Thread: 3/4 scale arcade systems over in US. (some mame-based)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Talking 3/4 scale arcade systems over in US. (some mame-based)

I've not posted in a while and thought I would check in. I also though I would mention what is going on the in the retro-gaming world over in the States. A company the past year has come out with a 3/4 scale cabinet. (They are about 48" tall). Without going into a lot of detail, these units run a somewhat locked down MAME under the covers. They come in a box and are put together by the user. The photos make them look bigger than they are, picture sitting on a short stool. Nevertheless, since I could not leave well enough alone, I modded mine with light up buttons and replaced the locked-down CPU that only had 3 Street Fighter games with a 'Pandora' CPU that can run MAME games. The ones I bought were overstock on sale $150USD ($210 AUD), but I spent almost as much in upgrades. Looking at Australian websites, I see a few that sell mini bar-top arcade systems. The difference in the case of the US ones, they are being pushed as main-stream large retailer items.

A stock unit: (not my photo)

Mine, after modifications. (not pictured, the internal game hardware that can now support most any MAME game)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to luckygecko For This Useful Post:

WhiteOx (25-03-19)

3. Look Here ->