Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sol 16i

Banned
    Thanks

Cool Sol 16i

A couple of questions on the Sol 16i for anyone who have done a few. Will the RE005 V1 or V2 work with this panel?
    The other question is - what is the difference between loc 550 (set domestic No) & loc 515 (domestic Nos) I have done plenty of 16+ & 64 but the 16i seems a little different & this is the first I've done for domestic dial
    Thanking the knowledgable ones in advance

Look Here ->
    Thanks

As far as I know the RE005 remotes don't work with these panels.

And not sure about your 2nd question as I don't use the 16i

Thanks

nah that wont work, 3334E units work on it, same as 880, 16+ and 64
    Austech member since 2001 (member 21)

Thanks

the reoo5 from memory, has two relays right?

If so, why not wire it into the panel as a keyswitch arm?

Banned
    Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by keef82 View Post
    the reoo5 from memory, has two relays right?

If so, why not wire it into the panel as a keyswitch arm?
    cause then you don't have the relays to use for anything else silly.

But it really is a shame that just when bosch get a really good remote they change their product mix so it can now only be used on the 840 & the old 16. The 880s are all ultimas now & increasingly the 16i & 16+ plus will get used until they just drop the old 16 altogether.

Thanks

I have done 1 16i and told the boss that if he was going to sell more of them he could install them himself.

Thanks

udont like them?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ArjanH View Post
    I have done 1 16i and told the boss that if he was going to sell more of them he could install them himself.

why is that?? it is the easiest panel ever to install! Locations are easy, cabling is easy...man u must really hate bosch to make a comment like that??

What was the problem with the install?

Thanks

The only problem I have found with the 16i is if you aren't going to program it from a laptop you actually have to have a manual in front of you, unlike the 16+/64

Andrew

Thanks

Sorry guys. Been having some issues with my pc ... the reason I dont like them is because the have taken a great panel like the 16+ and 64 and deminished it.

I am very fond of the 16+ and 64 but to me the 16i is less than it could be and therefor not doing the best for my customers. Yes we still offer the 16i but suggest to our clients that the + is in our opinion the better panel.

Look at it this way. Would you like your house with or without windows. Sure you can live in a house without windows but it is much more pleasant with them even though it costs a bit more.

If you are after a cheap reliable alarm get an 880 Ultima or a DSC or DAS or any of the other good quality brands with LED Keyapds. If you want something that looks nice, works well and is user friendly get a 16+ or a 64. Its as simple as that.

Thanks

you see the 16i was a prelude to the new Solution E, a stripped down E panel on the new 485 bus. 16i needed to be 100 or so bucks less than 16+ and it would have been resonable but not 50 bucks cheaper.

Wait till the new E panel arrives, 1000 users, 160 zones, 40 door access and promised voice module and TCP/IP module, but I wont hold my breth on the modules, they supposed to be out for the 64 and 16+ but never happened.

Thanks

The only difference between a 16+ and Icon (for the end user) is plain English on the Code Pad.
    All locations are the same, both report to SMS, one has LED Code Pad and one has Graphic Code Pad
    Code Pads are cheaper for the icon and the panel is cheaper.

Compared to the other panels mentioned do any of them come standard with SMS out of the box ?

Thanks

Default Solution 16i

The major price difference between the 16i and 16+ is the cost of the additional Code pads is lower for the 16i... but the 1 and only 16i kit that I bought actually cost me more than the 16+s. I agree that the programming of the 16i requires either direct link or manual on hand, my customer actually finds it more difficult to interpret as well, might as well have put a cheaper LED system in.
    C.
    PS. Is there anyone who actually DOESN'T like/love the 16+?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Muviman View Post
    The major price difference between the 16i and 16+ is the cost of the additional Code pads is lower for the 16i... but the 1 and only 16i kit that I bought actually cost me more than the 16+s. I agree that the programming of the 16i requires either direct link or manual on hand, my customer actually finds it more difficult to interpret as well, might as well have put a cheaper LED system in.
    C.
    PS. Is there anyone who actually DOESN'T like/love the 16+?
    Guess not. Heh

The story I got was that the designer of the older solutions sold the originals to Bosch and then a few years later went and worked for Inner Range for a while. He then went out on his own again and designed the new series of Solutions and thats why the programming is similar to the concept.

Thanks

Meinrad is the guy that designs the systems, there is massive simalarities between the old EDM panels and the new panels! He also rents the building at huntingwood to Bosch...smart man

Thanks

Meinrad ... thats the guy. I was trying to think of his name when typing the last message.

Hmmm I can't think of any similarities between the new and old solutions. What were you thinking of? I had thought that there were many more similarities between Concept and the new solutions. Infact I told one of my tech mates to think of it as a mini C3000 when he went to install his first one and he never called me to ask any questions. Spoke to him a few days later and he said it all went really smoothly (this was a Sol64 with 3 keypads, 3 partitions, and 3 doors).

I love these panels and can't wait for the new version to come out as it will replace my 64 in my house.

Thanks

yeah like scratching the numbers off IC chips, same input schems, the way some of the components and transistors are...very simalar.

The new "E" panel will be a hit for sure..same 485 bus as 16i but with alot more expandability..but i doubt the TCP/IP and voice module will work, we got promised 2 years ago we would have that.

They wont do a GPRS either or if they do it will be well overpriced with limited use..best to g with the Permaconn units, dual sim and support and backup you gotta love!

HS

Thanks

I have to admit that the lack of the additional "promised" modules has been my main dissapoinment. The voice, ip, and home automation modules would be huge! I know I would get them. I talked to Visionlink ages ago and they promised me an E to field test in my house as I am all but settup for all those anyway. That was about a year ago .

Thanks

Meinrad has never worked for Inner Range, he did own EDM before selling it to Bosch. The Solution 64 has always been GPRS capable even before it was released on the market (you just dont know it is there). You guys should stick to installing instead of gossip. At least then you comments might be factual.
    Last edited by kiwitech; 14-11-08 at 08:30 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks

No kiwitech, what I am saying is Bosch wer going to release a GPRS unit themselves, this has been going on for a year, it will never happen, I know the Sol series can fit a GPRS such as permaconn 2020 cause u use the contact iD...

So thanks for the advice but i know what im doing..oh I mean factual

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast