Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zero Point Energy

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Actually, the world was going to end in the 80s, IIRC, then 2000......
    Yeah, there have been a LOT of occasions.
    I seem to remember a big one a lot of people believed in the last year or 2. Can't remember what it was about, just more crackpots rabble rousing.
    Wonder what they say after they have made idiots of themselves to all their friends? Must be embarrassing when life goes on and nothing changes.

What stuns me with the Globull warming thing is how many places I look and people being these so called believers and politicians are now talking about the end of the world in as little as 10-20 years. There is nothing I have seen in the science they follow to suggest that by their own proponents. It's just the ever increasing noise and tantrum throwing to attract attention to the green religion when they see not enough people are panicking and falling for the same crap.

I wonder how long it will take for this charade to run it's course? Like any social hysteria, sooner rather than later people will get bored with it, start really questioning it and when all the predictions fail to materialise and the " Science" is shot down in smoking flames, they will see it for what it is.
    Already in many parts of the world the leftists and green Koolaide Drinkers are being thrown out on their arses in national elections. I suspect Britain well be the next place to elect a right wing gubbermint and that will be another nail in the green hysteria coffin. The french just threw out their green lunatic leader.

The ultimate key to the longevity of the globull warming ideal will precisely how long it remains profitable for Big biz and their Puppet Gubbermints.
    Once the profits fall off and people loose interest and supports wains, it will be dropped like a hot potato and the whole thing will be seen as a joke.
    People will then start pointing out the glaring and obvious flaws and asking how in the hell could people be so Gullible to fall for it all when it was such a load of rubbish.

No doubt like bad fashion and pop music, what everyone was once right into and championed, years later they will deny having ever liked it and say they were against it the whole time. It will go from a hysteria to not being able to find a single person to admit believing in it. Some no doubt will stick to their delusions and others will make all sorts of garbage excuses to justify that it wasn't their fault they weren't suckered in by it.

I'm always reminded by the claims of " science" how not all that long ago " Scientists" bought and paid for just like they are now, also claimed Cigarettes weren't bad for you. Before that they claimed that travelling beyond the speed of sound would kill a person, lead in paint and petrol wasn't a problem and so the list goes on. There is loads of evidence to debunk the " science " that is touted now but as we have seen endlessly and demonstrated right here, the brainwashed only allow one way of thinking and won't accept anything else that does not agree with the the story they so desperately want to believe in. Of course all the evidence points one way when that's the only evidence you will acknowledge and claim everything else is wrong and inadmissible which is the precise tactic the green washed use.

If people stopped distracting others with all this globull warming BS and put some effort into doing something real that is an immediate threat to the planet like all the plastic in the oceans, they would be doing something very worth while. going on with crap like the globull warming fantasy is just distracting attention from REAL problems which should be looked at.

But I wonder if that is not the REAL reason the whole green religion is not pushed down our throats so hard in the first place?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nomeat View Post
    At some stage I hope to reveal my latest top secret hobby project. In reality it is no big deal, but the robotic part might take years to perfect.
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Will be a bit bigger, you can sit in it if you like but by far not as elegant as Boston Dynamics(actually very ugly, function over form here) but still fairly agile and relatively powerful ...I hope.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 30-05-19 at 11:13 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    The Irony is incredible in this one.... and all those like him.

You couldn't make this more incredulous, hypocritical and a bigger face palm if one tried!
    See the problem is George, you're not different from the Green Alarmist Hippies. You're the same and you can't see it.
    You think and act the same. The only difference is your political polarity.

Lets just take my personal view on the subject. You've thrown all the mud you can at me and you forgot that I don't believe in climate change anymore than you do. Take a step back and look at yourself. You're not interested in the truth, you're just interested in what you think should be true.
    You're a conspiracy theorist. Everything you believe depends on conspiracy. You're not a climate skeptic, you're a climate denier. Nothing will ever change your mind. When you cannot change your mind, you're not doing science. You're doing religion.

Only when you can admit to yourself that the feral alarmist green hippies are right, only then will you be able to even begin to understand how science works.
    Until then, you'll be stuck down the conspiracy rabbit hole. I think you'll never get out and you'll die down there believing to the bitter end that you're right and the universe is wrong.

The only person lying to you, is you. Only when you can realise this, then will you be able to realise who else is lying to you.
    Until then, the lie you tell yourself is that everybody else but you is lying.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nomeat View Post
    Will be a bit bigger, you can sit in it if you like but by far not as elegant as Boston Dynamics but still fairly agile and relatively powerful ...I hope.
    When skynet becomes self aware, it's going to kill you with your own creation.

The first warning of the AI apocalypse will be when Dexter stabds Greg Evens to death with a pencil.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks

I think George if you would waste less time being upset over others you would be a happier person and with a more positive attitude good things might happen.
    I get upset over a lot of shyte too, but it doesn't last long because I have so much other crap in my head and in my shed, that I just get over it and forget what bothered me and move on.
    I can't solve problems of the world but I can control my close surroundings and try to make the best of it.
    I am an unsocial egoist, prepper, selfs sustainable nutter with autism and chose only a VERY close circle of people who I trust and don't really give a damn about the rest.
    That is how I survive all the shit and stay happy.
    It also makes me happy when I can help somebody who really needs my help and NOT my money.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (31-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trash View Post
    When skynet becomes self aware, it's going to kill you with your own creation.

The first warning of the AI apocalypse will be when Dexter stabds Greg Evens to death with a pencil.
    My creation will protect me, it has attachments that could get rather nasty when they are diverted from their actual more peaceful purpose and no Wifi/wireless/network shyte.
    I am too dumb for that anyhow. Anything beyond a COM port goes over my head, so that should save me and the 16F1937 I am using doesn't have USB.
    My son, who is currently doing his honours in IT is working on object/subject recognition, which AIs still have a lot of problems with and when he nuts that out I will implement it so it will always 100% recognise me as it's friend and not foe.
    It won't be fast(unless I modify it against the actual principle) so you can run but you can't hide
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 31-05-19 at 12:18 AM.

hinekadon (31-05-19)

Thanks

Have you seen terminator movies?
    Skynet will get into your 1960's toaster.

A prepper ... well that's an interesting one. The world isn't going to end, but suspecting it too and doing something feels right in some indescribable way.
    I don't watch prepper shows, but examples that I seen... those people are going to die too just like everybody else, they're just going to die slower

• The Following User Says Thank You to trash For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (31-05-19)

Thanks

Not a prepper in the classic way, just when things go belly up with economy, Chinese taking over the world, etc.
    Nobody can survive a nuked world but I have a hide out to get away from desperate people.

hinekadon (31-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hinekadon View Post
    AWWWW gee trash you just destroyed my youth , I use to watch My favorite martion when I was a kid now the memory has died !!!!!!!! boo hoo

Like I said, this technology has been around for a while. The powers that be cannot stop the disclosure movement so they are now being forced into admitting their know tecnologies. Of course they'll say it's just been discovered. Read this. There will be more and more of this info being released.

The US Navy has been granted a patent for an advanced aircraft which resembles a flying saucer UFO. Military inventors filed plans for a highly unusual flying machine which uses an ‘inertial mass reduction device’ to travel at ‘extreme speeds’. What that means is that the aircraft uses complex technology to reduce its mass and thereby lessen inertia (an object’s resistance to motion) so it can zoom along at high velocities. The patent is highly complex and describes methods of reducing the mass of an aircraft using various techniques including the generation of gravity waves, which were first detected in 2016 after being produced when two black holes collided. These drawings were filed as part of the patent and show a craft which looks a lot like a UFO (Photo: Salvatore Cezar Pais/ Google) ‘It is possible to reduce the inertial mass and hence the gravitational mass, of a system/object in motion, by an abrupt perturbation of the non-linear background of local spacetime,’ the patent says. The craft described in the patent features a cavity wall filled with gas, which is then made to vibrate using powerful electromagnetic waves. This then creates a vacuum around the craft, allowing it to propel itself at high speeds. The UFO-style ship can be used in water, air or even space. ‘It is possible to envision a hybrid aerospace/undersea craft (HAUC), which due to the physical mechanisms enabled with the inertial mass reduction device, can function as a submersible craft capable of extreme underwater speeds… and enhanced stealth capabilities,’ the patent continues. ‘This hybrid craft would move with great ease through the air/space/water mediums, by being enclosed in a vacuum plasma bubble/sheath.’ Although the US Navy applied for the patent in 2016 and it was granted last year, it doesn’t necessarily mean the craft has been built and tested. However, the technology is further evidence of the military’s interest in developing ‘exotic’ technologies. U.S. DoD video of F/A-18 Super Hornet and an unknown object. Play Video Loaded: 0% 0:00Progress: 0% PlayMute Current Time 0:00 / Duration Time 0:33 Fullscreen

Read more:
    Twitter: | Facebook:

Y

• The Following User Says Thank You to securityalarmguy64 For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (31-05-19)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

This could go in the youtube thread, but, given your potential projects nomeat what about developing one of It's a scary concept.
    Not sure id any of you saw the link in this comment. Here it is in it's full glory
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

Uncle Fester (31-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by securityalarmguy64 View Post
    Like I said, this technology has been around for a while. The powers that be cannot stop the disclosure movement so they are now being forced into admitting their know tecnologies. Of course they'll say it's just been discovered. Read this. There will be more and more of this info being released.
    Have you noticed that UFO's have been around for about 60 years now and "the technology" hasn't changed.
    The technology on Star Trek changes faster.

The disclosure movement. Oh that's a good one. They don't disclose anything. You could call it the "make shit up" movement. That would be more accurate.
    I like UFO's, I want them to be true. I also want Jeri Ryan to give me a lap dance. Even though the odds are better on that, we know it's never going to be true either.

In general, the believe in UFO'sis pretty harmless. It provides a bit of a sense of community and like religion it tries to explain away some of the gripes with life with fictional stories. The more you start to believe those stories literally, the more dangerous the delusion can become.
    Next thing you know you're playing MLM as a Raelian Bishop.

Thanks

Last edited by Uncle Fester; 31-05-19 at 11:19 PM.

Thanks

Not sure id any of you saw the link in this comment. Here it is in it's full glory
    Is that a Black Mirror Episode I missed? Although they had something similar with bees.

Trash's Skynet is SciFi but that is already reality and much scarier.

Even off the shelf drones could do this... after an "UPDATE"

hinekadon (01-06-19)

Thanks

The robotic bees .... yeah. I stopped watching The Twilight zone because it was boring and directionless. The old TZ was disturbing and usually had a moral to the story even if it was a dystopian moral. The new TZ has no soul. Viewers should be terrified to turn on their TV.

New season of black mirror about to start. I'm already disturbed by that thought. (I was disturbed without that thought, but that's a psychiatric issue).
    Bees, virtual clones, Metalhead, monkey wants a hug, black museum.

I can think of some pretty evil shit, but that series gives me inspiration.

Weaponised drones. You have absolutely no chance of stopping them being deployed.
    There are so many ways to implement them and really, it's not much different from a gun or a rocket.
    It gives a bit more reach and anonymity to the attack and a little more diversity to the attack, but there isn't anything really new here.

Thankfully the level of injury that can be inflicted with an aircraft isn't like black mirror's bees.
    But that concept is an excellent reference for the thought experiment. Weaponising a drone with nothing but the drone itself.
    The simple version is to take a small racing drone and fly it at a person so fast that it kills them.
    Now I've seen some pretty fast racing drones and getting hit by one would hurt, maybe cause a serious injury but I cannot imagine it killing anybody.
    So what would that take? You might be able to fly something sharp like a knife. While sounds scary, it still has a lot of limitations.
    You can go with a bigger aircraft, but then it's somewhat slower and easier to spot and avoid and more expensive to build and harder to deploy.

Several small drones attacking the one specific target like an ordinary person. It might look rather savage as Valdimir Putin is attacked by 20 small drones carrying razor blades.
    As each one is knocked down it recovers and comes back for another go. And even such a savage coordinated and targeted attack is unlikely to be lethal.
    Depending on who it the attack is against, it might actually be funny. Replace the razors with marking pens.

Skynet is going to go all Mr Squiggle on yo arse !

hinekadon (01-06-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trash View Post
    Thankfully the level of injury that can be inflicted with an aircraft isn't like black mirror's bees.
    You might have missed the bit with the 3g of C4 that explodes on impact with your skull.

Fasttech have gesture control 'follow me' drones for little over $40:

A 'few' lines of code and turn it into crash into that face your HD cam recognises with a small payload.
    Luckily there are only few who can probably do that and while the true evil genius is a pacifist, more a 'make love not war' type of person, our evil governments and the NRA think totally differently if they can get their nasty hands on this, mass produced.

Yes Black mirror is inspirational.
    Disturbing? There were a few surprising twists, others were obvious but I was already aware of some similarities that I might have seen in other shows/movies or imagined before.
    This show mainly puts it all in a better perspective.

Some episodes gave me a lot of mind clutter in the nights after watching but mainly about what could be done in the near future and what not and what to look out for and what can I do about it.
    Kind of like I am in it.
    Lets say I can identify myself in this show better than other SciFi shows, where I am a more passive viewer.
    SciFi TV shows have improved dramatically over the years while movies are going down the drain, often lacking story and have become just a CGI overload.

Season 5 will only be three episodes sadly.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 01-06-19 at 11:53 PM.

hinekadon (02-06-19)

Thanks

C4 on a drone. It's a rather elaborate plan when you consider that a bullet from a rifle does the same job or a grenade or mortar etc.
    It's just another conventional weapon and not a particular devastating or effective one.
    Think of it on the up-scale. The Kamikaze without a pilot. The suicide bomber without the suicide. The bigger and more effective the payload, the harder it is to deploy and avoid destruction and lost effort and cost.

I was trying to think about how to make a small drone more devastating. Minimise the weaponary and preferably make it instantly re-deployable.
    Good old black mirror gave me all the inspiration. Skynet is going to be pleased with this one.

So we can take your standard small drone and put a solar panel on it. That pretty much gives it an indefinite life span. It can land in a safe place like a roof top and shut down and recharge in the sun. When it's good to go, it can then fly somewhere, land and wait in sleep mode for a target to pass. (like metalhead).
    Like an angry hortnet, it can wake up, identify it's target and strike.
    This is the fun part. Ordinary weapons like a gun need to reload and they are limited by ammo. An explosive is one time use. It destroys the drone, not that they are expensive, but for such attacks, the target needs to be more specific. The target needs to be high value, or the weapon needs to be cheaper and smaller.
    Such a low tech weapon exists and is deployable. A needle with a small reservoir of cone shell venom or poison arrow frog venom. It's quick and deadly.
    You drone just need to prick the target and then fly away and wait for another target.
    It's easy to defend against such a low impact attack, but you can imagine a large number of them deployed on a civilian population. Their effect would be like cluster bombs.
    Ned from Southpark: "Mmrrrrr ... We're thinning out the numbers"

---

The problem with CGI isn't that it's CGI, it's when it is not believable. And we're getting harder to fool.
    Some of the good examples are Avatar. There was a lot of effort put into the CGI and the movie is basically all CGI. While it's obvious, it is so immersive that any noise is quickly ignored.
    Another good example of CGI was the movie Babe. A talking pig... that's easy CGI and while it was not particularly good CGI itself, it didn't matter. Talking pigs are not common so simple CGI was all that was required. Where they focused their CGI talent was on the dogs. Since people are intimately familiar with dogs, it was very difficult to get a talking dog to be believable.

The bad examples ... Star Wars. After the amazing skills with the original movie and then George added the worst examples of CGI in later to fill in the story that he couldn't film.
    yuck. Bit of a shame Mr Lucas cops a bit of shit for such good work. I think he raised that bar so high not even he can get over it anymore.

It was pheggie's 3D render of the new Terminator that caught my attention. I really like his work and it's funny how it actually outs the CGI of the film.
    All the real footage of real people and objects really stands out. But what got my attention was what didn't render well in 3D. Some of the CGI looks flat. It has a 3D position but it relies heavily on the human ignoring the quantisation noise to accept it as real, which is easily done. Such CGI is often high action so the brain is kept busy processing the action and the story to worry about trivial visual errors in the depth of field.

hinekadon (04-06-19)

Thanks

some inside info for you. The world will release some info soon about an amazing "new discovery" in Antartica. (This is actually old news) Due to global warming "things" are going to be seen which were hidden before. It will be dumbed down considerably. With this discovery will slowly unveil new technologies that they will be trickling out to the masses. You will see changes in medicine, you will see new finding in science (again,not new). Anti gravity devices (anti mass they are calling them) will be shown to be a "new finding", they will start to acknowledge the existence of UFO (although they've discredited the name so will now call them something else). Within a year. Not expecting you disbelievers to change your fixed views based on the present known. It will be so "in your face" soon that believe it or not, you will see it "without" knowing the physics (currently) of things and how they work.
    Just saying

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

thats strange ???? I just went outside and looked over the edge of the flat earth but there was no change mind you I didnt walk around the rim so there may have been something out of sight just saying

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Let me guess, under all that ice and snow is

v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    wait for it
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    more ice and snow!

Don't thank me.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast