Thread: Exabyte Tape Backup

Thanks

Default Exabyte Tape Backup

Hi Guys, I have an Exabyte 8200 tape backup that I want to connect to the pc. I have a heap of tapes (pc and amiga) that I want to try to extract.
    I've managed to connect a scsi card, and that seems to be working. But I can;t find a driver for the 8200.
    Any ideas ?

Cheers.
    When I was a kid, I used to have an imaginary friend. I thought he went everywhere with me. I could talk to him and he could hear me, and he could grant me wishes and stuff too. But then I grew up, and stopped going to church.

Look Here ->

Thanks

Geez, that takes me back.

In those days, we were using DOS, so you’ll need SCSI drivers for DOS and then whatever tape backup program was used to write to the tape. There wasn’t much compatibility between different tape programs back then. Often the tape drive manufacturer supplied a basic app with the drive. For a small business, it’s likely that they would have used that and not Arcserve or Backup Exec or any of the other enterprise grade tape backup programs.

• The Following User Says Thank You to shred For This Useful Post:

Mods (03-05-19)

Thanks

Yea, I only ever used it on an amiga, so I might hook it up to the A3000 that I still have. If it works, it should still be all set up

My mate actually used it on the PC, and gave me all his tapes at some stage. I might contact him (it;s been a while) and see if he remembers what he used. i have the name Quarterback (but I think that is the amiga program), and Colorado (which I know is a tape brand - but I think he used that program).

Cheers.
    When I was a kid, I used to have an imaginary friend. I thought he went everywhere with me. I could talk to him and he could hear me, and he could grant me wishes and stuff too. But then I grew up, and stopped going to church.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Are any of the drivers returned by a search using suitable?

• The Following User Says Thank You to tristen For This Useful Post:

Mods (03-05-19)

Thanks

Maybe I'll give them a try later tonight.

Cheers for that !!!

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Silly question. Are you actually looking to back something up, or are you just playing?
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks

I'm looking to get stuff off the tapes that I have.
    I have about 10 or so old PC tapes with programs around the 92-95 era.
    I also have about 20 tapes full of Amiga programs (same era). The amiga tapes have about 15 'chunks' of about 100meg - so about 1.5 gig per tape.
    I was hoping to do it on the pc as it would have been easier to then write it out to dvd's (or whatever) - but with problems trying to get the pc to recognise it I have fired up the old A3000 and will connect it to that.
    I now have the problem of connecting a scsi drive with enough storage, and a cd burner to the amiga.

Cheers.