Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Election 18th May

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,095 Times in 9,097 Posts

No OB, I don't think so. Political parties are exempt I believe.

I didn't record any of the disgraceful GetUp sms messages spruiking the Medicare lie last election, but I got several as I was a pensioner.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

ol' boy (18-05-19)

Thanks

No votes from me the Govt. is too greedy with their Excise tax on cigerattes and tobacco

Thanks

No votes from Me the Govt. is too Greedy with their TAX on cigarettes and tobacco

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

It just dawned on me
    Every serious legal document or contract you sign, must generally be done in Black Pen

Voting today, we are provided a pencil
    Pencils can be erased

Interesting, amazed we weren't supplied some crayons
    Last edited by ol' boy; 18-05-19 at 07:55 PM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (19-05-19),Tiny (18-05-19),Uncle Fester (18-05-19)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,240 Times in 1,921 Posts

Should have taken your own pen...
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Al Bundy For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (19-05-19),ol' boy (18-05-19),Tiny (18-05-19)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
    Well I’m tipping Shorten will actually open his mouth, which of course means crap will dribble out and alienate the swing voters, Libs in for another term. Of course, if you view my AFL tipping lately, I just put the “kiss of death” on the Libs.
    Quote Originally Posted by DB44 View Post
    I've long been of the view that Labor was going to win easily. The Coalition has been a rabble from shortly after its election, and thoroughly deserves a good kick up the backside. I myself was getting out the steel capped boots and looking forward to a bit of the old Balmain folk dancing on polling day. I was planning to vote for some of the minors or independents, preferencing the Coalition after Labor and before only the Greens. I hate to say it but I am seriously considering holding my nose and voting for this terrible Coalition, little though they deserve it. I've watched in increasing horror as Labor under Shorten, apparently thinking they have already won, announce one terrible and/or dangerous policy after another. I give them points for courage and honesty, but take some away for arrogance. The theory seems to be that the Coalition is so bad that they can announce just about anything they want to do and claim a mandate for it after an inevitable victory. Labor are still front runners, but I'm starting to think that this woeful Coalition may in fact be in with a real chance. Labor have only themselves to blame. This should have been an unlosable election for Labor, yet they seem to be increasingly in danger of losing it. Anyone else see things this way?
    I’m on the verge of saying “I told you all so” and looking forward to changing my name to Nostril Darmus but I might wait a couple more hours....
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Al Bundy For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (19-05-19),DB44 (19-05-19),exited (18-05-19),Tiny (18-05-19)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

Should have taken your own pen...
    Al, you think of everything.... I had to remember to take my reading glasses in so I could see the forms. lol.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

• The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (18-05-19)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    Al, you think of everything.... I had to remember to take my reading glasses in so I could see the forms. lol.
    Its okay Tiny, if you put your face right on top of the voting slip people just think you are being secretive.
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    I had to remember to take my reading glasses in so I could see the forms. lol.
    You weren't the only one.
    Of course the real Difficulty was trying to read a ballot paper twice as wide as the booth and shuffling the thing back and forward to read all the crackpot parties listed on it.
    The Pirate party? The party against non injectable medications?

I should look into running next time round and simply call it "The have a Party!.
    Might not be anything to have a party about next time round though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PZ. View Post
    I posted this scenario in another thread and it's worth repeating it here...

2004 election Howard vs Latham...

Howard Govt in office for 7 years at the start of the campaign.

Libs 48, Labor 52.

6 weeks later Govt returned with 53-47 after Latham brain farted.

Morrison Govt in office for 6 years at the start of the campaign.

Libs 48, Labor 52.

Bill Shorten brain farts

Ladbrokes betting odds Coalition $4.50, Labor $1.19
    “I told you all so!"

• The Following User Says Thank You to exited For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (18-05-19)

Premium Member
    Thanks

I reckon she’s all over red rover, the fat lady is warming up the tonsils...
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Sure is over
    Although a few seats have changed
    And a ship load of money wasted... again
    Last edited by ol' boy; 18-05-19 at 10:05 PM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (18-05-19),DB44 (19-05-19),enf (19-05-19)

Thanks

WA to come - they will seal it for the Coalition.

Tony's out. So there will be no more wrecking, no undermining, and no sniping

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to exited For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (18-05-19),enf (19-05-19)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    ....ALP in a canter.
    The kiss of death prize goes to enf (see footy tipping)
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

• The Following User Says Thank You to Al Bundy For This Useful Post:

enf (19-05-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

bit of a Hewson moment for Shorten.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

DB44 (19-05-19),enf (19-05-19),ol' boy (18-05-19)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,421 Times in 2,522 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nomeat View Post

Interesting... if I set a swing of +4% to Labour in VIC and +4% to LNP in NSW while leaving everything else neutral, the LNP wins hands down by 4 seats.
    I am just very roughly basing this on the performance of their respective State elections earlier this year.
    Pretty sure some National seats in NSW and QLD will fall to OTH but not directly to Labor while Wentworth will go back to Liberal, no way will they accept Labor's tax plan or an Indie who might deal with them.

Polls have been very wrong in the last two State elections and I am NOT BETTING on the current strong Labor dominance shown in the list of Polls from that calculator.
    I called it over 4 weeks ago and I am pretty sure I questioned a Labor win in another thread even earlier!
    What I also should have added that nobody likes Shorten, so how could anybody have expected Labor to win. His days are counted, probably Albo takes over now.

Enf you should have had more trust in me, your worries were for nothing

Abbott now dumped should add a bit more stability to the Libs at least.
    Looks like I won't be able to afford an EV or PHEV for a long time now as Luxury tax will remain.

My next prediction:
    I am kind of happy that LNP will now have to deal with the recession they have steered us into because nobody can blame Labor now.
    Cut immigration and GDP is negative, so ScoMo's big lie about back in black and great economy will be revealed.
    China is keeping us alive but for how long? Economy is not only about big exporters but local spending.
    And yes before anybody starts, under Labor it could be just as bad.
    However their policy was never about economy but giving the people some bikies and maybe some stimulus.
    Now we will see probably more reliance on welfare as the income difference between workers and directors continues to expand.

BTW: the NAT scum posted dirty lies about my local independent repeatedly in our letterboxes. The landslide win for the NAT candidate shows what kind of people voted for him who fall for this shit. I feel disgusted and ashamed to live here.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 18-05-19 at 11:03 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (19-05-19),enf (19-05-19),hinekadon (18-05-19),william10 (19-05-19)

Premium Member
    Thanks

I called it over 4 weeks ago and I am pretty sure I questioned a Labor win in another thread even earlier!
    What I also should have added that nobody likes Shorten, so how could anybody have expected Labor to win....
    LOL, somewhat hypocritical don’t you think seeing as you lambasted me over my statement;
    Let’s be fair to the man (Shorten) the term “Shifty” is not a term that can truly describe him as it’s synonymous with “crafty” or “cunning” which of course would imply he has brains, my view of the man is that he is dumber than dogshit, thicker than two planks side by side. I actually believe that for Labor to have kept him as leader knowing this election was coming is a huge mistake which I believe will ultimately lose them the unloseable election. I am a predominantly Labor voter, I can assure you this time round I will be voting Liberal because there is no way I want Herman Munster as our next Prime Minister.
    What happened to "You are voting a Party not a Leader" unless you happen to live in his electorate. He is a muppet for the party just like ScoMo is.
    As a predominantly Labor voter their policies must have changed dramatically for you not to support them anymore.....
    ...and I guess a hell of a lot more people felt the same way I did then...
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Al Bundy For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (19-05-19),DB44 (19-05-19),enf (19-05-19)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,421 Times in 2,522 Posts

LOL, somewhat hypocritical don’t you think seeing as you lambasted me over my statement;

...and I guess a hell of a lot more people felt the same way I did then...
    Yes they sure did and you just confirmed that I am 100% correct:
    What I also should have added that nobody likes Shorten, so how could anybody have expected Labor to win....
    I was always fully aware that people 'vote' the leader, not the party, something I disagree with, hence my 'lambasting'.
    If they had looked a bit more closer into Labor's policies maybe a traditional Labor voter may have found them not all that bad.
    But Shorten is too dumb so lets vote ScoMO because he likes Footy.

I am pissed over the result because I was hoping for a minority Gov because the whole lot are the worst we have ever seen, better a stalemate, keep status quo until a crew with a brain emerges one day.

Our economy is stuffed so or so!
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 19-05-19 at 12:29 AM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

enf (19-05-19),william10 (19-05-19)

Premium Member
    Thanks

....But Shorten is too dumb so lets vote ScoMO because he likes Footy...
    Can’t help you with the reasons you vote, one way or another, or whether you like footy or not. But you at least hit one nail on the head, Shorten is absolutely dumb, and as I also previously said,
    I would question the mental acuity of any political party and its representatives that would have Bull Shitten as its leader....
    ...and I can assure you nothing between when I said what is below and until now has changed either.
    As for policies, you say they must have changed dramatically for me not to support them anymore, I’ll ask you, what are their policies, specifically those laid out for the coming election, and I don’t mean the bullshit promises that Shorten is making, I mean the substance that comes with those promises, thin f#cking air, that’s what “Oh we will tell you what they are once we are in power”, f#ck off, as enf put it, just more smoke and mirrors, I am full up to the gills with bullshit politicians in general....
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Al Bundy For This Useful Post:

DB44 (19-05-19),enf (19-05-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

Labor has only itself to blame. They lost the unlosable election. They played the old class warfare card and announced many policies that were driven more by ideology than practicality, and were at best dangerous and at worst totally loony. A Kevin Rudd first campaign type agenda and they would have romped home. Instead, I think they thought they had it won and could go wild. The only party I can ever recall winning on the basis of increased and new taxes was John Howard's with the GST election. Whilst Morrison is of course due credit, I think the Coalition really owes a vote of thanks to Bill Shorten and those other Labor ideologues who formulated some of their more loony policies.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DB44 For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (19-05-19),enf (19-05-19),LeroyPatrol (19-05-19),VroomVroom (20-05-19)

• Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast