Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Climate Change - The "Experts" say $4Trillion cost to Australia

Thanks
    Thanked 1,661 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allover View Post
    I still say what if you are not as smart as you think you are and you are wrong, the world turns to shit, what are you going to do, reverse engineer every thing. Boy i would like to be as confident as some on this site
    Not arguing that the world may be naturally heating but why would you assist it to heat etc
    Just find that a totally selfish attitude with no regards to others
    100% agreed.

Referred to in more experienced and informed circles as the"Precautionary Principle".

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    I really find these one sided reports hard to swallow, but anyway... These are experts!
    Telling us what is going to happen in the year 2100.

A more digestible brief is here:
    "It is difficult to make predictions, especially about the future." - Source indeterminant.

A bloke called Galileo tried it once.....got much the same response and treatment as is meted out to our climate scientists these days (in some quarters, that is).

"plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose"

Thanks

In my mind climate change is one of the greatest cons ever perpetuated upon the sheeple
    1/ Look at the accuracy (NOT) of all of the climate change gurus predictions
    2/ Look at history, not just the last 5 - 10 years, the earths climate is constantly in change..... ask yourself, why is Greenland called Greenland?
    3/ As my not very learned, but very very smart father says........ Follow the money & then try to see who is hiding behind the curtain

Is the climate changing, yes of course it is, natural cycles, remember
    Do we have any real impact with or CO2 emissions, no look at how much is put out by the average volcano when it lets off a head of steam
    Why do these climate alarmists all fly everywhere & buy houses by the beach, if the sea is rising etc

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to madtech For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (13-05-19),eaglem (13-05-19),george65 (12-05-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allover View Post
    I still say what if you are not as smart as you think you are and you are wrong,
    And what if the Globull warming scientists are Wrong?
    You will Really fk the future for the next generations. The economy will be stuffed, power supplies WILL be unreliable for at least 10 years, living expenses will go though the roof and to get back to square 1 WILL take Decades, at least. Those countries that are doing nothing will get further ahead and make it harder for Oz and any other country on the green band wagon to compete. Jobs will be lost on an epic scale, the future generations will never own their own home and Oz will be more owned by overseas interests than local ones, if it's not already.

Think of the implications if the globull warming scam is just that and stop the one track thinking that it is the only thing in the world that is infallible beace ists a very long way from that no matter what people have been brainwashed to believe.
    The greenwashed NEVER give any possibility to that.
    Like with the moronic " The science is settled" Load of horse shit when they have yet to get a damn prediction right so far and it's all just far off guestimates.
    As I used to say in the beginning, It's Y2K with 10 years thought put into getting the scame right this time. And boy didn't they what as far as suckering in most of the world with this rubbish.

And this crap about Children and grandchildren... the throw away, want it all now, was 2 Pieces of clothing at a time and put them in the dryer before we put our arse in an airplane and go on our 3rd overseas trip this year before replacing our 3 yo car because the tyres are worn out generation?

As for all these scientists and organisations..... Where is there more money right now? In supporting all this green washing with gubbermints around the world handing out millions for every pathetic and ridiculous idea labelled green or going against the flow and missing out on all the millions and the one track Minded " scientific" community cashing in on it.

At VERY best, Globull warming has as much chance of being a fallacy as those who don't belive in it might be wrong. At BEST.
    There are endless examples of numbers being skewed, predictions being wrong and pure out and out lies trying to push the green washing.

In any case, MANY of these green initiatives in the big and realistic picture actually cause more environmental Damage and create more emissions and use more resources than the traditional way of doing things.

What the green movement is REALLY about is MONEY.
    Nothing more, nothing less.

If you really wanted to save the environment there would be 10 things that could be done tomorrow with no cost, no problem to implement and WOULD save emissions, resources and every other lofty goal. They are never discussed because there is no money in them for big biz, gubbermints and green organisations. The ONLY things you hear about always have huge price tags attached. And the little guy is always belittled and put on guilt trips when the real causes and solutions are way beyond his control or wishes.

Even if it is real, it's still a crock of shit because it is nothing more than an noble causes bastardised for profit.
    And that's as good as it does and will ever get.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thala Dan View Post
    "It is difficult to make predictions, especially about the future." - Source indeterminant.

A bloke called Galileo tried it once.....got much the same response and treatment as is meted out to our climate scientists these days (in some quarters, that is).

"plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose"
    I have No Issues with accepting Climate Change, that has been proven as fact.

It is the financial impact i finding interesting
    It seems they haven't taken into account emerging markets and farming areas because of climate change
    Just the impact on existing ones

Another interesting article

If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

Thala Dan (13-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    I have No Issues with accepting Climate Change, that has been proven as fact.

It is the financial impact i finding interesting
    It seems they haven't taken into account emerging markets and farming areas because of climate change
    Just the impact on existing ones

Another interesting article

Thanks OB........I'll have a read of that one.

Still making my way through the document in your original post.

Very difficult to have a rational discussion on this subject.......unfortunately many people spend more time looking for Reds under the bed than they spend dispassionately analysing the available data and projections.

I would never expect everyone to agree on an issue like this but, given what is at stake if we stuff it up, it would be far more productive if the discussion was free of hyperventilating and conspiracy theories.

Apart from making rational discussion almost impossible, this chest-beating invokes equally ridiculous knee-jerk reactions from both sides of the argument, such as:

Climate Change Triggers Hysteria As Ireland Declares A ‘Climate Emergency’

Ireland has declared a climate emergency, with Climate Action Minister Richard Bruton calling climate change the greatest challenge mankind is facing.

Unilateral actions like this probably aren't going to achieve very much, and the less said about the Vegans' reaction the better

This is an issue that the world can argue about for years to come, with claim and counter-claim and profuse name-calling featuring prominently.

Eventually all to no avail though........the planet will have the last word.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thala Dan For This Useful Post:

allover (14-05-19),hinekadon (13-05-19)

Thanks

Interesting article on some of the projected economic effects:

Climate data reveals Australias worst affected regions

The runaway insurance effect

Roughly 850,000 homes — nearly one in 10 — could be “uninsurable” within a few generations unless there are fundamental changes to where and how properties are built, a leading climate analyst says.

The warning comes as separate data, published by the Actuaries Institute, reveals the frequency of extreme weather in the country’s worst-affected regions has doubled compared to the long-term average.

Karl Sullivan, general manager of policy risk and disaster for the Insurance Council of Australia said the data will “help the underwriting side of the industry have a better, sharper discussion about what that future might look like.”

But the insurance industry is already on the brink of “dangerous market failure”, according to Karl Mallon, director of science and systems at climate analytics company Climate Risk.

“If the industry doesn’t step up, we’ll all pay — both as taxpayers picking up the bill for the recovery … or because of the impact on our communities and our economies,” says Dr Mallon.

“This is a cost that is avoidable and we shouldn’t be walking into this but we are. We absolutely are.”

Interesting little interactive tool about 2/3 way down:

The interactive tool (below) shows how the frequency of different weather extremes has changed for your region. It’s based on a chart like the one above.

The long-term average is represented by a black circle.

Each animated line represents a year. The further it stretches outside the circle, the more frequent the extremes that season. The deeper inside the circle, the less frequent the extremes.
    Ran it for my region (Southern Slopes Vic) and the plot closely represented what we've been seeing down here.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

This is quite an interesting article comparing some alarmist claims against the latest IPCC report.

• The Following User Says Thank You to DB44 For This Useful Post:

Thala Dan (14-05-19)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,050 Posts

This is an issue that the world can argue about for years to come, with claim and counter-claim and profuse name-calling featuring prominently.

Nope, think time is running out, apologise to my grand children :for they know not what they are doing:
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12