Thread: AFP drone jamming what a joke idiots

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,871 Times in 886 Posts

Default AFP drone jamming what a joke idiots

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pheggie For This Useful Post:

eaglem (13-05-19),ol' boy (13-05-19),Tiny (13-05-19)

Look Here ->

Thanks

Very necessary. We don't want drones flying around airports and shutting down flights do we ?

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

all this proves is that drone flying legistration doesnt work? so instead of complicating the position why not rewrite the legistration
    Last edited by hinekadon; 13-05-19 at 08:43 AM. Reason: spelling

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

I can't wait until these jammers are available for purchase online, every tourist and his dog wants to fly their supercharged mosquito on a nice day around here
    The beach areas are banned (apparently) but there are no signs
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,150 Times in 576 Posts

"There" instead of "Their"... seriously?

Are even (so-called) professional writers illiterate these days?!

Andrew

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bigfella237 For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (13-05-19),enf (13-05-19),gulliver (17-05-19),lsemmens (14-05-19),Tiny (13-05-19)

Banned

Thanks

Yep mighty fine but who,s to say they are using that band/s so we get a cop playing with a jammer trying every frequency possible sound like a great deal of commonsense has just grown wings and flown away , disaster waiting to happen !!!!so Is he responsible for the mayhem he creates or are we just going to say oops sorry thirty people have died as a result of a untrained dick playing with something he knows nothing about . No wait a minute lets just make it legal for the cops to do it and see how many do get killed by their wifi going down with interferrence after all they dont matter they are only the general public ????????

Thanks
    Thanked 1,661 Times in 724 Posts

This looks like a pretty good solution to me.

Kamikaze DroneBullet Knocks Enemy UAVs Out Of The Sky

CEO of AerialX Noam Kenig describes the DroneBullet as a “hybrid between a missile and a quadcopter.” It's basically a kamikaze drone which looks like a missile but has flight characteristics of a quadcopter.

The drone can reach speeds in excessive of 200 mph in a dive attack. It's designed to lock onto enemy drones with its camera and various neural net-based components, which allows it to knock the target out of the sky.

Sorry, OB, but I doubt that you'll be able to get one on eBay

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Thala Dan For This Useful Post:

enf (14-05-19),hinekadon (13-05-19),lsemmens (14-05-19),ol' boy (14-05-19)

Thanks

This does the same thing only much cheaper...

Andrew

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bigfella237 For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (15-05-19),enf (14-05-19),hinekadon (13-05-19),lsemmens (14-05-19),Thala Dan (14-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfella237 View Post
    This does the same thing only much cheaper...

Andrew
    Not only cheaper, but more fun to use, and far more versatile.........just ask any rabbit or duck.

Might fail the subtlety test though if used in an urban area

• The Following User Says Thank You to Thala Dan For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (14-05-19)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Bullets from a gun do not lock onto the target and stray bullets can kill people but I guess most of you don't give a f... about that, as long it is fun.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (14-05-19)

Banned

Thanks

you should only shoot things you are going to eat morally correct is the new pc

• The Following User Says Thank You to hinekadon For This Useful Post:

Uncle Fester (14-05-19)

Thanks

And what happens to the debris from a mid-air collision of two drones over a public area, especially when one is doing "speeds in excessive of 200 mph in a dive attack"?

I think I'd much rather have tiny shotgun pellets falling on me under their own weight than be hit on the head by even just the battery from a drone, let alone a million shards of carbon fibre!

Andrew

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks

And what happens to the debris from a mid-air collision of two drones over a public area, especially when one is doing "speeds in excessive of 200 mph in a dive attack"?

I think I'd much rather have tiny shotgun pellets falling on me under their own weight than be hit on the head by even just the battery from a drone, let alone a million shards of carbon fibre!

Andrew
    A load of shotgun pellets hitting a drone will also result in a million shards of carbon fibre as well as a 100% burning Li-Ion battery falling down on me.

I am more concerned about the likely event that the shooter MISSES the drone and that they might NOT use shotgun pellets but something more substantial.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hinekadon View Post
    you should only shoot things you are going to eat morally correct is the new pc

Feedback? Hmm... maybe add to that comment 'living things', while a mass shooter or terrorist can be considered as not worthy of living.

For objects and dead things there are better tools than a gun and we don't want to have to eat the items used for target practice.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nomeat View Post
    A load of shotgun pellets hitting a drone will also result in a million shards of carbon fibre as well as a 100% burning Li-Ion battery falling down on me.
    Quite so, but at least there would only be one drone worth of debris, not two. And a shotgun isn't going to make a drone explode, nothing like a collision with another drone travelling at 200 MPH would anyway!

If it's safe to use this "Drone Bullet" then the same conditions must obviously apply to other means?

Quote Originally Posted by nomeat View Post
    I am more concerned about the likely event that the shooter MISSES the drone and that they might NOT use shotgun pellets but something more substantial.
    So what are we talking about now, surface-to-air missiles? Anti-aircraft batteries? Maybe a space-based LASER platform?

You obviously have an issue with firearms, and they are off-topic here anyway, so I'll say no more about the subject. It was little more than an attempt at humour to begin with. Unsubscribed.

Andrew

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bigfella237 For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (14-05-19),Thala Dan (14-05-19)

Thanks

Quite so, but at least there would only be one drone worth of debris, not two. And a shotgun isn't going to make a drone explode, nothing like a collision with another drone travelling at 200 MPH would anyway!

If it's safe to use this "Drone Bullet" then the same conditions must obviously apply to other means?

So what are we talking about now, surface-to-air missiles? Anti-aircraft batteries? Maybe a space-based LASER platform?

You obviously have an issue with firearms, and they are off-topic here anyway, so I'll say no more about the subject. It was little more than an attempt at humour to begin with. Unsubscribed.

Andrew
    Things are getting pretty drastic around here these days, aren't they?

Not only is it antisocial to own a firearm these days, it's even frowned upon to make jokes involving firearms.

Never mind, Andrew, I thought it was bloody funny

Thanks

Andrew
    A bit touchy today, eh?
    I don't have an issue with firearms, only with morons shooting around with them randomly where people could be within reach.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

It's ok fellas, I saw it as a joke and nothing more. Of course no one in their right mind is going to use a shotgun in a public place. The idea, though, does have some merit - except for the idiots who shouldn't be let anywhere near a pop gun, let alone a water pistol!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...