Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NSW : Why would you vote Labor ?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Default NSW : Why would you vote Labor ?

The image is linked to the Liberals, but I believe the facts to be correct. NSW is the biggest economy in this country and is doing very well with very low unemployment. When you look at the world today, and even other parts of the country, I find it hard to see much they are doing wrong. The leader Gladys Berejiklian is an Armenian refugee who has got to where she is with pure hard work, not a union/staffer jumper.

Yet all recent polls suggest that Labor and Liberal are at 50% suggesting a very tight vote with a result of a minority government controlled by the Greens. Seriously, who would want that ?

So I am genuinely curious if anyone here from NSW is voting Labor and why ? There could be local issues or something of course as to why they would. Or possibly something else ?

But I hate to see the Australian mentality of "oh well they have had a go we will give it to someone else". I can remember when Australia was booming under John Howard and the country was debt free. A change to Rudd/Gillard/Rudd was disastrous and we now owe a fortune.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

eaglem (23-03-19)

Look Here ->
    LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Awwwwww, C'mon.......we can't let the facts get in the way of a good story. Sadly, the sheeple just don't get it.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

eaglem (23-03-19)

Thanks

Hi Admin,

Yes the Libs have done well in getting some Major projects under way, however they have executed some of them very poorly

* New Metro Rail line ( driverless Trains) Underbudget, and serving area's with poor public transport so big tick there..

* Lock out laws - City used to be Vibrant active, Now teh CBD is a Ghost town after Midnight. Yes laws where introduced to stop drunken one punch attacks etc, Law could be amended, Govt says no and has introducted even more nanny state rules.

* Stadium Knockdown rebuilds. ( the infamous I will fire you Alan Jones Row), Very few voters want the Stadiums rebuilt due to costs etc, referb reno sure, not knock down start again. The cost of this is massive and a Majority of voters want the $$$ to go to Education and health care or drought relief for the Farmers in the state. Could be done much cheaper basicly

*Toll Roads, Every major road in or out of Sydney and the ring road to avoid Sydney are Toll Roads. and some are not cheap. and you are still sitting in a Car park during peak hour while paying a toll. Most of the people that have little to no access to public transport are "encouraged"to use the Toll roads to get about.. If i was to Drive from my home to work & return would cost me 24 dollars a Day... X5 etc etc etc.. you get the Picture in costs... and they want more toll roads...

* Housing, Plenty of house's and apartments being built, but no infrastructure being built to cope. IE Schools, etc. Local Councils are actively stopping development application until Govt can catch up..where i live South western Syd, Pop growth is expected to hit 1M by 2025.

* Employment - take this with a grain of Salt.. Rubber figures, 1 hr a week is classed as employed, most new Jobs are casual or part time.

* Cost of Living - Out of control. Power up thru the roof, Transport costs thru the roof, Housing Buying / Renting eats up most of peoples pay now. Childcare costs are crazy due to red tape. just to run a car in NSW is crazy, 2004, 4 door Manga costs $1200.00 to register in this state, you may get cheaper shopping around for CTP and fibbing on your demerit points / Accident history. but due to poor public transport options a car is required. not a luxury.

* Public transport - trains are Classified as running on time even if they are 10mins late, There are Major breakdowns and incidents on the Cityrail network just about 1-2 a week which can cause major delays on ALL Lines. it takes me 2 hrs a day to get Public transport home on a Good day. if there is a Incident, that can blow out to 4-5 hrs.

Over all they are doing the Job, but they have lost the heart of the voters due to the lack of empathy they are showing.. ( Same as the Federal Lot) Buggered if i know whom i'm voting for tomorrow...

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to snacker For This Useful Post:

Guiseppe (23-03-19),Uncle Fester (22-03-19),VroomVroom (25-03-19)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,050 Posts

Very, very simple, because the National Liberals are a fvcking mess and everyone is out for the jugular
    Days of the last Labor Nat Govt are reverberating, remember your posts then Admin, hope you have a good memory of what you posted, if not i suggest you re read them
    BUT, must admit i agree with you here
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

Thanks

Liberal for me. We are debt free and need to stay there.

Libs lost a lot of capital with the temp banning of greyhound racing a few years ago.

Labor haven't put themselves out there. I don't know any of their front bench.

And I reckon they're still as corrupt as all fork

• The Following User Says Thank You to exited For This Useful Post:

eaglem (23-03-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

With both majors pandering to the greens and going off on the save the world BS crusade of wanting to decimate the power grid and the country, I won't be voting for either of them.

One will of course win out but I hope to put someone in a seat that will keep all this Green bullshit in some form of control.

Politics to me is a con.
    As always, every ad I have suffered for this election is all about putting shit on the other guy, nothing about anything good they have done.
    What job interview does anyone ever go to and just slag out the other applicants instead of promoting their own achievements?

The whole thing is moronic.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Admin, well I hope are you REALLY interested in other opinions and this thread does not just serve to shit face Labor.

No Liberals available to vote here anyhow.
    Not voting Nationals or directly Labor.

Local Nationals have been a dead beat all the years and up until now the local Labor wouldn't give a sh#$ about my area either.
    There are independents here to vote and I don't have to tick all the boxes just those I prefer, so NSW voting has a true democracy.

Pork barrel deals... so what, if finally something comes our way and not only for Sydney, like the $40Billion taken from all the NSW people for 30 km of highway that only a few wealthy can afford to use, paying the high toll.

Those budget figures a pretty skewed too. Most income was stamp duty from the pathetic realestate bubble which has finally bursted while some was Liberal typical
    public assets theft sell off, like Baird's dodgy 'poles and wires' deal and privatisation of public highways.

Pretty sure country Voters don't want to see a woman(she wasn't elected) and that might be one reason why the Coalition could struggle.
    She is too stubborn Sydney centric for me, so no preference vote either.

If Labor means more for schools, I welcome it.
    My son is squashed in a regional school with 2000 students and is confused with the chaos of the teachers constantly swapping around.
    If Labor means more Doctors out here for our hospital, I welcome it.
    Sitting around for 4-6h to get help in the Emergency is no walk in the park.
    And if the Powerhouse can stay where it is, I might even WANT to visit Sydney from time to time.
    I am giving them my last preference before I stop ticking any more boxes.
    They won't win in my region. Nationals have always won here, that is why they can afford to be deadbeats.

Coalition's money waste:
    The NSW Coalition's project planning and management of the George Street tram disaster is even worse than Turnbull's NBN catastrophe albeit on a smaller scale.
    Should there be a Leadership change I hope Labor runs out of money before they start the Stage 3 tunnel that could extrapolate on a much larger level. Imagine 30km of road in Sydney could blowout more than the cost of the NBN. Originally planed for $10Billion, currently at $45Billion, my prediction seems highly likely.

Oh wait stamp duty is drying out really fast!
    Anybody who thought realestate would continue to rise FOREVER should have had their head checked.
    That is what you get when you don't think when you make big promises, no wonder Baird left the sinking ship.

Well we all can now blame Labor for that if they somehow manage to take over
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 22-03-19 at 10:26 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (22-03-19)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

You wonder why NSW people are moving to Queensland in Record Numbers, the highest in ten years.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (25-03-19)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    You wonder why NSW people are moving to Queensland in Record Numbers, the highest in ten years.
    Maybe our youth finds more work there.
    Youth unemployment currently heading towards 25% in our region and I REALLY SEE IT, not just relying on the fake/filtered news.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

hinekadon (23-03-19)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

Unemployment is just going to increase everywhere as we automate,outsource and switch to a temporary workforce.

ANY party that promises jobs is lying.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (24-03-19),hinekadon (23-03-19),Keith (24-03-19),snacker (23-03-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Unemployment is just going to increase everywhere as we automate,outsource and switch to a temporary workforce.

ANY party that promises jobs is lying.
    Not in IT and engineering. Right now we need to import workers from overseas.

When my older son wanted to sign up for IT at the nearby UNI the course was cancelled right in font of his face. They couldn't have known how many wanted to study IT.
    Yet there are plenty of creative arts and sport science courses available there.

Politicians can make a difference here if they would care.

IT and other computer related jobs can also be done in remote regions in the comfort of the home without having to survive in the rat race.
    Hello? ...we have the Internet!
    A major shake up with our employer mentality is required but that needs to get support from our Government before anything happens.
    Instead the Coalition just wants to force migrants(in general) to live in rural/regional areas, who are willing to work but won't find any.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 23-03-19 at 12:27 PM.

hinekadon (23-03-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

Default Why would you vote Liberal?

That's the problem, it's basically a coin toss for the lesser evil. I went to the ballot this morning still trying to work out who I was going to vote for.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nomeat View Post

Not in IT and engineering. Right now we need to import workers from overseas.
    Horse Shit!

Daughters friend just Finished an IT Degree and brained it. Took her months to find a job.

They probably cancelled the courses because for years there have been about 500 applicants for every IT job advertised and it was useless doing it as there were too many students and not enough jobs to ever go round. Whats the point of training thousands of kids for work they will never be able to get a position in?.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

eaglem (24-03-19),lsemmens (23-03-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,664 Times in 831 Posts

I would vote for any party that aims to lift throttling regulations on starting businesses/opening factories/etc. and encourages entrepreneurship. That is what creates jobs in the first place.

And one that does not cut all ties with foreign trade partners, especially importing, but at least tries to keep it in check and doesn't just allow a flooding of the market with cheap, low-quality goods -- rendering all local manufacturing redundant in the process (i.e. massive job losses).

Also, if you have so many jobs available, the trade unions are no longer needed so much, because the worker has more real power as an individual -- if the boss screws him/her around, he/she just says "screw you, I'm going to go and work for your competition."

But, this is all no good, because politicians like to play games. If people had so much individual power, who in the hell then still needs them?

This is why business and enterprise has become the anathema to the modern politician, so I won't hold my breath.

And then, I would stay very far away from anything "green". "Oh, we are going to convert all the power stations using coal to something else." Yeah, and then stop actually mining and extracting the coal? Yeah right. Nice cash cow just lying there waiting to be exploited (can be exported to you know where since you yourself are not using it any more) which would mean someone else would just be putting the gases into the atmosphere that you didn't. So much for the green agenda. All bullshit to make money, and you certainly won't be seeing any of it in your pocket or town/city infrastructure, etc.

So, since these guys told you it is compulsory to vote, I would vote as a country/state for as many different parties as possible, splintering their power into several little pieces so that none of these con-artists have a big enough say to do anything substantial and cause enough long-lasting damage.
    Last edited by irritant; 23-03-19 at 05:03 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Yet all recent polls suggest that Labor and Liberal are at 50% suggesting a very tight vote with a result of a minority government controlled by the Greens. Seriously, who would want that ?
    13% counted at time of this posting it is pretty safe to call it a landslide victory for the LibNats.
    Polls got it wrong again.

hinekadon (23-03-19)

Thanks

I voted for a Minor party. Looks like they will do OK. I'm not sure voting for some of them would be in anyone's interest for any reason.
    There sure are some wacko sounding party's out there.

Best Voting experience ever today.
    Walked into the Very local place about 5:15 and mrs and I were the ONLY ones there.
    Load of people on the desks all ready and waiting. Apparently they hadn't seen a soul for over 30 Min. At the old place I would go to the next area so I could avoid the lines half way across the school playground all day and go tot he absent section which would have a few people only.

One thing struck me though, The guy asked me if I had voted already today? Thought it was Odd but later I realised how open to manipulation the system could be.
    Didn't have to show ID and no way to check who had voted already. Nothing to stop a person knowing the name of their neighbors and going and voting in every polling place in the area.
    I imagine the numbers of people needed to do this would be substantial but it is certainly possible. They would count the votes, declare the winner and then find all the dodgy votes. Wouldn't know whom they voted for so no way to rectify other than another election.

Amazing how polls get it wrong so often. You would think it would be easy enough to sample enough people in enough areas to get it a lot more accurate than it ever is.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Some chick with a long name won!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

DB44 (24-03-19),eaglem (24-03-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,147 Times in 1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    Some chick with a long name won!
    Nice quote from her speech.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reschs For This Useful Post:

eaglem (24-03-19),LeroyPatrol (25-03-19)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

She actually sounds intelligent. Unlike that other woman who tried it on as PM a couple of years back.......

All the best for NSW.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

DB44 (24-03-19),eaglem (25-03-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    She actually sounds intelligent. Unlike that other woman who tried it on as PM a couple of years back.......

All the best for NSW.
    NSW can use all the luck it can get, as can the whole nation. Yes, its probably better the Libs won but the difference is marginal and the choices were appalling. Once upon a time, in the dim distant past I was actually happy if the party I supported in a particular election won. Now I feel like I've lost whoever I end up voting for. The next Federal Election will be no different.

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast