Thread: GSM Intercom

Thanks

Default GSM Intercom

Hi guys

I'm just after some feedback regarding GSM intercoms. I have a client who requires one, due to the location of his house to his perimeter.

Basically he wants the gate station to ring his, and his partners, mobile phone. He then wants the ability to open his front gate from his mobile phone. I know there are many models out there. Is there a model that people have been happy with?

Cheers

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by securityalarmguy64 View Post
    Hi guys

I'm just after some feedback regarding GSM intercoms. I have a client who requires one, due to the location of his house to his perimeter.

Basically he wants the gate station to ring his, and his partners, mobile phone. He then wants the ability to open his front gate from his mobile phone. I know there are many models out there. Is there a model that people have been happy with?

Cheers

I've done this a few times

Use an IP intercom system with a wireless IP link from gate to house, all they require is internet at the house and power at the gate, the ubitquiti links work a great distance and are a point to point access point, the contacts to open the gate are in the intercom door station and wire direct to the motor itself.

i recommend Dahua as the brand as they can link into the same app as cctv if they wish to get that installed at later date.

Thanks

Thanks, but its a Dahua Ip intercom that I'll be ripping out as the client isnt happy with it. It's the app that the client was really interested in and there is too much lag time between the person pressing the intercom button and the push notification appearing on their phone.

Tech help have tried to tell me its their internet, which is their default answer. This particular client has Fibre to the house, which he paid for as they dont have fibre in the street at present. He then has fibre from the house to the front garden, where i have a switch powering IP cameras and the intercom. He has a super fast local network and internet speed is commercial grade. I imagine the lag is from Dahua's DNNS servers

Cheers

• The Following User Says Thank You to securityalarmguy64 For This Useful Post:

MCman (14-05-19)

Thanks

Ness do some GSM intercoms. They are pricey! $$$$

I haven't used them.

Thanks

Get a static IP address and port forward the NVR - should work a lot faster when it doesn't have to route via China

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by secure View Post
    Ness do some GSM intercoms. They are pricey! $$$$

I haven't used them.
    Yes they work well, made in UK and premium units so not cheap like the chinese stuff. Have to say the Hik stuff seems to work well too via IP

Thanks

Have ordered one of the Ness UK models so will see how they go. Client wants another two so will test this one first

Thanks

Let us know what you think and how you go with it.