Thread: Lpg Problem 4.8 Nissan Patrol Perth w.a.

Thanks

Default Lpg Problem 4.8 Nissan Patrol Perth w.a.

Have owned my 4.8 for 3 years and have had the gas tank recertified last year as it was due.
    In 2016 had a new temperature sensor put in as it wouldn't run on gas.
    Same repairer.
    Next chapter.. car had been using coolant up to 1 litre a week . So booked it in to same repairer and get told it needs a new converter
    I told him to replace it so he did with a Amr lpg sequential injection converter.
    Now after driving around the gas guage beeps and changed over to fuel.
    To get it to stop beeping I run it on fuel or pull over and turn car off and restart it to get it back to run on gas. I have taken it back to repairer a d the doesn't know what is going on as the beeping never happens when he has it. The repairer has complained to me that I'm costing him money. He then told me he would put the old converter back in and I can take it to another repairer. I'm running out of time as I'm going on holidays and want to drive my car 1400ks North of Perth Western Australia. Any ideas or directions please please

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

I'll give you the same advice I gave you in the 10 year old thread I've now closed.

"if I was in your place... I would have given up on that repairer a long time ago.

Probably best to cut your losses and take your vehicle to a reputable repairer to have all the issues sorted."

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

Sonyapatrol4.8 (12-04-19)

Thanks

Yes that is the feeling I get Unfortunately there aren't many decent repaiers here is Perth.

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

perhaps you arent telling us the total story what have you missed out ???? the hint of a coolant problem suggest to me to a head gasket leak ---1 litre a week is too much ----- and has been there for a long time according to your posts yet this area has not been investigated , if you are going up to the pilbara area in this vehicle i would ask you to think again as you will end up dead on the side of the road simply by not finding a decent repairer !!!!!! your choice !!!!!!!