Thread: Earth Hour

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Default Earth Hour

Don't forget earth hour is now in Oz.

I went and put every light on in the front and back yard and I have a LOT of lights out there.

Never let it be said I didn't do my bit to support these moronic causes!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

Bigfella237 (30-03-19),eaglem (31-03-19),enf (31-03-19),irritant (03-04-19),Landytrack (31-03-19)

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

I put my clock back an hour

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

Bigfella237 (30-03-19),eaglem (31-03-19),enf (31-03-19),hinekadon (31-03-19),irritant (03-04-19),Landytrack (31-03-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

You don't impress me
    I'd flash my house lights on and off, but that is even more pointless because I run off grid solar.
    I usually flash the lights on and off during a blackout to torment the neighbours.

Moronic causes ... hehehe... I'm watching the documentary "Behind the Curve"

It's flat earth hour here. I'm beginning to think Star Trek "Prime directive" needs improvement.
    You should not interact with undeveloped civilisations. I think you should drop off the idiots from your own civilisation on some of these undeveloped planets.
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to trash For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (31-03-19),Bigfella237 (30-03-19),eaglem (31-03-19),enf (31-03-19),hinekadon (31-03-19),Landytrack (31-03-19)

Thanks

turns on fan heater.
    i have a heap of truck tires maybe i should light them up to keep warm.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eeprommemory For This Useful Post:

Bigfella237 (30-03-19),enf (31-03-19),Landytrack (31-03-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,154 Times in 578 Posts

It's the cows I tell ya... if we could just stop cows from farting there would be no global warming!

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bigfella237 For This Useful Post:

eeprommemory (30-03-19),irritant (03-04-19),Landytrack (31-03-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfella237 View Post
    It's the cows I tell ya... if we could just stop cows from farting there would be no global warming!
    Well we could stop them farting by eating them but I have read over and over we are supposed to stop eating meat as well.
    Spose we could just shoot them and leave them rot in the paddock but that causes Co2 as well I read.

These forests are a real problem too.
    I also read that you shouldn't burn wood for heating as that releases C02 but then if you let the wood break down and rot away the Co2 emitted is the same.

I think the ultimate soloution might be to do away with the green washed whingers.
    There doesn't seem to be any limit to the hot air they uselessly blow out both ends and pretty sure this MUST be the REAL source of GlowBULL boring.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

enf (31-03-19),irritant (03-04-19),Landytrack (31-03-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trash View Post
    I usually flash the lights on and off during a blackout to torment the neighbours.
    Yeah, that's pretty good!
    I'll steal that one.

Next year I'll flash the lights on the BIIIG tree I have out the front.

Off to fleebay to see if they have a suitable board I can use or I'll just get a timer and hook it to an SSR.
    Wonder what the most annoying flash rate is?

The local council has had signs up all over town saying the fairy lights in the trees down the centre of the road would be off for the earth hour as a sign of support.
    Every goddam building in town will still be lit up as always on a saturday night but turning off those fairy lights will save about 2 billion tons of Co2 I reckon...... which would still be about 0.0000000000000000000087% of the worlds total annual output .

Bet the controllers at the power station will be tearing their hair out when all the consumption dips for 60 Min then all comes back on again.
    Yeah , right!

Probably didn't even notice a thing.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

Landytrack (31-03-19)

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

i spent the day removing all led bulbs from the residence and replaced them with incandesence ones for the night and pointed the ones i could up to the sky in case a flying saucer got lost in the black out . Didnt think of flashing them though damn good idea for next year Thanks trash !! by jove those light bulbs have dropped in price now the salespeople are very accomadating when you say you want to buy some especially the young ones ,the pimples almost jump off their faces

• The Following User Says Thank You to hinekadon For This Useful Post:

DB44 (01-04-19)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,077 Times in 3,348 Posts

It'll take me an hour to work out how to celebrate Earth hour, and, by then I'd have missed it.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

DB44 (01-04-19),enf (31-03-19),irritant (03-04-19)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,109 Times in 9,100 Posts

Earth hour....it should be DEARTH hour, as in a dearth of logic....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

DB44 (01-04-19),irritant (03-04-19)

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

Earth Hour fits in with my growing definition of “what is a lefttard”

.......joins pointless obscure caused because it gives them that warm fuzzy feeling.
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to porkop For This Useful Post:

DB44 (01-04-19),irritant (03-04-19),Jma (01-04-19)

Premium Member

Thanks

Earth hour ? Completely missed it and did not see one mention in any of the news media I was looking at.

No one where I am mentioned it, pity would have given me a chance to switch on every light I have.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Landytrack For This Useful Post:

DB44 (01-04-19),irritant (03-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    Yeah, that's pretty good!
    I'll steal that one.

Next year I'll flash the lights on the BIIIG tree I have out the front.

Off to fleebay to see if they have a suitable board I can use or I'll just get a timer and hook it to an SSR.
    Wonder what the most annoying flash rate is?

The local council has had signs up all over town saying the fairy lights in the trees down the centre of the road would be off for the earth hour as a sign of support.
    Every goddam building in town will still be lit up as always on a saturday night but turning off those fairy lights will save about 2 billion tons of Co2 I reckon...... which would still be about 0.0000000000000000000087% of the worlds total annual output .

Bet the controllers at the power station will be tearing their hair out when all the consumption dips for 60 Min then all comes back on again.
    Yeah , right!

Probably didn't even notice a thing.
    They wouldn't. Consumption doesn't dip at all. For the purpose of grid stability they simply redirect the spare capacity to somewhere else. So every symbolic candle burned is adding to emissions

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to exited For This Useful Post:

enf (01-04-19),irritant (03-04-19)

Thanks

I mentioned this on another forum i know is frequented by a bunch of leftard do gooders and of course one went into a flat ( earth) Spin.
    Got called a denier and insults to my intelligence over thinking it was to save power when it is really to build " Awareness" apparently.

I pointed out I was "Aware' to the back bloody teeth and so was every other right thinking person I knew. I said if it was an awareness rather than a save power campaign, it was still a completely useless waste of time and squandering of resources they are supposed to be trying to save.

I can't look at a thing on the net, on TV, listen to the radio, go out to dinner, the supermarket, walk down the street, open the mail, buy an appliance and yesterday I got another bog roll out the packet and couldn't help but see the environmental message on that! Fitting place to put yet another greenwashed load of garbage.
    Like everyone else, I'm completely fed up with having the "awareness" shoved down my throat 100 times a day. If anyone hasn't got the Globull warming message by now, they never will.
    As I pointed out, more awareness just pisses me off at this point. In my book it's nothing more than a cult Religion and I am not going to be drinking the Koolaide now or ever.

I wonder how many resources were used and C02 Generated by this awareness world wide?
    All those corfulte signs the council had printed they will now have to send guys round inevitably in a council truck to remove that awareness and send it to the landfill. all the hours and KW the do gooders used emailing that awareness and writeing feel good crap about it as well as all the media articles about it.

I wonder how many people remember the message, Whatever the fk it was different to all the other constant do gooder crap we are barraged with, today?

I'll bet fk all to none.

Wonder what the next green washed " awareness" campaign is?
    I'd like some advance notice so I can prepare what ever I need to.... Tyre bonfire, get out some plastic tarps, Have a big all meat BBQ with some mates, go for a drive with the old classic V8 cars, Roll some coal in my Diesel 4WD, see if I can arrange some back burning with the local Bush fire Mob .....

Like I mentioned, never let it be said i don't do my bit to support these moronic causes.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (01-04-19),gulliver (01-04-19),irritant (03-04-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,664 Times in 831 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    There doesn't seem to be any limit to the hot air they uselessly blow out both ends and pretty sure this MUST be the REAL source of GlowBULL boring.
    You're actually on to something all joking aside. Have they not noticed that there is simply just a sheer greater number of humans than before, that breath out...well...CO2?

We could drastically cut emissions by getting rid of them first.

On a side note...Earth hour?...pfft...our country's so advanced our power utility turns off the power for us, we don't even have to ask.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to irritant For This Useful Post:

enf (03-04-19),hinekadon (03-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Mohs View Post

On a side note...Earth hour?...pfft...our country's so advanced our power utility turns off the power for us, we don't even have to ask.
    Yes, but we can one up that.....

We have pollies giving interviews at press conferences categorically denying there will be any blackouts or there is any power shortage when the lights go out in the middle of the press conference!

Few hours later 150,000+ homes are without power for at least 6 hours.

We blow up those terrible threats to the environment called coal fired power stations so we can run on 100% Renewables.... Except for all the Diesel fired Generators we had to install when the whole state went Dark and the unreliables didn't work out. These nice clean Diesel gennys only burn 80,000l of diesel an HOUR. ( Yes eighty thousand liters every 60 Min!)

Takes a LOT to keep up with the intelligence of our Pollies let me tell you!

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

irritant (03-04-19)