Thread: Bill shorten rape case

Thanks
    Thanked 2,147 Times in 1,058 Posts

Default Bill shorten rape case

Looks like he may be in trouble this time.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Reschs For This Useful Post:

eaglem (16-05-19)

Look Here ->

Thanks

For the record... I don't like Bill Shorten and I disagree with some of the ALP policies.

But until this allegation starts showing up on more reputable media I will look upon this as a Murdoch dirt file with dubious political motives and call BS on it

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to exited For This Useful Post:

allover (16-05-19),alpha0ne (16-05-19),lsemmens (16-05-19),Thala Dan (16-05-19)

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

Nothing changed. Pollies have been raping us for years!
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to porkop For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (17-05-19),alpha0ne (16-05-19),DB44 (17-05-19),eaglem (16-05-19),enf (16-05-19),VroomVroom (17-05-19)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,050 Posts

Looks like Harry Richardsons personal file back ground on the Pickering Post has disappeared, re directs back to the home page

Another aside, James Campbell has in the past being writing articles for the Murdoch Press, he is an ex press attache for the liberal party, when he joined Murdoch i thought here we go, another Andrew Bolt, but was pleasantly surprised that his articles were very well balanced and researched, BUT i note he has gone missing in action over the last weeks, could it be he is not carry out the Company policy??
    Last edited by allover; 16-05-19 at 09:22 AM.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

Thanks

What I find interesting is that others can be convicted on the word of a single complainant with no other evidence eg George Pell or be locked up under the same circumstances but others are given what appears to be a free pass.

• The Following User Says Thank You to madtech For This Useful Post:

DB44 (16-05-19)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,060 Times in 3,338 Posts

It does seem strange that this has emerged just now. I don't like Shortarse, but, I don't think that "historical" cases like this should be publicised just prior to an election unless, of course is currently before the courts.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

DB44 (17-05-19)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    It does seem strange that this has emerged just now. I don't like Shortarse, but, I don't think that "historical" cases like this should be publicised just prior to an election unless, of course is currently before the courts.
    You expect anyone in this day and age to have any scruples? Jeeeez.

One of my favourite muck rakers, Richard Marles, went after Morrisons religious beliefs yesterday. Shorten said nothing of course.

If anyone went after one of Marles muslim constituents he'd go apesh!t.

Whenever you think that they are at the bottom of the gutter, they rip the gutter off and replace it with a deeper one. Such is the state of politics that we the voters are prepared to tolerate, so we get the behavior we deserve.

It's on us, not them.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

allover (16-05-19),DB44 (16-05-19),eaglem (17-05-19)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,060 Times in 3,338 Posts

This should be in the Joke thread, but, given the topic

Subject: FW: FW: Blank cheque

BILL SHORTEN walked into a bank to cash a cheque
    When he’s called over to the teller, he says, "Good morning, could you please cash this cheque for me?"

The teller replied, "It would be my pleasure sir. Could you please show me your ID?"
    Bill Shorten said, "Truthfully, I didn’t bring my ID with me as I didn't think there was any need to. I’m the leader of the Labor Party of Australia."
    The teller said, "Yes sir, I know who you are... but with all the regulations and monitoring of the banks because of impostors, forgers, and requirements of the legislation etc., I must insist on seeing ID."
    Shorten said, “Just ask anyone here at the bank who I am and they’ll tell you. Everybody knows who I am."
    The teller said, "I’m sorry, Mr Shorten, but these are the bank rules and I must follow them"
    Getting a bit agitated, Shorten snapped, “C'mon woman, I’m urging you, please, to cash this cheque.."
    The teller said, "Look Mr Shorten, here is an example of what we can do. One day, Greg Norman came into the bank without ID. To prove he was Greg Norman, he pulled out his putter and made a beautiful shot across the bank into a cup. With that shot we knew him to be Greg Norman and cashed his cheque.
    "Another time, Lleyton Hewitt came in without ID. He pulled out his tennis racket and made a fabulous volley where the tennis ball landed in my cup. With that shot we cashed his cheque. So, Mr Shorten, what can you do to prove that it is you, and only you?"
    Bill Shorten stands there thinking, and thinking, and finally says, "Honestly, my mind is a total blank... there’s nothing that comes to my mind. I can't think of a single thing. I have absolutely no idea what to do... and I don't have a clue."
    With a big smile, the teller said, "Will that be fifties or twenties notes, Mr Shorten?
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

allover (16-05-19),alpha0ne (16-05-19),DB44 (16-05-19),eaglem (17-05-19),enf (16-05-19),fred49au (17-05-19),gulliver (17-05-19),hazman (16-05-19),hinekadon (16-05-19),irritant (18-05-19),Keith (17-05-19),Uncle Fester (16-05-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,147 Times in 1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    The lady in question has never has never stopped trying to get this to court.
    Read the full story.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Reschs For This Useful Post:

eaglem (17-05-19)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madtech View Post
    What I find interesting is that others can be convicted on the word of a single complainant with no other evidence eg George Pell or be locked up under the same circumstances but others are given what appears to be a free pass.
    That something to do as a CHILD. Even if your are 99 years old and you claimed to the Police you was TOUCHED 85 years ago and can send someone to jail on hear say only

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

It shows you how much POWER a women or a Child has over Men today.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

irritant (21-05-19)

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

Default dont be shy have a try

Quote Originally Posted by Reschs View Post
    The lady in question has never has never stopped trying to get this to court.
    Read the full story.
    one day she will make herself famous for five minutes and then who the hell cares , Im sure she could do better things by removing herself from the situation or is that all she has to live for , sex is a normal natural thing to do the word rape sneaks in to it as a excuse or a regret then it becomes "she said , he said " theres always an excuse for it happening or not happening , the result is unless its reported immediately there is no rape , rape is defined as a assault including forceful sexual penertration . Not well "I think he raped me" "!!!~! but i was too pissed to know ?? get real

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hinekadon For This Useful Post:

george65 (17-05-19),irritant (21-05-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

I happened to be talking to my daughter and a bunch of her early 20's girlfriends through the week. The topic of feminism came up which despite my thoughts of some of them being precious lefties themselves, they all thought was a joke and a load of shit that hurt women far more than it helped. They knew the names of several feminist social media queens I had never heard of and didn't hold back in the less than complimentary names they had for them and anyone that supported the feminist cause.

