Facebook people changing there cover photos this time around???

And yup, i knew it, revised gun laws.
    Poor NZ, will never be the same again, sympathy for sharia law will be next
    Last edited by ol' boy; 20-03-19 at 06:01 PM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (21-03-19),eeprommemory (20-03-19),VroomVroom (21-03-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I am removing you from the site. Not because I don't agree with your opinion, but because you are a dog for making a ridiculous report out of spite and a time waster of this countries security services. For the record, I don't agree with everything george65 has to say, but I do believe he has the right to an opinion. Australia does not have freedom of speech enshrined in its constitution, however the United States does and that is one of the reasons this site is hosted there. For the record, I don't agree with everything george65 has to say, but I do believe he has the right to an opinion. Australia does not have freedom of speech enshrined in its constitution, however the United States does and that is one of the reasons this site is hosted there.
    For what it is worth which is not much I don't agree with you removing him. But it is your site and your prerogative. And yes, thank God we are not hosted in this Nanny State where we are supposed to walk on eggshells lest we offend some poor precious snowflake or any number of the now professional offence takers.

Administrator
    Thanks

meanwhile in other country's Muslims are killing Christians and NOTHING said about it.
    double standards piss me off.
    I also think its ridiculous leftist pandering that's going too far.

I also think its ridiculous she is Prime Minister. NZ has a basket case system

Popular vote :

National 1,152,075
    Labor 956,184
    New Zealand First 186,706

You need 61 seats to govern and the Nationals only had 56 , Labor a paltry 46 and New Zealand First 9 (lost 3) and the Greens 8 (lost 6)

On 19 October 2017, New Zealand First leader Winston Peters announced that the party was intending to form a minority coalition government with the Labour Party of 55 seats, with confidence and supply agreement from the Green Party. This is the first Government in New Zealand under MMP where the most popular party is not part of the Government. The election resulted in Ardern becoming New Zealand's third female Prime Minister, and Peters being reappointed Deputy Prime Minister.

Thanks

The Greens influence is poisonous wherever it exists.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DB44 For This Useful Post:

admin (20-03-19),alpha0ne (21-03-19),eeprommemory (20-03-19),enf (20-03-19)

Thanks

so turkey now says its going to get Brenton Tarrant.
    is she going to cave in to them too.

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DB44 View Post
    For what it is worth which is not much I don't agree with you removing him. But it is your site and your prerogative. And yes, thank God we are not hosted in this Nanny State where we are supposed to walk on eggshells lest we offend some poor precious snowflake or any number of the now professional offence takers.
    He is reporting someone on this site to government security agencies because their views are not the same as his. He has been clear since his arrival that he is a leftist and doesn't tolerate views other than his own. Despite that, he has been allowed his say on this site for 6 years. Personally, I don't think I would be allowed 6 minutes on a left wing forum even if I was polite and only posted facts.

As well as reporting a member, he will of course have reported Austech of which I am the owner, to the same government authorities. I have owned and operated this forum since 1997 and for at least 10-15 years have publicly stated that I am a right wing conservative, something akin to a mass murder in today's current environment.

Now if you owned this site and multiple security agencies kick your front door in at 4am tomorrow, beat the #### out of you and destroy half your house because of a moronic idiot calling a national hotline because he doesn't like someone, I would be interested as to whether you would keep that person on as a member ? But you are entitled to your opinion.

• The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (21-03-19),DB44 (20-03-19),eeprommemory (20-03-19),enf (20-03-19),george65 (20-03-19),Jma (20-03-19),lsemmens (21-03-19),VroomVroom (21-03-19)

Premium Member
    Thanks

The New Zealand and Aussie bars in Indonesia would have be a risky place to have a beer again.
    I'm sure what ever intelligence gathering they have is turned to 10

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

admin (20-03-19)

Administrator
    Thanks

And they think they have the threat locked up in a NZ jail cell. You can only hope that the upcoming elections are not too rigged and that Turk's kick Erdogan to the kurb.

Despite the horrors of WW1, Australians and New Zealanders found the Turks to be decent people so we can only hope they do the decent thing at the ballot box.

• The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

Uncle Fester (21-03-19)

Premium Member
    Thanks

I'd suspect its the exact same thing as our Government trying to tell Indonesia not to kill those 2 drug smugglers
    Although i'm sure our Government really didn't care, but i get the feeling this Turk really does care, election or not.

Maybe NZ can give Tarrent a Stop Over in Turkey on the way to Egypt

"You heinously killed 50 of our siblings. You will pay for this. If New Zealand doesn't make you, we know how to make you pay one way or another," Erdogan told
    Now who is the Nazi!

Not bad from a Country that has murdered 100's of Journalists
    Last edited by ol' boy; 20-03-19 at 06:42 PM.

Thanks

The Turks I know are great people. Comes of them growing up in what used to be a secular state, albeit with a majority of Muslims of somewhere between 96.4% and 99.8% of the population. Until Erdogan.

Administrator
    Thanks

I dont believe any of the dead were Turkish ? (happy to be corrected as I am not uptodate on the staus of the injured).

If that is the case, he is attempting to start a religious war which ironically he accused Australia and New Zealand of doing in 1915.

Premium Member
    Thanks

They have a great history of killing people, hopefully its just a tactic for the election
    But one example, wiki has many more

Last edited by ol' boy; 20-03-19 at 07:16 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 573 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    The United States has no such act.
    Not applicable to us given their is no such act in the US.
    No such US code.
    Australia does not have freedom of speech enshrined in its constitution, however the United States does and that is one of the reasons this site is hosted there.
    While off-topic, it should be made abundantly clear that just because this forum is hosted in the USA, does not mean than legal action cannot be taken against posters under Australian laws.

If the poster is located in Australia, or if a relevant post is viewable in Australia, the laws here may be applied - regardless of where the site is physically hosted.

• The Following User Says Thank You to peteramjet For This Useful Post:

DB44 (20-03-19)

• Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast