Thread: Crow Runner reset smoke detector

Thanks

Default Crow Runner reset smoke detector

Dear all,

i am currently using a Crow Runner 8/16 series with 16 Zones installation type. I have this smoke detector (4 wires,12v) in my kitchen sharing a zone with a PIR detector, connected in series. The smoke detector is of non auto-reset type. So, whenever it detects smoke, after the smoke is gone, i still have to use a ladder to take the detector out of its base and connect it back again to reset it (or cut power), otherwise it stays in alert mode and prevents to arm the alarm. Is there a way to reset this type of detector from the keypad like it is possible in DSC alarms(*72)?
    Thanks,

Look Here ->
    Thanks

The tech could of programmed a reset code, check your manual for this if it was

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xr5adam View Post
    The tech could of programmed a reset code, check your manual for this if it was
    Unfortunately there is nothing in the manuals regarding this. As far as i know Arrowhead AAP alarms are the same with Runner alarms, is there anyone knows how to handle it in Arrowhead?
    Thanks...

Thanks

You can set up the CONTROL button on the keypad to operate an output.
    You would need to rewire the smoke power though output 1 or use a relay via the open collector outputs on 2,3 or 4
    If the smoke goes into alarm, it should be a simple process of holding down the CONTROL button for 2 seconds and then pressing the desired output and this can be set to 2 second pulse for example and will reset your smoke.