Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Ham Sandwich

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Default The Ham Sandwich

You really have to marvel at the daily offence brigade. Today, its an AFLW player.

Apparently some trolls made some comments, and AFLW player Tayla Harris has now claimed the comments are sexual assault and she is contacting police. Wow ! Where is Garrycol ? He might be able to claim I raped him in the other thread.

Anyway, this is what its about, the comments a couple of people made :

Now, I showed my missus and she nearly fell over laughing ! She thought it was funnier than I did. Maybe she is a female sexist and doesn't know it ?

The great irony out of it is that no one has said a word about the Hannah Mouncey comment, it would seem she/he is not worthy of defending when an AFLW player is the main focus.

Thoughts ? Comments ? We do have free speech to a degree here

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

eaglem (22-03-19),irritant (20-03-19)

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks

At this rate, every company/business/organisation ( such as 7AFL ) will have to censor anything unless it is politically correct. What a world that will be to live in.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

eaglem (22-03-19),hinekadon (20-03-19),irritant (20-03-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

This really is getting ridiculous. When we can't joke about sex and we can't joke about race or religion lest we offend someone the future is indeed a humourless one. All we will be left with is endless and usually unfunny parodies of Donald Trump and other right wing figures on the ABC. They need to toughen up.

• The Following User Says Thank You to DB44 For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (20-03-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DB44 View Post
    This really is getting ridiculous. When we can't joke about sex and we can't joke about race or religion lest we offend someone the future is indeed a humourless one. All we will be left with is endless and usually unfunny parodies of Donald Trump and other right wing figures on the ABC. They need to toughen up.
    Donald Trump is grabbing ham sandwiches now ?

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to exited For This Useful Post:

admin (20-03-19),alpha0ne (21-03-19),DB44 (20-03-19),eaglem (22-03-19),hinekadon (20-03-19)

Administrator
    Thanks

You wouldn't want to be a right wing comedian these days would you ? Your joke list would be a blank piece of paper.

Its easy for the leftist comedians, endless jokes about Trump, Tony Abbott, Peter Dutton etc can be made and the more extreme and disgusting the better.

But back on the Ham Sandwich furore, is there anyone here that is seriously offended by what you saw in my original post (the social media comments) ? I am just curious.......I cant find anyone that is offended and every female I ask laughs more than males.

Administrator
    Thanks

Note how many thumbs up and likes those peoples comments got ?

Thanks

I for one would be ecstatic if I had the flexibility and to be that high off the ground when she kicked the ball. Good on her for persueing a sport she enjoys, I wish her all the best

unfortunately there is always some moron who wants to make something out of nothing.
    I enjoyed watching the AFLW because I believe those players played a hard game with some really hard hits.

There skills are better than a few of the men who get paid more to be sooks.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to efab For This Useful Post:

DB44 (21-03-19),irritant (20-03-19),lsemmens (21-03-19),Uncle Fester (21-03-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,664 Times in 831 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    ...is there anyone here that is seriously offended by what you saw in my original post (the social media comments)?...
    Not if you have that thing called a brain.

Seems nowadays humanity has evolved so far that it is no longer required, like wisdom teeth or the little toe.

I am actually more upset at the bastard that did such a good job with the stitching in the crotch of that pants. In a world of low-quality goods, you couldn't just adopt the same philosophy?
    Last edited by irritant; 20-03-19 at 09:13 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

She seriously classified the comments on Social Media as sexual abuse!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

OMG if she thinks that is sexual assault then maybe she should be charged with public nudity for exposing herself in the first place

• The Following User Says Thank You to VroomVroom For This Useful Post:

Jma (21-03-19)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,965 Times in 9,060 Posts

Sigh!.........

The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (21-03-19),DB44 (21-03-19),fandtm666 (21-03-19),hinekadon (21-03-19),irritant (21-03-19),porkop (22-03-19),shred (26-03-19)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

I'm offended, when did it become ok for women to kick balls?
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (21-03-19),DB44 (21-03-19),enf (21-03-19),irritant (21-03-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

I didn't see any of the comments, the pic link is broken. I even searched online to see if I could find any of the offending comments pasted on other sites, but it seems they are all deleted.

