Hello all, this question kind of straddles the line between software/hardware, but this seems like the more appropriate forum. I had a PC running Win7 that died on me. No warning, just fried the board. That is only tangentially related, but still relevant. I bought a new (to me) Optiplex 9020, and put the drive from the old computer in, and it's refusing to boot. I was able to install Win7 onto a backup drive I had lying around, and have verified that the original HDD has all the data intact. Some preliminary research has indicated the Windows machines don't like when you just swap HDDs around, and that's why it won't boot the OS for me. Now, I know I can just wipe the drive, reinstall everything, and start over, but that would be an enormous pain. I'd like it to just work as it did. Now, I've read about Sysprep, but that seems like you need the original PC to be functional, so that won't work. I've read some scattered things that there are ways to be able to wipe the drivers and the HAL? which would enable the HDD to then play nice with the new computer. If anyone has any insight or tips, I'd be gracious. Thanks.