The topic of these ancient rape cases came up and they were all very unified on that too. All thought it would be the worst thing imaginable BUT, if you couldn't report it within 3 years, then sorry, just going to have to live with it forever. Their thoughts were they could understand how someone could be traumatised and embarrassed and not want to report it straight away but they all felt surprisingly ( to me) strongly that waiting 10 or 20 years was absolute bullshit.

They were of the Opinion if you were still scarred by it so deeply after all that time, then the solution was counselling not legal. They also didn't understand if you were so upset after all those years, why the hell you would want to drag yourself through it all again and not just get on with the life you would have presumably had by then UNLESS you were really doing it for money which they all thought was the real reason for these cases.

I raised the issue of the accused being able to produce evidence to defend himself after all that time and their reaction was how could the accuser produce evidence after that long to start with anyway? The other thing I made not of which got surprising agreement was these old cases never seem to involve Joe nobody. They always seem to involve someone in the public Eye with a quid. They also thought that all these old cases always seemed to be somewhat suspicious and have elements that didn't add up or seem logical behaviour on either the victims or the accused's actions.

Their over all summation was it would be an unimaginable horror but if you managed to live with it for 10 years plus and hadn't said anything, then then the worst had well past and seek medical help if you needed it but the expiration date on legal recourse had well passed.

As I say, pretty surprised over all that a group of young girls and some whom I thought would be pretty precious themselves were actually so aligned with my old " Cave man" thinking as my daughter calls me.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

allover (23-05-19),hinekadon (18-05-19),lsemmens (21-05-19)

Thanks

A Bird told me today that since Shorten is not a Prime Minister today and only a Back Bencher it the perfect time to start the case again. Yes now he is stuffed, all he needs is another Complain ("eg Woman stick together") and the circus will start and he will be found guilty. Remember in the early days when Pell name come up and I said he will be found Guilty before he was Charged and now in Jail he would be freed on the First or even the second appeal, Yes this will happen and yes Shorten will be charged, and the Zealot jury will find him Guilty. See the DPP dont care if you get off in a appeal as they still classify this as a win for the DPP and the Govenrment.
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 23-05-19 at 05:43 PM.

irritant (23-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hinekadon View Post
    rape is defined as a assault including forceful sexual penertration .
    You can be charged with rape only because you grabbed a person hand Male and female and put it on your Penis. Don't worry the DPP have a collection of Charges the same to stick with this.

irritant (23-05-19)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

It will be interesting to see if anything comes from it.....if there is any new evidence.

It was interesting to see today in Victoria that union thug John Setka has had almost all charges against him dropped by the prosecution.

Cut and paste due to paywall

Union boss John Setka will plead guilty to harassing a woman after cutting a deal with prosecutors which saw dozens of charges struck out.

Thirty charges including recklessly cause injury and assault were withdrawn this morning as lawyers for the CFMEU leader indicated he will plead guilty to the remaining two offences.

Mr Setka will formally plead guilty to using a carriage service to harass the victim, who can’t be named, at West Footscray in October last year.

He will also admit to another charge.

Details of the allegations against him were not aired in a brief committal mention in the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court today.

• The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

eaglem (30-05-19)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,050 Posts

I guess that means the cheque has been cashed?
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    .....if there is any new evidence.

NO,NO,NO there is always NEW EVIDENCE and the new Evidence is they have NO Evidence. This is a Ploy that all DPP'd do in all states regarding all charges. This is what they do If a high profile case they will leak to the Media ."NEW EVIDENCE FOUND!!" After the person Is charged they always Charge the person with another Charge before the Trial. Low profile case. Normally no New evidence Found but they always Charge stack during the Period and even charge you with another new charge before the Trial.
    One of the DDP favorite trick is you get Charged>>>>> months later The ring your solicitor (NO Paper Trial this way) and tell the Solicitor you about to be charged with lesser serious charged ( so the person says I'M guilty Now) but they are willing to drop the First serious Charge because the DDP might have trouble winning this but the trouble is both charges in the Criminal Code have the same sentence in years. Only a Legal Aid Lawyer FOOL gets conned with this.
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 24-05-19 at 10:35 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post

It was interesting to see today in Victoria that union thug John Setka has had almost all charges against him dropped by the prosecution.

Union boss John Setka will plead guilty to harassing a woman after cutting a deal with prosecutors which saw dozens of charges struck out.

Thirty charges including recklessly cause injury and assault were withdrawn this morning as lawyers for the CFMEU leader indicated he will plead guilty to the remaining two offences.

Mr Setka will formally plead guilty to using a carriage service to harass the victim, who can’t be named, at West Footscray in October last year.

He will also admit to another charge.

Details of the allegations against him were not aired in a brief committal mention in the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court today.
    DDP most of the time they always do this. Remember your above for the next 10 years on different cases for different people. You will see the same SHIT going on time in and time out.