But knowing how some brain dead morons comment on other social media platforms (facebook, twitter, youtube etc.), I don't doubt there would have been some pretty crude comments before they were deleted.

It boils down to; if you wouldn't like someone making similar comments about your daughter, wife or mother then it probably is offensive to the person you are commenting on, so fair enough she didn't like it. I reckon it would also be fair enough that if they were able to identify the perpetrators (account details, email addys etc), that they did strip their AFL club memberships or ban them from matches, if the comments were that bad.

That's just my opinion of course

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by efab View Post
    I for one would be ecstatic if I had the flexibility and to be that high off the ground when she kicked the ball. Good on her for persueing a sport she enjoys, I wish her all the best

unfortunately there is always some moron who wants to make something out of nothing.
    I enjoyed watching the AFLW because I believe those players played a hard game with some really hard hits.

There skills are better than a few of the men who get paid more to be sooks.
    Wow, someone that likes AFLW !

I watch 5 minutes now and then to see if they have improved. Then I turn it off and wonder why I looked in the first place.

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bob_m_54 View Post
    I didn't see any of the comments, the pic link is broken. I even searched online to see if I could find any of the offending comments pasted on other sites, but it seems they are all deleted.
    You aren't seeing the giant pictures on your screen in the original post that contain the comments? I would suggest checking your browser settings, as I just loaded it fine using a version of Internet Explorer from WW2.

Administrator
    Thanks

She seriously classified the comments on Social Media as sexual abuse!
    I suppose she is only 21, but someone really should tap her on the shoulder and let her know what sexual abuse actually is. Though no doubt the loony left think it is.

But look out, the heavys are now involved and are determined to track down Ham Sandwich and others and give them a good old fashioned banning !

Quote Originally Posted by Herald Sun
    AFL integrity unit investigators are to join forces with Channel 7’s social media platforms in an attempt to identify the perpetrators, who could be banned from games and stripped of their club memberships.
    But look out, there could be a push to have your drivers licence attached to your account ! Who said women footballers are stupid ?

Quote Originally Posted by Herald Sun
    Adelaide’s Erin Phillips, considered the AFLW’s best player, was among a chorus of athletes from many sports to voice dismay, saying: “There needs to be more accountability with people that do have (social media) accounts.” She suggested that perhaps drivers’ licences should be attached to online profiles.
    Now what about this little snippet........tee it all up BEFORE hand, asking for the "full exposure" knowing quite well that its going to get a reaction. Nice free publicity and it gets people talking about the poor womens league which very few people have an interest in.

Quote Originally Posted by Herald Sun's Mark Robinson
    Tayla Harris wanted the photograph taken. She spoke to the snapper, the AFL’s Michael Wilson, before the game on Saturday and asked him to capture the moment: Full extension of the leg, high off the ground, body slightly twisted, eyes on the delivery.

• The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

irritant (26-03-19)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Saw this a few days ago....

I haven't read any of the comments, to be honest, i was bloody impressed with her kick (or is it a warm up stretch?)
    She can do what all of our team cant do and probably a good portion of some VFL teams... its a cracking kick, stretch, what ever it is.... shows good ability
    Last edited by ol' boy; 21-03-19 at 03:29 PM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (22-03-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    You aren't seeing the giant pictures on your screen in the original post that contain the comments? I would suggest checking your browser settings, as I just loaded it fine using a version of Internet Explorer from WW2.
    No, but I just copied the image link to a browser address bar and it showed up. Yeah those comments aren't as off as I thought they'd be, but what other comments were made? apparently there were quite a lot.

What I did find when I googled the "ham sandwich' reference was this though:

LOL

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    Saw this a few days ago....

I haven't read any of the comments, to be honest
    Second image in the OP ?

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Apparently it was discussed on last night Footy Show, i didn't think that show still existed
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast