Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Election 18th May

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Australia’s relief teacher has been offered a permanent position.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Premium Member
    Thanks

And

If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (19-05-19),eaglem (19-05-19),enf (19-05-19),Keith (19-05-19),LeroyPatrol (20-05-19)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Yes I dont like him because of what he was did and was responsible for Rudd's demise.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Now lets see how many promises Scott Morrison’s breaks

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

william10 (19-05-19)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

OK....I sure got it wrong.

Al Bundy, leave my footy tipping acumennot out of this you bustard....

PZ, you sure called it.

nomeat, you did too.

I was asleep until 1000 am as I was up late last night due to personal issues (not watching the election or any TV for that matter). Couldn't believe it.

I won't try to analyse the reasons as I am clearly not qualified.....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (19-05-19),DB44 (19-05-19),eaglem (20-05-19),Keith (19-05-19),Uncle Fester (19-05-19)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post

He doesn't have to keep any promises, just keep the powerful and rich happy ...and Peter Dutton, then he should be safe for the next 3 years and a secured pension.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

ol' boy (19-05-19),william10 (19-05-19)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nomeat View Post
    He doesn't have to keep any promises, just keep the powerful and rich happy ...and Peter Dutton, then he should be safe for the next 3 years and a secured pension.
    Yes, the Club House is safe again..... Normal transmission resumed.
    The Ultra Rich can relax, back to the golf course for them.
    Last edited by ol' boy; 19-05-19 at 12:21 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

@OB. You are more of an optimist than me. The "Ultra Rich" are safe under both major parties, which serve their interests regardless. The beauty of living in a developed Western country like Australia is that the crumbs left over for the rest of us are substantial enough for most of us to live a decent lifestyle. Wealth re-distribution policies don't touch the ultra-rich. They simply re-distribute the crumbs. All the truly far left and far right countries seem to virtually eliminate their middle class. I can't see this ever changing.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DB44 For This Useful Post:

eaglem (20-05-19),enf (19-05-19)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Bahahahaha Horse Race caller Terry Mccole, just said this during the call of a race, live on Racing.com channel

"Hasn't been a great day for odds on favourites, has it Bill Shorten"

Only Australia wide coverage plus around the world via streaming
    Last edited by ol' boy; 19-05-19 at 02:39 PM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nomeat View Post
    That what I'm worried about, all talk but no action and another 3 years for the rich to hide there Money or move their business over sea's because one day Labor will win and make the lot of them pay more TAX's and close the loop holes.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

That what I'm worried about, all talk but no action and another 3 years for the rich to hide there Money or move their business over sea's because one day Labor will win and make the lot of them pay more TAX's and close the loop holes.
    Don't think so. A large proportion of Australians just rejected the politics of envy, that's all. The Coalition has been given a chance to clean up it's act due to the unpopularity of Shorten as I think nomeat indicated.

A quick glance at the results so far would indicate to this pathetically inaccurate pundit that the issue of much of a majority is still in doubt and that he'll need to negotiate with independents and the crossbench. And he'll STILL be frustrated in the senate anyway.

Not much is going to get done in the next three years.

As for the ALP, all the talk is about Albo and Bowen as potential leaders, although I believe Plibersek should be the front runner.

Does anyone else think GetUps successful hate campaign against Abbott has actually benefited the Coalition in the long run?
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (20-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Don't think so. A large proportion of Australians just rejected the politics of envy, that's all. The Coalition has been given a chance to clean up it's act due to the unpopularity of Shorten as I think nomeat indicated.

A quick glance at the results so far would indicate to this pathetically inaccurate pundit that the issue of much of a majority is still in doubt and that he'll need to negotiate with independents and the crossbench. And he'll STILL be frustrated in the senate anyway.

Not much is going to get done in the next three years.

As for the ALP, all the talk is about Albo and Bowen as potential leaders, although I believe Plibersek should be the front runner.

Does anyone else think GetUps successful hate campaign against Abbott has actually benefited the Coalition in the long run?
    GetUp got their just desserts - people are, finally, seeing that GetUp is nothing more than an extension of the Labor party, with a green tinge.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mi_tasol For This Useful Post:

eaglem (20-05-19)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post

They only need three of the seven in doubt.
    I have a theory that a fair amount of the postal votes will be from the more wealthy conservative voters who dislike standing in a queue with the public at voting booths, or just simply have better things to do.
    NSW state election in Wentworth saw a Liberal catchup once they counted the letters, that is where I got the idea.

There should be a fair bit from Palmer United and that hysteric woman in the senate and even shooters, who are all happy to make some deals with the LNP.

Yes whoever is responsible for ousting Abbott has done the Coalition a good deed.

Surely many in Labor would have liked to dump Shorten when ScoMo became leader but they thought it was their trump card by showing stability and standing by their leader.
    I think swapping an opposition leader does not have the weight of swapping a PM. They could have done it while everybody was focussed on Turnbull's stabbing but on a voluntary base: Shorten agrees to step down based on low polls all the years and the people may have said "good on him", at that time.
    It is easy in hindsight to say that Plibersek may have done a better job had they been more daring but I think she would have.

Bowen's big mistake is his stubbornness but I have been saying that all the time.
    When will these numbskulls get it? You need to compromise to make many people happy. Allowing NG on 2-3 investment properties for the mum and dad investor to secure their future would have made a world of difference.
    Bowen needs to go with Shorten.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 19-05-19 at 06:43 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Well shortarse might have got a kick in the guts but nothing like Palmer.
    All that money and advertising and not one single seat! I have to admit, I thought he would have done a lot better than that with all the leverage he applied.
    I heard debate on the Box about Voting for the person or the party. Looks to me like it played out to the old sales rule, people But the person, the product and the price in that order.
    I don't think fat ol Clive was the person any one liked. Shorthead at least won sets, Palmer didn't come in stone last but he sure was well down that end of the field.

The one thing that facinates me with all this is how much money, expertise and everything else can be thrown at elections / Politicians and they still get it wrong. Completely and utterly wrong.
    Scomo thought he was fked, shorthead thought he was going to walk it in, the polls were as usual highly accurate as long as you took their predictions in the complete opposite of what they were saying and all the advisors, commentators and other experts all got it wrong as well. Just like they did with Trump.

From a marketing/ advertising POV the people involved with politics are a fking disaster. If they were trying to push products for Coca Cola they would be bankrupt in a month.

When the party that wins isn't expecting it, shows you how out of touch and I'll advised they all are.
    Might explain why they make so many decisions that the people are so against.
    If you don't even know when you are winning, how the hell can you tell what the loosing moves are.

We'll see what happens from here and what they do to Fk the place up some more. Have to say I'm very glad labour didn't get in. Their globull warming agendas would have screwed the country before we knew what was happening. Libs might screw it a little slower. I see that greadually cracks are forming in the scam so time next election comes around it might not even be mentioned.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

eaglem (20-05-19),Skepticist (20-05-19)

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

probably as about the same as Shortarse would've if he got it!
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Time to dis-endorse the Turnbull family from the Liberal Party!
    The Eagle Flies High!

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eaglem View Post
    Time to dis-endorse the Turnbull family from the Liberal Party!
    Naaaah...no need to display such vindictiveness. I'd keep inviting him to everything and quietly sticking it to him.

I read that his son deleted his twitter account as soon as the result was obvious. Can dish it for GetUp out but can't take it.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

I heard the whole family closed their Twitter accounts, probably worried about a backlash.
    The Eagle Flies High!

• The Following User Says Thank You to eaglem For This Useful Post:

enf (20-05-19)

Thanks

Typical left wing can give it, but not take it

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to madtech For This Useful Post:

eaglem (20-05-19),enf (20-05-19),porkop (20-05-19),VroomVroom (21-05-19)

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madtech View Post
    Typical left wing can give it, but not take it
    never a truer word spoken!!!!
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to porkop For This Useful Post:

eaglem (20-05-19),enf (20-05-19)

• Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast