Thread: Hi, a little note.... thanks for welcoming me to the forum

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Hi, a little note.... thanks for welcoming me to the forum

Hi all, just wanted to say thanks to the mods for approving my request to join, I didn't get the initial confirmation email as I fat finged my email address.... quick email to support and it was answered right away and fixed, thanks again.

I've been a lurker for years and haven't downloaded any files and don't need to, joined because of the great content so don't worry I'll not be a file sponge. I've been a member of the Batlabs forum since 2002 as well as a few others so have everything I need.

I live in the US now, but am a Canadian/US dual citizen, spent a few years living in the bottom of a Bundy bottle up on the Gold Coast and in Manly (northern Sydney beaches)... I come back to Australia often as I do gold prospecting (fossicking), that usually takes me to Bendigo in Victoria.

I'm a licensed ham radio operator (in both Canada and the US, as well as a commercial radio license in the US), I obtained my novice in 86, am a General now... One of the times I was down I went into the wireless org and was able to get VK2WD to use for my 6 month vacation, was awesome.

I run mainly Motorola equip for my V/U amateur radio work, Astro Saber III for the thinness in the back pocket and I have a couple XTS5000's in V/U.

PS: I tossed $20.00 into the "Premium Membership" page (under my callsign KB6JEN), not because I need any of the "Premium Membership" goodies, but because once the exchange is done, it only works out to $3.50 American...LOL. Joking of course, (I remember the exchange rate when I lived there and how much it sucks to pay $25.00 for a can of hair spray). I did it because we need to support and keep the doors open, the web would be a boring place with out great sites.. show your appreciation.

Anyways.. thank you for letting me join.... I look forward to chatting with you all.

Jen

-------------

KB6JEN, VE7OTH, and WRDJ919 (GMRS)
    TS-480SAT, IC-7300, FT-817ND, Motorola Spectra 100W (V), Yaesu FTM-10R, BaoFeng GT-3TP Mark III (x2), XTS5000 (V/U) (x2), Astro Saber 3 (V), SDS100, SDS200, SDRPlay Duo, Pro-2006, BC780XLT
    Last edited by Jennifer; 20-05-19 at 12:43 PM.

2. Look Here ->