I just purchased the first season to Game of Thrones.

The 'play all' function does not play all episodes on all disks.

Initially I managed to watch all episodes by selecting them individually from the main menu but on another play through I cannot even access the disk main menu to select anything.

I have a Samsung Blu-ray player which is only 3-6 months old.
Even though it can play all regions I always make sure I only buy Australian (local region 4) disks.

I have not had this issue with any other disks - I have always been able to select the main menu so that I can either choose an episode to play or select 'play all'. Even after a reset of the player it still retains the memory of where it was up to and won't allow me to access the main menu. It does not seem to do this with all of the disks in the set.

A couple of questions:
  1. Is the disk faulty or is the issue with my blue-ray player?
  2. How can I erase the memory on my player so that it starts at the beginning and not where it left off?

And for those of you who might suggest I go for live streaming or something similar - I do not like paying a monthly fee for a digital file that I will never own especially when the cost of digital downloads are as expensive as the physical disk. I much prefer to watch my movies and tv episodes from a physical disk on my tv. This also frees up my computer for other things while the disk is playing on my tv in the background. And, finally I don't always have or need internet access.