Thread: TPG... Pack of thieving A... holes

Thanks

Default TPG... Pack of thieving A... holes

TPG............................................... .................................................. ...................

Terms and conditions state that I MUST waive my rights to holding TPG accountable to making a connection to my premises within 2-30 days.
    If I do not waive my rights, I can not proceed with my application.

Lets just forward this to the Ombudsman.

I am entitled to make you accountable to provide me a service under Australian law.
    And I think 30 days to transfer me from Telstra to TPG is more than acceptable.
    Am I wrong?

Why cant Telstra just provide a <$100 Tier 100 NBN plan?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

look at ABB they have a sub $100 @100 unlimited and
    i can say that i have never had an issue with them

Thanks

bongo, I would like to hear from you which other RSPs do not ask you to waive your rights when going with personal connection contract. I will seriously consider them as my next service provider.
    Even highly recommended ABB waives your rights and cannot guarantee connection within 30 days.

I wouldn't blame TPG or Telstra, in my opinion the whole industry is crippled.

• The Following User Says Thank You to fromaron For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (17-03-19)

Thanks

I cant recall Telstra asking me these questions. Otherwise I wouldnt have gone on a rant. Nor would I have lodged a complaint to the Omb.

But I could be mistaken

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bongo View Post

But I could be mistaken
    A lot of people misinterpret meaning of CSG waiver. You waive certain rights including rights to have service within 24 hours and caused financial losses. General Australian Consumer Law still applies to all. The law is very vague in timing definitions. For example - "reasonable time" means nothing to me.
    My "reasonable" is not the same as service provider. You can complain if RSP doesn't take necessary actions to provide you service. If they organise your connection which is delayed due to capacity problems or weather conditions for example you have no protection.
    BTW, Telstra has it also. You are only covered according to Australian Consumer Law as far as service guarantee goes.

What I found also, the best strategy is to rant at whirlpool creating as much fuss as possible hoping RSP forum rep jumps in to help.

Thanks

if you have a NBN connection then it shouldn't take long. It went over to ABB and was swapped over within 24 hours. that was 12 months ago and their service has never waivered
    TPG are renowned for the poor customer service, good speeds from what I have heard but the rest is shit. As soon as they bought out iinet a lot of people skipped from westnet/iinet and went looking for better elsewhere

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by efab View Post
    if you have a NBN connection then it shouldn't take long. It went over to ABB and was swapped over within 24 hours. that was 12 months ago and their service has never waivered
    Below is extract from ABB current T&C. I agree with others ABB provides the best service this days.

Our obligations
    to you

In accordance with the terms and conditions of this agreement, we will use our best
    endeavours to provide a service to you and to provide the necessary information to
    access that service.
    To note:
    • We will use our best endeavours to ensure a continuous service; however,
    this is not guaranteed.
    • We will aim to connect your service within 30 days. We will not be liable for
    any delay in connecting your service.

Thanks

well I can't say those that I know had to wait a long time, however, as you say it's in the T&C

Thanks

*****UPDATE****

Yesterday I had a phone call from the ACMA in regards to my complaint and I can officially tell you.
    All companies that don't OWN infrastructure (the copper or fibre) have the right to request that you waiver your CSG and can withhold their service if not agreed.
    As they cant hold the wholesaler accountable. The only companies that dont ask you to wave your CSG rights are Telstra and Optus.

That was from the words of ACMA.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bongo For This Useful Post:

fromaron (21-03-19),Peck (21-04-19)