Thread: Ipad what to buy

Thanks

Default Ipad what to buy

Just looking to get a new Ipad for the wife, at the moment we have an ipad 2 all good but very slow
    Need about 128mb ram and wireless, 10" screen etc just for faceache and google and photos

any suggestions

thanks thomo

Look Here ->
    LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

A new iPad.............

Sorry, if you like Fruit (even with holes in it) then NOTHING is the same. (FYI - I am NOT a fruity person though SWMBO loves hers)
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    A new iPad.............

Sorry, if you like Fruit (even with holes in it) then NOTHING is the same. (FYI - I am NOT a fruity person though SWMBO loves hers)
    whatever u r on take some more and get a life

I was just asking for some advice

• The Following User Says Thank You to RedXT For This Useful Post:

tristen (27-05-19)

Thanks

just had to buy a new one for the missus because the motherboard died in hers.
    Got good use out of hers was a gen 3 and she used it everyday for her work and personal stuff.

The old one was a 128gb and this one was the same but a gen 6. Reason was it is easier to go and transfer everything over to the new one.
    Only thing to watch out for is the new gen 6 ones are smaller. Length is the same but the widthis less by about 20mm, so you will need to buy a new cover.

Got it through the good guys and got a bit of a discount cost was $756, cover and tempered screen protector were extra

• The Following User Says Thank You to efab For This Useful Post:

RedXT (26-05-19)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

My comment was intended as if you are FAMILIAR with Apple products, then nothing will seem the same. It;s like comparing Windows with Linux, or Osx, they all do similar things, just not in exactly the same way (HOLDEN vs FORD?)
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by h8fg4 View Post
    Just looking to get a new Ipad for the wife, at the moment we have an ipad 2 all good but very slow
    Need about 128mb ram and wireless, 10" screen etc just for faceache and google and photos

any suggestions

thanks thomo
    iPad 2 too slow for faceache/google?
    That doesn't sound right.
    I use an iPad 2 with music production software where several processor intensive applications are running at the same time.
    Maybe something has been installed that is bogging it down.
    I know the ladies never bother double clicking the home button to swipe away all the unused apps that could be running in the background for years.

You pay a ridiculous premium for memory in Apple devices.
    These days people use cloud storage for all their media, while I am personally not fond of them, I still consider Apple's cloud services the safest.
    64 Gb will save you heaps and that is still lot of photos but if she wants to store videos even 128Gb will run out soon.

There are also external hard drives that you can access with wifi that store terabytes of data if plugging-in is too cumbersome.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (27-05-19),tristen (27-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nomeat View Post
    iPad 2 too slow for faceache/google?
    That doesn't sound right.
    I use an iPad 2 with music production software where several processor intensive applications are running at the same time.
    Maybe something has been installed that is bogging it down.
    I know the ladies never bother double clicking the home button to swipe away all the unused apps that could be running in the background for years.

You pay a ridiculous premium for memory in Apple devices.
    These days people use cloud storage for all their media, while I am personally not fond of them, I still consider Apple's cloud services the safest.
    64 Gb will save you heaps and that is still lot of photos but if she wants to store videos even 128Gb will run out soon.

There are also external hard drives that you can access with wifi that store terabytes of data if plugging-in is too cumbersome.
    I keep telling her about the "double click" but in one ear out the other.
    I had to use it yesterday for the v8 live timing (forgot to charge my samsung tab) and it was painful

We also have a couple of grandkids fighting over it so its just time to upgrade
    I brought her the Ipad as it is easier for her to use otherwise I wold get her an android also

cheers thomo

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,639 Times in 835 Posts

You've probably done this but there are a few good guides to speeding up old ipads, done this a couple of times with this ipad 2 every time I'm about to throw it away. Still goes ok.

Thanks

just a regular iPad will do. Got my iPad Pro 11" recently, it's great but not much of a whole difference comparing to the regular iPad that will serve you well and do everything you need a tablet to do. Most of us don't use these iPad to its full potentials imo.

• The Following User Says Thank You to li2013 For This Useful Post:

RedXT (04-06-19)