Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Asiasat 5 RAI Disappeared

Thanks

lnb type 5150

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wiilliiss View Post
    lnb type 5150
    Thanks Willis. Same result - audio only. Signal fixed at 91% and Quality 61%.

Thanks

Satellite: C_AsiaSat5 (100.5E) ...... OK
    Transponder: 3700/V/30000/3/4 ...... OK
    LNB Type: 10700 (changed accidentally?) ..... 5150 one only receiver. If more receivers 5750/5150 One Cable Solution.
    LNB Power: 13V/18V (as above!)....OK
    22KHz: Off (as above!)....OK
    DiSeqC1.0: None ....OK
    DiSeqC1.1: None ....OK
    Motor: DiseqC1.2 .... should be ok with the Edon positioner
    Scan mode: All Channels .... OK ... But if you only want the Free channels showing in the channels list is should be set to FTA.
    Start search: Blind Search... OK

Strength: 98% .... That is the gain from LNB meaning the LNB is probably OK
    Quality: 00%... when on the satellite transponder it would show 40% and higher.

Using the Edon you should move the dish a little either side and see if you get Quality.

Thanks

Thank you B52, will give it another go

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B52 View Post
    The FEC 3/4 on 3700 V is more forgiving than the 5/6 on 3840 H.. it need higher MER. In saying that it still comes in good on the 2.3m Dynasat dish.
    I have so many oldies in my area with old C-band dishes watching TVE and now it is breaking up on them when tuned to 3840 H because of the 5/6 FEC.
    Why has TVE flapped this over for people?

I am just putting them all on FlipTV.

FlipTV owe me a commission ;o)

Thanks

Still only AUDIO and a "no service" message. Is there any reputable technician in ADELAIDE who can help?

One has advised he'll install Foxtel because "the government has taken over frequencies" ...

Premium Member
    The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IAR View Post
    Still only AUDIO and a "no service" message. Is there any reputable technician in ADELAIDE who can help?

"the government has taken over frequencies" ...
    Hummmmm Interesting!! not the government but 5G possible has possibly that corrupts that frequencies range where you live. 3700 should be OK with fec at 3/4. You say "Signal fixed at 91% and Quality 61% that good enough for FEC at 3/4 and you get Audio because the Audio has a black screen so you possible cant see the screen breaking up on audio but yet the Video its not there or breaking up.
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 12-07-19 at 09:43 AM.
    Not responsible for any post written after the 28/10/2014. My pet hate, Corrupt Politicians, Corrupt Legal System + a legal system Australia wide that does not allow you to sue a Solicitor or Barrister for Professional Negligence (as Stated by the Law Society and prominent Lawyers) and Corrupt Cops. Not necessarily in this order. Please Note Lawyers are PROTECTED SPECIES IN THIS COUNTRY, PROTECTED FROM THEIR F..K UPS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IAR View Post

One has advised he'll install Foxtel because "the government has taken over frequencies" ...
    Likewise very odd?

I assume you are getting video ok on other services on AS5?
    RAI is using MPEG4 and as you have only just lost the service I assume your receiver is comparable.

Low signal will not give you audio only and no Video. It sounds like a receiver issue or the video output format has been changed on the receiver.

If RAI is the only service watched on this box I would suggest you do a factory reset and reload RAI. Make a note of all the presets before doing this. Or attempt a rescan of the 3700V service first as it looks like the VID PID setting has changed. Thr rescan may fix it.

Ive ONLY ever seen the above video issue when a non MPEG4 receiver tries to decode MPEG 4 signal. It can not process or there has been a suttle change in the PIDs.

Can you confirm the exact make and model of the receiver please.
    Last edited by cmoore; 16-07-19 at 06:06 PM.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12