Thread: Google bans Huawei

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Default Google bans Huawei

How hypocritical that the largest company that spies on your every move and shares it with everyone(who pays) bans Huawei from propriety Android because they are a spy risk.

If it is true then Huawei must have backdoors or something to access devices without your knowledge and our Government should love them and insist we all use Huawei Phones.

I am very happy with my Huawei Mate as it is the only phone I ever had that gives me total control of ALL the permissions each app uses.
    I also don't need to use any of the Huawei propriety apps and I consider it the safest phone I ever had.

Of course I don't understand all the traffic that Wireshark reveals but surely a network engineer would and could prove if Huawei phones running Android pose a security risk.
    Nobody seems to bother, as proof of a claim is irrelevant these days especially if it comes from the USA.

They can just claim what they want, even start wars and nobody dares to question them.
    The USA is ALWAYS right and we sheeple will follow.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

borbs (18-09-19),Guiseppe (21-05-19),hinekadon (21-05-19),mandc (20-05-19),ol' boy (20-05-19)

3. Look Here ->
    Thanks

wonder if apple was in trumps ear because if it goes as they say the next release of Huawei
    phones could be much less with no access to play store etc

The next version of its Android smartphones will also lose access to popular services including the Google Play Store and Gmail and YouTube apps.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fandtm666 For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (21-05-19),Uncle Fester (20-05-19)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Let the info collecting wars begin
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Like I would give a shit if they were spying on me. What are they going to learn from me, that we have run out of Milk and I asked the Mrs to get some on the way home?

I got no national secrets for anyone to steal, let them listen to my conversations and see my text messages... the great majority of which are incoming advertising.
    If they weren't aware bunnings has 30% off outdoor fire places this weekend, then I don't see the harm in letting the Chinese Gubbermint or anyone else know about that.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Trump is banning US companies from dealing with Huawei. That all!

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    Trump is banning US companies from dealing with Huawei. That all!
    There is a bit more to that.

He doesn't want Europe/UK to have anything to do with them either and Huawei's own CFO could face death penalty for treason for dealing with Iran if Canada extradites her.

...which leads to the next mystery
    why Trump hates Iran so much and would be willing to start another major War:
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 20-05-19 at 07:07 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

Guiseppe (21-05-19),hinekadon (20-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nomeat View Post
    Please read this.
    If Australia is a democracy why, then, is voting compulsory?

"What has changed between the arrival of the First Fleet and today?"
    "Wearing leg irons is now not required."

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Guiseppe For This Useful Post:

Uncle Fester (21-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Guiseppe View Post
    Please read this.
    I suppose I could have posted that in General Chat in a new thread, but I am really hoping it all goes away and I don't have to.
    Maybe someone could save the world and impeach Trump and fire that other horrible man.

Thanks

Maybe someone could save the world and impeach Trump and fire that other horrible man.
    Ahh yeah, Trump, the punching bag of the whole world.

man has done great things for the country but people put endless shit on him and I still haven't ever heard a reasonable and factual answer why. Lots of emotional and mainly lefty accusations but i'm still to find anything where he has done a bad job as a president. Country is better off than it has been in decades. Hasn't screwed his secretary, the people or broken endless promises.

Wants to protect the borders that already have millions a years spent on trying to enforce them with a ridiculously ineffective 3 wire fence.
    Someone tell me exactly wrong with keeping illegal immigrants out of the place as they have been trying to do all along and as every country, Like Oz, does themselves unless they have open borders.

Trump isn't the problem, its the whingers that want to crap on endlessly merely because they don't like that fact he's got balls and got the job done better than many before him.

When he's done in his next term in the US, maybe he could come here and do the same like getting unemployment down, the GDP up and all the other things he's benefited the country in the short time he's been in. Oh, that was all Aliobamama's doing wasn't it? Just took till he was out to show up.

Yeah, Right!

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (22-05-19),Jma (22-05-19),ol' boy (22-05-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

he also doesn't want American alias using technology from Huawei either

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Imagine if we could harness all the energy the democrats, the media, and other disaffected leftys have with their daily quest to get Trump for something ? There would be no need for coal and we would have endless power.

I might apply for a grant to build a whining reactor They will probably give me at least a billion if I say its for renewables.

BTW, there is more than just a little bit more to "it must be Google and Donald Trumps fault". What would our own ASIO know anyway ? And add up just how many countries have issue with Huawei. Lots.

Thanks

Maybe you could spend time to actually read your links.
    There is up to now no evidence Huawei equipment actually poses a security threat, at least no more than any other company.
    So many vulnerabilities in IOS all the years, hence the reason why iPhones could be jailbroken.
    As for ASIO they are the ones who insist all the companies create and provide them with backdoors.

...and they all steal from each other!
    I suggest you read a little about computer history like Idea Man from Paul Allen, Apple's History, interesting stuff.

Trump is a spoilt brat and mental case who goes into a tantrum when he doesn't get what he wants.
    He biggest achievement is to destabilise the world and we are just seeing the beginning of it.

That lefty whining shit talk is getting boring.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 23-05-19 at 06:15 PM.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Maybe you could spend time to actually read your links.
    I did. I take it you didn't. Or want to ignore it all because you don't like it because it does not say trump is behind it all.

Trump is a spoilt brat and mental case who goes into a tantrum when he doesn't get what he wants.
    He biggest achievement is to destabilise the world and we are just seeing the beginning of it.
    I'll quote myself on this one
    Imagine if we could harness all the energy the democrats, the media, and other disaffected leftys have with their daily quest to get Trump for something ? There would be no need for coal and we would have endless power.
    I agree, yet you are still at it.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

george65 (23-05-19),Jma (23-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I did. I take it you didn't. Or want to ignore it all because you don't like it because it does not say trump is behind it all.
    I am only interested in facts, not conspiracies or assumptions.

Show me the 'exploit' that Huawei purposely builds into their equipment to spy on us all.

Anything connected to the internet is a security risk. Countless apps you download from Google Play access your private data, very few care about that.
    So why single out Huawei?
    Of course I know why and it has nothing to do with the security risk BS, just like Trumpy's Wall won't stop illegals, they already have high fences but most illegals and drug transfers still happen through the check points.

Trumps pathetic trade war to take down China is not going to make USA great, so many US companies depend on Chinese imports and components for their manufacture. The end consumer ends up having to pay more because of the tariffs. This is not how you grow an economy.

Trumps pathetic trade war to take down China will lead us to recession. The number one reason for decades being recession free is China's growth, take that away plus the end of the realestate bubble minus the immigrants and we are in one.
    oops...

So you prefer to be a proud Trump supporter, rather than to support our country?

Thanks

Thats it!, exactly what I was talking about, great example of the idiotic and baseless carry on the whingers constantly carry on with!

A whole load of nothing but childish opinion, often parroted by those that don't have the brains to think for themselves, with no basis or substantiation.
    What tantrums has he thrown? Has he ever been treated or is under going treatment for a mental ailment? How has he destabilised the world? By diffusing a situation that was fast coming to a head with the Nth. Koreans and building a relationship of co-operation and harmony with them? By pulling troops out of Afganistan that should never have been there in the first place??

This is the kind of flawed rubbish that I'm talking about. When you look at these sort of claims, not only do you find NO supporting evidence, you usually find evidence that is the complete opposite! But, the lefties think now that any shit they make up and sook about is something everyone else should believe no matter how flawed it is when one analyses the allegations made.

And playing devils advocate, If he had a tantrum, did that actually have a detrimental effect on the country or the job he did as president? Without a clear definition of what a tantrum constitutes in context, I'll know I could be labled as having tantrums and Dummy spits when I didn't get what I wanted when running my business as well. There is a very fine line between laying down the law and getting serious with those who screw you around in showing strong leadership to assert your authority and being taken by those whom don't like the outcome as having a Tantrum. And if that's what he had and got the job done, good on him I say for not being a pussy which is clearly what upsets the bleeding hearts the most.

And as far as " Mental case" goes, without evidence he has been treated for a mental illness, what leader hasn't had the same accusation levelled at them by those throwing a tantrum when they didn't get what they wanted?
    Look on YT at the way the Hitlary / Opposition supporters have gone on with demonstrations and accusations they have made and then come back and tell me all about why Trump is a mental case.

Yeah, couldn't agree with you more and thanks for that perfect example of what I was talking about. You hit the nail on the head and made it so realistic and typical of what we are constantly bored shitless with. The brainless sook lefties have this idea that their opinion is fact no matter how little evidence there is to support it or contravenes it.

What the FACTS and measurable parameters say, is whatever Trump is or is not, the country under his short leadership has gone ahead in leaps and bounds.
    That is verifiable, measurable and indisputable. Wouldn't matter if he was a cross dressing Chimpanzee, as president he has done a great job of leading his country by every quantifiable measure. End of story.
    Wether or not he is a cross dressing chimpanzee is irrelevant to the job he has done.

Still really like to hear an intelligent and factual reason why keeping Illegals out of the country is such a bad idea? German and many other Euro countries opened the flood gates and look at the shit they are in up to their earlobes now.

If Trump is a bastard for wanting to protect his countrys borders, isn't the Australian and so many other gubbermints just as bad??

23. The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

Jma (23-05-19)