Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Election 18th May

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

It was as sweet a victory as you could get. Shorten and his would be ministers measuring up the curtains only to have it explode in his face...he reminded me of the Roadrunner when an Acme safe falls out of the sky

I am very happy to see the silent majority got up. You hear 3 to 4 years of leftist whining about gay rights, climate change, public toilets for people with 9 cocks etc etc, none of which mean shit to the average bloke in the street. The inner city elites, who are now all rich labor and green voters, are completely out of step with the average person.

The Coalitions victory was extremely impressive given they were up against Labor, GetUp, the Greens, the Unions, the AMA and a plethora of other organisations set to profit from a Shorten cash give away. They spent so much time, money and resources on Tony Abbott, that they didnt campaign hard enough anywhere else. I live in the seat of Flinders, held by Greg Hunt, and didnt get a phone call or a door knock despite GetUps efforts here. Tony Abbott took one for the team. I think his parting speech was one of the best he has ever given. Zali Steggall will be a one term wonder once they realise how much Abbott actually did for his electorate.

I see the Unions have now stitched up the Labor leadership election by threatening anyone who was going to put their hat in the ring, Labor democracy at its best. I am stoked to hear it, Albo is a rusted on lefty (thats what Australia just rejected) who states he loves "fighting tories". Chalmers on the other hand would have been a genuine danger to the Coalition at the next election, but with Albo in, all Scott Morrison has to do is keep doing what he has been doing and he will be a 2 term PM for sure.

Had to laugh at Shorten's comments that there would be less droughts under Labor. These people aren't the full quid.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (23-05-19),DB44 (24-05-19),eaglem (24-05-19),george65 (23-05-19),irritant (23-05-19),lsemmens (24-05-19),Skepticist (23-05-19),VroomVroom (24-05-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,664 Times in 831 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I am very happy to see the silent majority got up. You hear 3 to 4 years of leftist whining about gay rights, climate change, public toilets for people with 9 cocks etc etc, none of which mean shit to the average bloke in the street. The inner city elites, who are now all rich labor and green voters, are completely out of step with the average person.
    # ME TOO! Haha.

Yes, in several places around the world actually, I am very proud of how many people are wise to all this crap. Definitely the "silent majority" -- until they go and vote that is -- then their voices are heard louder than ever.

In the USA, the same, considering the constant, unrelenting onslaught from institutions like the Clinton's News Network, etc. to try and literally condition and brainwash people to follow the leftist, globalist, greenwashed, latte-sipping agenda.

Even here, where so many people are on the bare bones of their arse and you would expect them to fall hook, line and sinker for any radical leftist crap, I was impressed by how poorly the radical and ridiculous political parties did in our election. The people did not fall for that crap of doubling the social grant, free education, being able to just grab land you want, etc. Instead they voted for a president that is economy-oriented and has in his short-reign as interim president (after they booted the last one out before his term was up) proven to be able to stabilize the markets, calm things down, and be generally good for the country's image overall (even though it's still pretty bad, but not his fault, his predecessor's).
    Last edited by irritant; 24-05-19 at 05:47 PM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to irritant For This Useful Post:

eaglem (24-05-19),george65 (23-05-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post

I am very happy to see the silent majority got up. You hear 3 to 4 years of leftist whining about gay rights, climate change, public toilets for people with 9 cocks etc etc,
    9 cocks, BWAHAHAAHA! spot on though. all this pandering to LBGT@XKWQU^NDE#P, what the fk ever weidos of whom they worked out there were about 120 of in the whole damn country and they want to spend Millions on keeping the little weirdo freaks Happy. What about a life time supply of spoons and cement so they can take a daily dose and harden the Fk up and stop being attention seeking pussies.

The Coalitions victory was extremely impressive given they were up against Labor, GetUp, the Greens, the Unions, the AMA and a plethora of other organisations set to profit from a Shorten cash give away.
    If one REALLY looks at what is going on in the world people are starting to revolt against all the precious lefty garbage. I was only watching something last night where this reporter was salgging off multiple euro Countries for not accepting muslim immigrants, going against Climate change and all the other things the lefties sook about and calling it disgraceful.
    He likened them to and actually suggested they were neo nazis. Not talking about a group of skinheads here, he was refering to about half a dozen COUNTRIES that had recently elected right wing leaders and kicked the leftists out on their well padded arses.

Yet these Millions of people were wrong and should be ashamed of themselves.... according to this one guy.

all Scott Morrison has to do is keep doing what he has been doing and he will be a 2 term PM for sure.

I think they are all idiots BUT, that said, following things the last week or so I am wondering if Morrison might pull another Trump. Be hated and ridiculed endlessly but actually put the country in a better place. He's already fixed one big issue and that's the revolving PM door. At least we will know who was PM yesterday, is today and will be tomorrow.

Had to laugh at Shorten's comments that there would be less droughts under Labor. These people aren't the full quid.
    Well, ya know, when you have convinced yourself you are god, or the equivalent, anything is possible.

I read he wants to stay on in the labour party but many in the party want him out.
    $100 bucks says if he does go, it will be " For family reasons" . The great political excuse for shit runts not to admit the real reason, they got the arse.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

irritant (24-05-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,147 Times in 1,058 Posts

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reschs For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (24-05-19),lsemmens (24-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reschs View Post
    As they say in the classics, " That's Gold!"

Comments are on the mark too although I think a few of the green lefties missed the humour.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Priceless!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks

"Tony Abbott took one for the team." He sure did. His pension will cost us $300K a year but it's worth it. The collective IQ of all sides of politics will be higher without him - as well as the country overall.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,964 Times in 9,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PZ. View Post
    "Tony Abbott took one for the team." He sure did. His pension will cost us $300K a year but it's worth it. The collective IQ of all sides of politics will be higher without him - as well as the country overall.
    Don't think so. The collective IQ of politics drops by a Rhodes Scholar and gains a GetUp sponsored bimbo. PLUS, he's no longer around to hassle the coalition with as much effect if he chooses to do so.

His pension is the same as ANY parliamentary pension. Rudd probably gets the same....pity, but there it is.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

DB44 (25-05-19)

Thanks

LOL! The new candidate for Warringah...

"completed a BA in communications and media studies from Griffith University and then studied law. She was admitted as a solicitor while working for her father's legal practice, Roper & Steggall, in Manly. She was then admitted to the NSW Bar as a barrister in 2008. Her principal areas of practice as a barrister have been family law, sports law, commercial law, real property law, local government and planning law, corporations and insolvency law, and equity. Steggall served as councillor to the NSW Bar Association and Chair of its Health, Sports and Recreation Committee from 2010 to 2013.[15]

Steggall is currently an Independent Non-Executive Director, Olympic Winter Institute of Australia; Director, Sport Australia Hall of Fame; Member of the Australian Sports Anti Doping Agency (ASADA) Anti Doping Rule Violation Panel. She was appointed as arbitrator of Court of Arbitration for Sport in January 2017. She was one of the 12 world-wide arbitrators appointed to Ad Hoc Tribunal of CAS for the Pyeongchang Winter Olympic Games"

Hardly what any reasonable person would call a bimbo. You claiming superiority ?

You don't need to be a Rhodes Scholar to continually thug your own Govt.
    Last edited by exited; 24-05-19 at 02:46 PM.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

LOL! The new candidate for Warringah...

"completed a BA in communications and media studies from Griffith University and then studied law. She was admitted as a solicitor while working for her father's legal practice, Roper & Steggall, in Manly. She was then admitted to the NSW Bar as a barrister in 2008. Her principal areas of practice as a barrister have been family law, sports law, commercial law, real property law, local government and planning law, corporations and insolvency law, and equity. Steggall served as councillor to the NSW Bar Association and Chair of its Health, Sports and Recreation Committee from 2010 to 2013.[15]

Steggall is currently an Independent Non-Executive Director, Olympic Winter Institute of Australia; Director, Sport Australia Hall of Fame; Member of the Australian Sports Anti Doping Agency (ASADA) Anti Doping Rule Violation Panel. She was appointed as arbitrator of Court of Arbitration for Sport in January 2017. She was one of the 12 world-wide arbitrators appointed to Ad Hoc Tribunal of CAS for the Pyeongchang Winter Olympic Games"

Hardly what any reasonable person would call a bimbo. You claiming superiority ?

You don't need to be a Rhodes Scholar to continually thug your own Govt.
    She was quite happy to engage in a vicious campaign sponsored by GetUp. Her chief advisor was a former director of GetUp. The lies and smears by her team in the electorate were staggering. She has since called for an end to such politicking, a hypocritical statement if ever there was one so she'll fit right in. IMO she and GetUp have actually done the Coalition a huge favour in the long term. Independent?

And no I don't claim ANY sort of superiority. Calling her a bimbo is mild compared to the names swung at Abbott, and I don't even like him.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

DB44 (27-05-19),eaglem (26-05-19)

Thanks

Why don't you like him enf ?

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Why don't you like him enf ?
    Because he's a crusader who considers his ideas and beliefs absolute. There was never any give with him, making him inflexible.

If ever there was a need for flexibilty and reasonable compromise its now IMO. The extreme and all in views of the ALP helped wreck their election campaign. This has happened under the coalition as well when under the leadership of Abbott. The only leader they had recently who I thought was worse was Turnbull FFS. His character flaws were laid bare for all to see when he was deposed, just like Rudds were.

I quite like Albanese, but he will have trouble being convincing if his personal policy beliefs are curtailed by caucus.

Interesting times.

eaglem (26-05-19),exited (24-05-19)

LSemmens
    Thanks

Came across by Mark Latham, of all people. It's actually quite intelligent.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (24-05-19),alpha0ne (24-05-19),enf (24-05-19)

Thanks

After many years of not visiting this site looks like not much has changed apart from less visitation.

A hang out for alt-right tech heads.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tappet View Post
    After many years of not visiting this site looks like not much has changed apart from less visitation.

A hang out for alt-right tech heads.

Wow! ...good to see you too.

And judging by this enlightening post, your insights, acumen and ascerbic wit have been sorely missed.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (26-05-19),alpha0ne (26-05-19),DB44 (27-05-19)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,193 Times in 1,905 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Wow! ...good to see you too.

And judging by this enlightening post, your insights, acumen and ascerbic wit have been sorely missed.
    Who?
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

• The Following User Says Thank You to Al Bundy For This Useful Post:

DB44 (27-05-19)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Following on from the bombardment of hearing/seeing Clive Palmer on every medium pushing his agenda.

Money he could have used to support the workers he ripped off.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (26-05-19),enf (26-05-19),lsemmens (26-05-19),Tiny (26-05-19)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
    Who?
    I dunno Al. Probably a leftie loonie who wet his nappy on Sunday and hasn't had it changed and came here for some technical instruction.

I love people like this, he couldn't help himself, he had to come and look. Then threw a little tanty.

Al Bundy (26-05-19),DB44 (27-05-19)

Thanks

Someone in the Ikea marketing dept. Sure wasn't dragging the chain! Earning their money a whole lot better tan all the commentators and advisors in both political camps. ... and a lot better than Clives Campaign director.

They must have had that sign at the printers on Monday morning after the election to have it on a billboard that fast!

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (26-05-19)

LSemmens
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    Someone in the Ikea marketing dept. Sure wasn't dragging the chain! Earning their money a whole lot better tan all the commentators and advisors in both political camps. ... and a lot better than Clives Campaign director.

They must have had that sign at the printers on Monday morning after the election to have it on a billboard that fast!
    Agreed entirely! That bloke marketing for IKEA should ask for a raise!

• Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast