Thread: Hi, a little note.... thanks for welcoming me to the forum

Thanks

Default Hi, a little note.... thanks for welcoming me to the forum

Hi all, just wanted to say thanks to the mods for approving my request to join, I didn't get the initial confirmation email as I fat finged my email address.... quick email to support and it was answered right away and fixed, thanks again.

I've been a lurker for years and haven't downloaded any files and don't need to, joined because of the great content so don't worry I'll not be a file sponge. I've been a member of the Batlabs forum since 2002 as well as a few others so have everything I need.

I live in the US now, but am a Canadian/US dual citizen, spent a few years living in the bottom of a Bundy bottle up on the Gold Coast and in Manly (northern Sydney beaches)... I come back to Australia often as I do gold prospecting (fossicking), that usually takes me to Bendigo in Victoria.

I'm a licensed ham radio operator (in both Canada and the US, as well as a commercial radio license in the US), I obtained my novice in 86, am a General now... One of the times I was down I went into the wireless org and was able to get VK2WD to use for my 6 month vacation, was awesome.

I run mainly Motorola equip for my V/U amateur radio work, Astro Saber III for the thinness in the back pocket and I have a couple XTS5000's in V/U.

PS: I tossed $20.00 into the "Premium Membership" page (under my callsign KB6JEN), not because I need any of the "Premium Membership" goodies, but because once the exchange is done, it only works out to $3.50 American...LOL. Joking of course, (I remember the exchange rate when I lived there and how much it sucks to pay $25.00 for a can of hair spray). I did it because we need to support and keep the doors open, the web would be a boring place with out great sites.. show your appreciation.

Anyways.. thank you for letting me join.... I look forward to chatting with you all.

Jen

-------------

KB6JEN, VE7OTH, and WRDJ919 (GMRS)
    TS-480SAT, IC-7300, FT-817ND, Motorola Spectra 100W (V), Yaesu FTM-10R, BaoFeng GT-3TP Mark III (x2), XTS5000 (V/U) (x2), Astro Saber 3 (V), SDS100, SDS200, SDRPlay Duo, Pro-2006, BC780XLT
    Last edited by Jennifer; 20-05-19 at 12:43 PM.

Look Here ->
    Administrator

Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,138 Posts

Hi Jen, welcome to Austech and thank you for your support.

• The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteOx For This Useful Post:

Jennifer (20-05-19)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Hey Jen,

Welcome aboard.

Great intro!

Premium Membership is our only source of income, so thank you very much for helping us pay our operating costs.

There's several amateurs among the membership here.

I know the Bendigo/central Victoria area well, as do a few others here.

Enjoy your time with us.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

Jennifer (20-05-19)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Welcome, Jen. This is one of the very few forums I actually contribute to financially. Your contributions here will be well received.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...