Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it just me?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,664 Times in 831 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    We are always quick to praise Good service, it's the only way to ensure you get help when you encounter the idiots. You catch more flies with honey... so the saying goes.

NOW for something completely different!
    Friend found out at the last minute that he was unable to attend a polling booth on Saturday. At 4PM Thursday he applied online for a postal vote. The paperwork arrived at 10AM the NEXT DAY!!!! Not only one govt dept got their fingers out but TWO! Almost unbelievable
    Methinks the "we need to convince him to vote a certain way" factor may have played a role here. But, just a suspicion.

I say this because I was watching a news-piece on our election day (8th May) about an old guy who lost his ID document, went to the home affairs office an hour before polls closed, got his new ID processed in 15 MINUTES (!!!) and made it on time to cast his vote.

This, the same home affairs dept. where I stood last year, waited 8 HOURS (I kid you not) in a queue to renew a passport (not even apply for a new ID doc) for which a NOTICE arrived in the post 3 MONTHS later, for which I had to go back and stand in another 2 hour long queue to collect.
    Last edited by irritant; 21-05-19 at 06:28 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

When we moved house, The Mrs put the passports in a safe place with our other documents. Of course when I was asked to Go OS for work last year, said passports were no where to be found despite many hours of searching. Other things turned up but not the passports. I did our Photos according to the regs which I was well familliar with and took them to a post office. Dodgy looking owner of the franchise shop wouldnt accept them saying they were not right. I argued, he kept offering they could do them there. yeah, of course you can little con man.
    Walked out, drove 2 min to anotehr place round the corner, handed them the cash which they no doubt get commission on and Applied and paid the healthy fees for new ones.

Of course searching for a snack at 3am that night after having officially cancelled the old ones, I spotted a box up on the high shelf, thought what's this and I found them didn't I ? AGGGH!!!!

Postman delivered the new passports in plenty of time and I merely scratched a mark on the little portable computer screen and he handed over mine and the wife and daughters.
    No problem, weeks to spare.
    At the airports however, I had to see the person at the Fkup desk every time because my passport was new and hadn't been " Registered" or something in the electronic system but wife and daughters had no problem. People at the airports were fine. they could see on their computers it was new and happens all the time. Just annoying when you are at the electronic gate and the thing won't work and some customs agent makes you turn all your crap around and go back up the que tripping over everyone else to the person at the suspect desk.

When we got back, Wife and daughter got Defect/ recall notices on their Subaru's in the mail.
    In order for the postie to give them to me, he had to have Their Licence numbers, 2 Forms of ID adding up to our 100 point system. ( which the licence is a major one but couldn't be used twice ) and then postie discovered they had to sign a form for them to be given to me on their behalf after all that! Alternative was they had to pick them up from the PO which had to be done as I didn't have the info and forms and wasn't about to fk around with it.

In between them getting to pick them up on their days off, like a week later, another reminder comes that they haven't been picke up but I can't take the reminder either so they have to go to the PO to pick up the reminder to pick up the original letter thats there as well !!!
    Manical!

I said to the postie, I didn't have to go through all this shit to get a passport off you, WTF is it with these things?
    He said I know but they stipulate the conditions for delivery and pay for the service so we have to do it.
    And then we started getting the things every week. Postie would knock at the door, hand me the mail and say you got more of these things, they will be waiting at the PO.

They had booked the cars in but due to the waiting list was a month ahead so we got 4 more of these stupid letters AND..... another 2 after the Job was done.

I told postie when he brought the others and he couldn't believe it. I said mate, if you get anymore just tell them we moved or something.

Hand over passports that aren't yours, no problem, make your scratch here. Get a notice to say the computer on your car needs re calibrating so the engine check light on some vehicles doesn't come on when it shouldn't, Nope, can't give you classified documents like that to hand over to family members!!, not without forms and ID required!
    They had to give ID when they picked the stupid things up and wife couldn't get Daughters. .... amazing they didn't ask for blood or urine samples!

Was about all they didn't ask for.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

irritant (22-05-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,664 Times in 831 Posts

Just got a response a while back from the person involved in the issue that sparked this thread from me.

After giving clear instructions on what I wanted done a few days ago, I got the result earlier...and it's exactly the opposite of what I wanted.

Sigh.......

But, I've got time. I'll just keep flooding the system with requests until I get the desired result.

Game on...it's now a case of who cracks first.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Mohs View Post

After giving clear instructions on what I wanted done a few days ago, I got the result earlier...and it's exactly the opposite of what I wanted.

Sigh.......

But, I've got time. I'll just keep flooding the system with requests until I get the desired result.

Game on...it's now a case of who cracks first.
    Sounds a bit like this

If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (22-05-19),irritant (22-05-19),lsemmens (26-05-19)

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12