Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Where are all the Vast Decoderws gone?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    0
    Reputation
    50

    Default Where are all the Vast Decoders gone?

    Our Humax vast decoder is starting to act up. Looking to purchase a new box but where are they. It seems only the UEC are still available to purchase.

    Can't find anyone with either a Humax or Satking in stock. Well maybe one seller but because of past troubles with them have no interest in dealing with their service.

    Have Satking and Humax withdrawn from Vast or what.



Look Here ->
  • #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    65
    Reputation
    30

    Default

    I only bought the new satking twin tuner late last year. I see what you mean though, no stock available online. Geez...... just for my two bob, I found the Humax box (I had two) the best of all three brands.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • #3
    Premium Member
    hoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    -30.7719955,121.495211
    Age
    56
    Posts
    5,463
    Thanks
    225
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 1,507 Posts
    Rep Power
    1284
    Reputation
    47888

    Default

    try norsat in perth....

    Contact Information

    Telephone 08 9451 8300FAX 08 9350 6574Postal address 5 McDermott Street, Welshpool, WA 6106



    Finally got FTTN, 710m line length....

  • #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    0
    Reputation
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jules456 View Post
    I only bought the new satking twin tuner late last year. I see what you mean though, no stock available online. Geez...... just for my two bob, I found the Humax box (I had two) the best of all three brands.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That is why I wanted a new Humax, works well but mine seems to have suffered some sort of, Jesus, I don't know what. Each reboot is a bizarre mix of new problems,IE: locked in 720 resolution, front fascia does not light up, reboots every few minutes, has sound but no picture and so on. Many more strange things. But if the front fascia does not light up, at least the rest wont happen, so it is what we hope for.
    Wife is decided it is not wife friendly and wants replacement. Strange connection there, have found that what is not WF makes her very HUF (Husband UnFriendly).
    Why did they not allow us to buy a Vast card and whatever decoder we wanted.

  • #5
    Premium Member
    LeroyPatrol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    N.E. Vic
    Posts
    15,882
    Thanks
    3,305
    Thanked 4,422 Times in 2,663 Posts
    Rep Power
    1489
    Reputation
    40791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandweavel View Post
    That is why I wanted a new Humax, works well but mine seems to have suffered some sort of, Jesus, I don't know what. Each reboot is a bizarre mix of new problems,IE: locked in 720 resolution, front fascia does not light up, reboots every few minutes, has sound but no picture and so on. Many more strange things. But if the front fascia does not light up, at least the rest wont happen, so it is what we hope for.
    Wife is decided it is not wife friendly and wants replacement. Strange connection there, have found that what is not WF makes her very HUF (Husband UnFriendly).
    Why did they not allow us to buy a Vast card and whatever decoder we wanted.
    You can buy a card and cam and of course you'll need a box with a cam slot!

    Leroy

  • #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    S.E. Queensland
    Posts
    231
    Thanks
    89
    Thanked 138 Times in 68 Posts
    Rep Power
    198
    Reputation
    2300

    Default

    L.P from where and how much is the Card. I have a CAM (Irdeto) from Aurora days. Strong box has CAM module.

    Cheers Hos Here

  • #7
    Premium Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,144
    Thanks
    5,431
    Thanked 3,994 Times in 1,686 Posts
    Rep Power
    1207
    Reputation
    46201

    Default

    Kristal Electronics in Townsville should be able to help you.

  • The Following User Says Thank You to tristen For This Useful Post:

    hos here (15-04-19)

  • #8
    Premium Member
    LeroyPatrol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    N.E. Vic
    Posts
    15,882
    Thanks
    3,305
    Thanked 4,422 Times in 2,663 Posts
    Rep Power
    1489
    Reputation
    40791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hos here View Post
    L.P from where and how much is the Card. I have a CAM (Irdeto) from Aurora days. Strong box has CAM module.

    Cheers Hos Here
    the cards come paired to the cam

  • The Following User Says Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

    hos here (15-04-19)

  • #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    0
    Reputation
    50

    Default

    Have been informed by reseller that the Humax is now EOL and Humax have no intentions of revisiting it. The Satking will be back in stock in a few months. Damn!

  • #10
    Premium Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,144
    Thanks
    5,431
    Thanked 3,994 Times in 1,686 Posts
    Rep Power
    1207
    Reputation
    46201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandweavel View Post
    Have been informed by reseller that the Humax is now EOL and Humax have no intentions of revisiting it. The Satking will be back in stock in a few months. Damn!
    For a Humax receiver try Sciteq P/L in Western Australia .

    They're honest and reliable.

  • Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •