Thread: Crunching Crazy Youtube numbers

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

Default Crunching Crazy Youtube numbers

Bored with the NSW election, I somehow go hooked with numbers elsewhere and did a search on Youtube:

and discovered this:

I have never heard of the dude nor my wife who is normally a bit more into this kind of sound.

So we have currently if I can believe this site:

World population:
    7,753,483,209 (maybe)
    Internet users:
    4,312,982,270 (sounds a bit much but will do for now)

A bit of research revealed that Youtube started cracking down on fake hit numbers already 2012 and I could not find any evidence that the current numbers are fake and this video has been up for 2 years.

So am I living on a different planet or you are you all fans of this Luis Fonsi and spam hitting this video?
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (24-03-19),irritant (24-03-19)

Look Here ->
    LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

He actually sounds alright, pity he's not in Engrish. Remember, of those hits, it does not necessarily mean unique hits. If someone is a fan he might click on that link say, 100 times or more in a year, You'd only need a few million to do that, and in those countries, that is likely quite easy.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    He actually sounds alright, pity he's not in Engrish. Remember, of those hits, it does not necessarily mean unique hits. If someone is a fan he might click on that link say, 100 times or more in a year, You'd only need a few million to do that, and in those countries, that is likely quite easy.
    To get to 6 Billion you might need 60 million to do that, not just a few million.
    I can imagine way more than a few million buying his record/cd, downloading from itunes or listening with spotify but clicking on this YT video the whole time would be something his closest relatives and geeks might try do until he hits the first million.
    ...but all the way to 6 Billion? People who listen to this are usually too busy partying, dancing and having ...

I also tried clicking a few low count videos that I was somewhat associated with and I couldn't get them to advance at all.
    The old clearing cache hasn't worked for ages (over 300 hits) and I am pretty sure Google has to identify the machine these days (digital fingerprint) because of bots.

I am certainly missing something here.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 24-03-19 at 04:27 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (24-03-19)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

It's a very popular song
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    It's a very popular song
    Well I don't think there is anybody on this planet(and maybe beyond) who doesn't know Highway to Hell but it gets only 320Million hits:

But good finally somebody here who knows Fonsi's song.
    So would you be streaming this regularly from YT on all you devices or do you just listen to it on Spotify and hear it in clubs?
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 24-03-19 at 11:38 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (25-03-19)