Thread: Sata 0 to 5 Whiich one

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Default Sata 0 to 5 Whiich one

For years I had my Operation System (Win 7) on HDD Sata 3 but every time I replace the CMOS battery the Mother board defaults back to SATA 0 and I have to enter into the bias and change it back to Sata 3 for the operation system HDD and save it, now can I change the Operation system hdd to Sata 0 so I dont have to go through this again as The Stroke stuff me with this.
    Sat 0 to 5 Hummmmm Why not Sata 1 to 6. Anything that I need to know about Sata 0 than can cause a issue with a operation system on sata 0
    Thanks

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,305 Times in 783 Posts

if you just mean the port numbers? go for it
    all sata ports are same as far as i know
    sata 0 is fine
    why 0-5 & not 1-6, nfi Lol
    https://www.facebook.com/philquad68

• The Following User Says Thank You to Philquad For This Useful Post:

Mr 672A (26-05-19)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Philquad View Post
    & not 1-6, nfi Lol
    The way I see things if you have six ports I would have 1 to 6 not 0 to 5
    Thanks

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Sorry, in "computerese" all counting starts at 0 so, start at 0
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

Mr 672A (27-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Sorry, in "computerese" all counting starts at 0 so, start at 0
    Arggghhhh! thats it. Blame the stroke for that. Do you know depending what stroke you have and you survive you forgot at least 50% whats in your brain (Been there). First the Heart attack wiped me out about 25% (Been there), I had one stoke that wiped me out at least 50% (Been there and Re-learn again) also two mini stokes and the last was last November that wipe out at least 30% of my brain and I had to re learn again. Pity I don't have a Sata 3 lead that I cant plug into my head and send everything that I knew the day before the next stroke and send it back again via a computer.
    The Only advantage I have noticed about having a stoke is WATCHING 4K Movies again and again as as I dont remember the Movie in the First place and yet the Family said to me you have watch this movie at least twice but after stroke or a Mini stroke (TIA) I don't remember watching most of them so as i Have over 100 title in 4K. So I have to re watch at least 80 of them. LOL,LOL,LOL.

Now I have to put a new Computer together (practice on the older i7)and I have to re learn how to do it (new Power supplies have not leads coming out) yet my wife told me I have built at least 20 of them in 20 years and went from win 95 to 98 XP and Win 7 as I have been told but for me ATM its the first for everything.
    But the part of my Brain that still works 100% (well at least 90%) is the part that allows me to think and solves issue out just by looking which is 100% better then most young people today including my 23 year old Son. Thank GOD that is still reasonable good as I would hate to lose that ability.
    Back on topic, sata 0 to 5, yes I understand now for the moment.

LSemmens
    Thanks

SHe's right mate. I have 21% brain damage from a MVA in 2001, I always reckon it's the bit I never used anyway. Most of it was frontal lobe, fortunately drugs keep me "normal"

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

Mr 672A (28-05-19)

Thanks

SHe's right mate. I have 21% brain damage from a MVA in 2001,
    The trouble with me I continually have MotortVA accidents without leaving the home and its depressing when I try to learn again only to have another TIA (transient ischaemic attack) that make me dumb again.. This has happened 4 time since I had my first Stroke and only stroke but had 3 TIA's after it. The Quack said to me "You have had the EARTH QUAKE now you are getting the After Shocks" the best way to explain it.

LSemmens
    Thanks

I understand that issue, too. SWMBO is having microstrokes all the time. Nothing the neuros can do, and not going to kill her. It's a product of long term that they are only just discovering.

Anyway, back to your computer - how are you getting on with it? If you were closer, I'd happily come and help you get it sorted.

Thanks

I understand that issue, too. SWMBO is having microstrokes all the time. Nothing the neuros can do, and not going to kill her. It's a product of long term that they are only just discovering.

Anyway, back to your computer - how are you getting on with it? If you were closer, I'd happily come and help you get it sorted.
    If all is well (partly sick possible flu) I will start tomorrow switching the Motherboard to the new case+ the Optical drive+ 4 SSD + SSHD drive, Hope the Sata lead is long enough as with these new cases the lead go into the false side that hide the cable and since this is the case you need longer Sata lead to the top optical drive. Anyhow I purchased on Ebay last night a selection of sata 3 leads from 15 CM to 60 CM, All in BLACK!!!. (my colour) Also all the New 5 fans with the Controller with the new Power supply the Thermaltake tough Power 850W. (I like this power supply as you can connect 3 GPU's with 4X4 leads on them. WOW!
    To start with I will use my existing GTX 980 to see if all works then i will introduce the Cool Master Hyper 212 N massive CPU Heatsink , than swap to the single GTX 1080 + the drivers and then I will test again and after this works and record the time, compare it to the GTX 980 times I will introduce the second 1080 after talking to my friend that knows this stuff and the way to run them together.
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 28-05-19 at 06:28 PM.

Thanks

What I have and they called them"Cerebral MicroBleeds" size from a 5 cent to a 20 cent coin on the MRI and they are not pleasant to have but you are right they are very common on people over 70 years old but most of the time they wont kill you just make you more dumb.
    I'm learning every day I dont want to lose what I have leant in the last 3 months since I start this super computer stuff.
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 28-05-19 at 06:27 PM.

Thanks

I understand that issue, too. SWMBO is having microstrokes all the time.
    Had to Google MWMBO and found the wife.
    Yes My wife also had A Stroke but in her case she was Dump before it so nothings has Changed, >>>>>>>Arrrrrggggh Stop hitting me, wife hitting me, arrggggh, arrghhhhh sorry, sorry,Sorry for calling you Dumb.

Thanks for the Offer but I live up the top of OZ where its warm
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 28-05-19 at 06:32 PM.