Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Violence and the Koran

Thanks
    Thanked 3,664 Times in 831 Posts

Just on another point George, I recognize and remember many of the depressive symptoms you speak of. Especially the not being able to do any work one, not even being able to think, or do anything. The worst is that other people who have never had it just can't believe what you saying is real when you tell them this.

They just cannot fathom how someone could feel so unhappy, to the point where they can't do anything anymore. I struggled with my higher-ups at my workplace with this one. They tried to immediately get me on medication, or to see someone, to try and "get rid of this problem as quickly as possible". They just didn't understand that it doesn't work that way.

And it's exactly like you say -- people see no bandage, etc. so they can't understand how you can be injured. I too feel, to this day, that my brain has suffered permanent damage of some kind. I definitely can't do the things I used to mentally, even though my mood has completely changed over the course of the last c. 6 years.

Yes, one definitely is a changed person afterwards.
    Last edited by irritant; 21-03-19 at 04:31 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to irritant For This Useful Post:

george65 (21-03-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Mohs View Post
    The worst is that other people who have never had it just can't believe what you saying is real when you tell them this.
    It's probably karma for me.
    I would have said and probably did say that depressions was all bullshit and an excuse.

I remember the first time I mentioned it to the doctor. I was going downhill and put it down to getting older then I ended up that I could barely sit on a chair.
    Did the blood test for my diabetes, went to the doc and said what ever you are giving me isn't working, I could barely drive here let alone walk in the place. better give me something stronger. I had been going great guns the last 6 Months and was really on top of the diabetes but then it was like falling off a mountain.

I remember he listened, asked a couple of questions and then said excuse me a minute I'll be right back. He comes in and says right, I have made an appointment with the psychologist for you, if there is any problem with that time let them know and I have made an appointment for you to come back here a couple of days after and she will write me a report.
    I said why am I going to a Psychologist? He turned the screen with my blood results and said your health has improved in the last 6 months, everything is working fine. There is nothing more I can do to make you more healthy, you are doing a great job. The reason you feel the way you do is depression. I said but this is physical. I know when I feel sad but this is something else.
    He said no, it's not.
    And so the ride began and seeing when it will end is too far off in the distance yet.

And that's THE most frustrating thing. I see people with real disabilities doing all sorts of things that leave me for dead and i'm fully able bodied and cant do shit. Couple of hours on my generator today and I was physically and mentally stuffed. Did some measuring, Cut some metal, re spooled the MIG and did some welding and I just don't want to do anymore.
    I'm frustrated because I want to do it, I sure as hell know how to do it and I 'm trying to do it as something to occupy myself and achieve something but it's like growing grass in winter.

I too am out of pocket just to keep going along, mine is about $220 a month for the chemicals and Poisons. Most of it I can't tell if I am better or worse off with it.
    Struggling along on my own without the crazy pills as I call them. They turn me into too much of a zombie. I don't feel anything at all and sometimes thats worse when you know whats happened but you can't cry and it won't register.

The worst part is we are coming into winter. I have been told my depression is seasonal in part. It's not. July was when we lost our boy. There is the date of his accident, the day we lost him, the day of his funeral and... his birthday. Right in the middle of winter. There is the fear of the date coming closer, there is getting through the horror month and then there is the getting over it. Takes out the whole miserable season.

Maybe this year will be better and my balls will have dropped in the 12 months before.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

irritant (21-03-19)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Read the book "The Shack" or watch it on "Netflix"

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Depression, unfortunately cannot be fit into a little box. The doc may be able to play around with your meds to help a bit, but that is it. I live on anti-depressants. One was giving me all sorts of trouble but he had to wean me off that one to start another. One morning, about half way through the weaning process, I woke up and said, "I'm back!" For the first time since the accident, I actually felt "normal". The quack said, "Right, that's where we leave you" IOW we don't change the drugs any more. I still have my moments, but, that is where I've been for the last 10 years. Until you've been there, you don't know how debilitating depression is. I certainly didn't. Sadly many mental illnesses cannot be easily diagnosed, or quantified. It's not like you can open someone up and say "the carbie needs adjusting", it is, in many ways, guess work. Mine had a definite cause (21% Brain Damage), not all can be identified as, "on this date, at this time, such and such occurred and you are going to be sick, then you'll get better", it doesn't always work that way. We've just got to learn to grow flowers in sh*t!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

DB44 (22-03-19),irritant (22-03-19),ol' boy (22-03-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gulliver View Post
    We're all different. I had the misfortune to read this book, against my better judgement, on the basis of a most enthusiastic recommendation and found it very disappointing. It is a failed attempt to explain the abduction, rape and murder of a young girl in the eyes of the Christian God, and why the murderer should be forgiven even by the girls parents. If it gives comfort to some or even gives an explanation some find satisfactory, that is great. I found it to be quite simply garbage.
    Last edited by DB44; 22-03-19 at 03:05 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gulliver View Post
    Genres: Thriller, Suspense, Religious Fiction
    Well it goes in the same group as the Quran or The Bible, but i don't see what it has to do with the topic.

LSemmens
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bob_m_54 View Post
    Well it goes in the same group as the Quran or The Bible, but i don't see what it has to do with the topic.
    It's related to the subject of depression into which this thread has drifted. It has NO RELATION to violence or the Quran. FWIW, I think I saw it when first it was released, did nothing for me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hinekadon View Post
    ...dietys dont exist...
    What if it's more complex than that though?

What if existing or not existing is only a thing us humans invented to understand the universe -- binary, 1 and 0 mode, etc? And, once we prove something exists it generally exists, but what if it could decide not to exist within a nanosecond?

You and I could both be wrong or both be right. And wrong and right may even amount to the same thing. Sometimes at different times/moments. He/They neither exist nor don't exist, but persist (but not in a sense of existing) in a third or poly-state(s) of something(s) in-between or beyond existing/not existing (-1 or 2 in terms of 1 and 0). What if they are 1 and 0 simultaneously?

And, be a "He" and "They" and "Nobody" at the same time, and choose to be 1 one day/moment and 0 the next, or whatever. A complex, fluid presence dynamically changing between/beyond existing and not existing, or being both then none (which might even be the same thing looking from opposite perspectives -- i.e. -1,0,1 or 1,0,-1).

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

What if it's more complex than that though? quote !!!! yes please, as every diety/dictator says "I AM" but i think on a broader scale perhaps you may be sitting on the wrong part of the diamond And the sharp side goes down so you are sitting on the flat where it sparkles not a pain in the arse . All dietys regardless of origin try to get you on the sharp end have you noticed that they hold on to the sparkley end and push the other at you as if you are the guilty one and have to put your bum in the air for them /him so as to give the choice to them /him , the quran and the bible as well as other "teachings " all want to take the "backdoor " ask any catholic minister lol ,you will pay any thing to get them out of there which is their objective in the first place ???? beside this I want to thank all those that caused april fools day cancelled this year as there are no greater pranks than that, that are going on in the world today lol

• The Following User Says Thank You to hinekadon For This Useful Post:

irritant (02-04-19)

LSemmens
    Thanks

Was it April Fools day and I missed it? Well, you coulda fooled me!!!!

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (02-04-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

To me, religion is just a crutch.
    " Believe some invisible man in the sky will look after you and you will be OK"

People would do infinately better I think to believe in themselves and have more self confidence as well as take responsibility for their own actions and destiny.

How many Virgins do the Muzzos get? 7 is it?
    WTF would I do with them? Flat out keeping up with the Mrs these days and what's the big thing with Virgins? I want someone that knows how to drive not go with an L plater!

Hope at least 6 of them are bloody good cooks and can clean and do the housework well!

Can't see them being much good to the Muzzos/ Lebs either. About 90% of those blokes have had a bad back and been on social security for at least a decade.
    How are they going to be able to do the horizontal hula with 7 presumably young women ( Really Young women in their dreams!! ) when they can't even do a days work?

Unless they really didn't have a bad back of course!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (03-04-19),irritant (03-04-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post

How many Virgins do the Muzzos get? 7 is it?
    yes its 7 - all short , fat , rotting teeth and preferably with beards , just like their own wives

Banned

Thanks

They only have male virgins left now as a result of suicide bombings so their luck has changed and they have gone to good looking goats now all the young females ones are gone

Thanks

What if it's more complex than that though? quote !!!! yes please, as every diety/dictator says "I AM" but i think on a broader scale perhaps you may be sitting on the wrong part of the diamond And the sharp side goes down so you are sitting on the flat where it sparkles not a pain in the arse . All dietys regardless of origin try to get you on the sharp end have you noticed that they hold on to the sparkley end and push the other at you as if you are the guilty one and have to put your bum in the air for them /him so as to give the choice to them /him , the quran and the bible as well as other "teachings " all want to take the "backdoor " ask any catholic minister lol ,you will pay any thing to get them out of there which is their objective in the first place ???? beside this I want to thank all those that caused april fools day cancelled this year as there are no greater pranks than that, that are going on in the world today lol
    Well exactly, so why gift them thus a get-out-of-jail-free card by giving them the luxury of not existing?

Who must take the fall for their actions? Humans?

Let each diety face what they must face, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Banned

Thanks

Default Let each diety face what they must face, and take responsibility for their own action

they are cowards they will never take responsibility their action are to have a life of bullshit spreading perpepuating in luxuries the bestow upon themselves look at the life of the pope its a wonder he doesnt turn into a mushroom "kept in the dark , fed bullshit , white outside a spade inside and alterboys think hes good to eat "
    Time to ban all religions from existance .
    Religion is a human invention to frighten people to be subserviant to the talkers through fear of what will happen after they die and falsely promises a afterlife which is utter crap as we all know when you die you rot you go back to become fertilizer for the next evolution . You dont leave this planet !!!! logically if you did the planet would be a blank hole !!!! or perhaps Im wrong and those things that we call black holes are where all the things have left and gone to heaven . shit it must be a f*cken big place now .
    Get a life go out get drunk smoke pot screw the rest of the world your going to rot any way ,
    Money is the root of all evil is false.
    Religion is !!!!
    Belief without proof is not proof enough : Einstien or some one ????

Uncle Fester (13-04-19)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,079 Times in 9,094 Posts

they are cowards they will never take responsibility their action are to have a life of bullshit spreading perpepuating in luxuries the bestow upon themselves look at the life of the pope its a wonder he doesnt turn into a mushroom "kept in the dark , fed bullshit , white outside a spade inside and alterboys think hes good to eat "
    Time to ban all religions from existance .
    Religion is a human invention to frighten people to be subserviant to the talkers through fear of what will happen after they die and falsely promises a afterlife which is utter crap as we all know when you die you rot you go back to become fertilizer for the next evolution . You dont leave this planet !!!! logically if you did the planet would be a blank hole !!!! or perhaps Im wrong and those things that we call black holes are where all the things have left and gone to heaven . shit it must be a f*cken big place now .
    Get a life go out get drunk smoke pot screw the rest of the world your going to rot any way ,
    Money is the root of all evil is false.
    Religion is !!!!
    Belief without proof is not proof enough : Einstien or some one ????
    I disagree. Religion isn't evil at all. No more than veganism is.

It's the people that use it to lead the gullible around by the nose that are evil. You can't "BAN" it, that's been tried and failed before. To me, the best you can do is ignore it and strive to educate the young so that they don't get sucked in in the first place. And I mean scientific education. Not feel good, easy pass home f*cking studies.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

irritant (13-04-19),lsemmens (13-04-19)

Banned

Thanks

Well with all the wars death and destruction religion has caused the definition of religion or evil has to be changed . I agree scientific education is the only way or no religion for those under drinking age sounds like a better idea , and jail for those who practice underage religion . hows that ?????

Uncle Fester (13-04-19)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

Well with all the wars death and destruction religion has caused the definition of religion or evil has to be changed . I agree scientific education is the only way or no religion for those under drinking age sounds like a better idea , and jail for those who practice underage religion . hows that ?????
    People can believe what ever they want as long as they keep it to themselves and not brainwash others, especially our children.
    An 18+ classification for religion sounds like an excellent idea.
    Also the comparison with alcohol is brilliant, the way it can effect the mind.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

enf (13-04-19),hinekadon (13-04-19)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,079 Times in 9,094 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nomeat View Post
    People can believe what ever they want as long as they keep it to themselves and not brainwash others, especially our children.
    An 18+ classification for religion sounds like an excellent idea.
    Also the comparison with alcohol is brilliant, the way it can effect the mind.
    An 18+ classification??? Bwaaahhaa...what are you going to do, invent a thought police scanner? Pull kids off the street at random and question them? Ban the internet so they can't read what other societies are doing? Create MORE imaginary criminals?......................what a load of crap.

I exposed my six kids to religion really early so they could see the folly, and all six of them did. They came home and asked questions and I answered honestly. It wasn't difficult. Why? Because I didn't panic about it.

@nomeat...take your own advice out of the vegan thread and calm down....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

irritant (13-04-19)

Thanks

Religion is what I've always believed it to be -- a sign of immaturity.

Nothing more than a void-filler to fill a void that never really existed.

The greatest gift any person can ever give themselves in this life is to stop giving a shit about all the things they keep telling you to give a shit about.

If we are realistic -- everything nowadays, especially social media -- is a type of religion. All to fill a void that people blindly believe is there because they have been conditioned to believe it.

Now that you are older and you think back -- school, church, religion, news, television shows, parents nagging in your ears -- what's the difference? They are all doing the same thing -- trying to tell you how to live. FOR YEARS ON END.

The day you realise that you are not imperfect, not incomplete, not needed to be made whole by anybody -- your whole life changes. You begin to appreciate yourself for exactly who you are right here and right now, who you have become. You can appreciate all the things that have brought you to this point -- both good AND BAD -- and you realise that there truly will never be another like you. Your so-called "imperfections" and "faults" are actually features and have made you exactly who you are, and you realise that you never need to be anyone except you.

And, a mark of true wisdom and maturity is when you are asked the question -- "So, do gods exist or do they not exist?" -- and you realise the answer is neither "yes they do" nor "no they do not", but rather "who cares?"

You truly realise what's important in life and what's not, and you get totally in-tune with yourself. And then you will find the craving for all these void-fillers just magically disappears overnight.

You will then also be in a position that it is not important whether religion be banned or not-banned, because it no longer holds any power (and you just don't particularly care anyway -- let idiots make their own lives complicated if they so wish).

Yes, it's an ugly mess guys. The latest "religion" that I've noticed everyone falling for is this urge to go into all these far-flung god-forsaken places over the earth and try and "save" everybody there (e.g. MSF, Unicef, blah blah blah), or trying to save the planet and all the precious little creatures that live in it.

I inwardly smile when I see all their (irritating and annoying) efforts/causes being thwarted by something simple they never factored into the equation -- proving once again -- stop trying to interfere in things that you best stay out of.

The true path to living a happy and care-free life starts with four little words: "Not my f*cking problem..."
    Last edited by irritant; 13-04-19 at 10:08 PM.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to irritant For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (14-04-19),Jma (14-04-19),Uncle Fester (14-04-19)

• Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast