Thread: My silly fridge

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

Yeah I would like to see that CO2 recovery setup in action too

Quote Originally Posted by HILLVIEW103 View Post
    Heres a tip, if you ever have to regas your frige it has a leak so dump it
    Leak... what leak?
    Silly to throw away a $2000(replacement cost) ice-maker fridge if it has such as slow leak that you just top up with 10-20g of Jaycar air duster spray every 3 years.
    The bullet valve from Ebay I use is probably 8 years in use and no problems. So next top up would be next year, running perfectly ATM. Bit like servicing a car LOL. Always got it on the kWh meter and if I see the average going up I take a closer look and a good opportunity to remind me of cleaning out the dust build up in the condensor.
    When you have your stuff running in the night on off-grid battery you become a lot more aware of these things.

...and apparently you are allowed to spray air duster in the ...errr... air!
    Their freeze spray has the same R-134a but you have to hold it right side up. The accessible region of the pipe on the low pressure side is right down near the floor, so air duster a bit upside down works better for me.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 12-08-19 at 07:36 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (13-08-19),humax300 (15-08-19),loopyloo (12-08-19),tristen (13-08-19)