Thread: LG Refrigerator/Freezer GC-B197CSW

Thanks

Default LG Refrigerator/Freezer GC-B197CSW

Hi all, I have an LG fridge/freezer (side by side) model GC-B197CSW. It has just starting throwing an error code (shows by way of LED's on the freezer/fridge temp panel). The LED's on the freezer scale are on for level 5 and 2. Does anyone have any ideas on what to trouble shoot here?
    I have turned it off for about 30 minutes, restarted it, can hear the fan run, then shut off. Other systems are its freezing contents in the fridge side, also ice is in the freezer. Any LG techies in here!??? Thanks in advance!

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,106 Times in 490 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LordFordNZ View Post
    Hi all, I have an LG fridge/freezer (side by side) model GC-B197CSW. It has just starting throwing an error code (shows by way of LED's on the freezer/fridge temp panel). The LED's on the freezer scale are on for level 5 and 2. Does anyone have any ideas on what to trouble shoot here?
    I have turned it off for about 30 minutes, restarted it, can hear the fan run, then shut off. Other systems are its freezing contents in the fridge side, also ice is in the freezer. Any LG techies in here!??? Thanks in advance!
    This is a freezer evaporator fan error. The fan may be stalled by ice build up around the suction accumulator.
    If it is freezing food in the produce compartment, the damper may be stuck open, also due to icing.
    Best to remove the freezer evaporator cover and have a look. If you have another fridge, just let the faulty one defrost for 24 hours. This often solves the problem and makes removing the evaporator cover easier.

PM for a service bulletin if you cannot resolve the problem.
    "The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom." - Issac Asimov

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TVguy For This Useful Post:

ammlione (06-09-21),LordFordNZ (05-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TVguy View Post
    This is a freezer evaporator fan error. The fan may be stalled by ice build up around the suction accumulator.
    If it is freezing food in the produce compartment, the damper may be stuck open, also due to icing.
    Best to remove the freezer evaporator cover and have a look. If you have another fridge, just let the faulty one defrost for 24 hours. This often solves the problem and makes removing the evaporator cover easier.

PM for a service bulletin if you cannot resolve the problem.
    Thanks!...will do this.

Thanks

Ok...so error code still present when fully defrosted.....ordered new fan assembly, hopefully this will fix the issue

Thanks

Fixed!...new $40 fan motor did the trick!..many thanks!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Hi team,
    same issue for me with the same fridge. Vegi drawer and bottom door shelf frozen and top of freezer not frozen anymore.
    I'm pretty technically minded, am I right in saying the motor is lower rear on the freezer size, accessed from the back.
    and secondly would anyone have the part number of the motor?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

Parts breakdown -->

Parts list -->

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,106 Times in 490 Posts

Fan is located above the evaporator. You will need to remove the upper cover to access the fan (Item 135A in exploded view).
    Be careful not to break the plastic cover as they become very brittle with age. Refer to the images below.
    stock the motor (item 403A in exploded view).

"The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom." - Issac Asimov