Thread: WiFi Calling on boostmobile?

Thanks

Default WiFi Calling on boostmobile?

Is this feature available through Boost? We don't have much of a choice of service providers in my "remote area". It seems both telco's are thieves . . . Oops just one telco is the thief it just owns the other.

Look Here ->

Thanks
    Thanked 1,112 Times in 571 Posts

Yes, Boost Mobile do offer VoWiFi, as long as your handset it capable.

• The Following User Says Thank You to peteramjet For This Useful Post:

admin (28-05-19)

Thanks

Many thanks for that peterramjet. I guess it is time to do battle over the phone, communication is such a chore when it comes down to Australian English. I do feel sorry for the operators trying to deal with the likes of me all day everyday! & I promise to try & be patient.

Thanks

If you have phone with voLTE but no voWIFI simply download app from Google play store called wifi calling, works great!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Softek2 View Post
    I guess it is time to do battle over the phone
    What phone have you got?

All Apple iPhone models from the 6 up are compatible.

Any other phone will need to be compatible with Telstra to work. There is a list of compatible phones on the following link. Phones not listed will not work.

Thanks

Hi Peteramjet, I have Samsung A50. There is an app with the phone "Call Management" which is part of the on board applications. I can force a stop but not remove this Optus/ Samsung app. I purchased this New phone from a large local retailer as a new unlocked phone but now reading some of the fine print on a sticker under the package it says not to be sold without contract. (Optus). I might give the store a call today & ask. Thanks for the heads up. How silly of me to think being a new phone there would not be a problem.

Thanks

Default WiFi Calling on boostmobile?

If the phone is marked as for ‘Optus’ you may find it won’t function correctly on Boost Mobile, which operates via Telstra.

Check to see if the phone covers 3G 850Mhz and LTE band 28 - if not, it won’t operate to its full capacity on Telstra, and therefore Boost.

Edit: a quick search suggests the A50 supplied through Optus does support both LTE band 28 and 3G 850, which means it should function. However, my understanding for VoLTE or VoWiFi to work on Telstra their firmware (or OEM firmware) is required - but happy to be corrected on that.

Edit 2: this Whirlpool link suggests the A50 will work with Telstra, so therefore Boost, with OEM firmware installed:
    Last edited by peteramjet; 29-05-19 at 06:05 PM.

Thanks

UPDATE: The plot thickens1 A50(1) has some optus software as part of the "new" phone (purchased from hardly normal). It also has on the company sticker under the retail packaging a not saying Not to be sold without Optus contract. It is however unlocked & functions (as a phone) on the Tel#^&a network. It does have a VOLTE switch & WIFICalling switch (both on by default) in the settings.
    I purchased another from flebay which arrived yesterday. Looking at it (before inserting sim) there is no such mention of the features in the settings menu.
    Limited time is also a factor for me.
    Thanks Peteramjet for the link I have read it before but did a revisit & re-read just in case my brain might clarify anything further. (alas disappointed again).
    I believe I am on the right track, been doing some utube but don't speak Indian yet so can't easily interpret some of the instruction videos yet.
    I keep the updated coming as I understand more.

Thanks

UPDATE (2):
    Yesterday an update occurred (I believe it was a Samsung" update of some sort. I now have a button in settings for WiFi calling on/off and everything including Vo LTE just works. this was on the Fleebay phone. The Hardly normal phone shows the switches but alas no wifi calling or Vo LTE. I am guessing this was because it was tied to Optus somehow.
    Wonders never cease to amaze me! Thanks all for your input.
    I will keep everyone posted on sucess (don't hold you breath)