Thread: Sydney: +1.75M people in 16 years.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Default Sydney: +1.75M people in 16 years.

Just reading a report from the planning and environment Department.
    They are predicting another 1.75M people in Sydney in the next 16 Years.

I'm pretty sure the drought that is behind the current water restrictions will get so much worse when all these people come into the area and there still hasn't been any new dams built. As for power.... think I'll get working on a new environmentally friendly, non Co2 emitting, child ( and moron) safe organic, sustainable, green renewable Candle because I can see a pretty big market for them in about 10 years time, if not sooner. Better make them room temp candles as well as we don't want any more globull warming.

They say we will need 725,000 new houses to put all the imma, errr, refo, errr.... people in but I'm more thinking if each house has just one car on average, WTF are they all going to park AND.... Being electric, where is all the power going to come from to charge them up?
    Oh, that's right, you just need to put a solar panel on your house right?

Funny though, mate of mine lives in a block of flats which they also say are going to be a significant part of where people live and everyone has at least one car there and no one has any solar panels.

Look Here ->

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

yeah Sydney is getting pretty bad , we got out of there 5 years ago after so many govt sponsored reffo scum starting infiltrating the leafy expensive area we lived in. FFS the traffic was a nightmare back then the commute was getting worse and worse and then the state govt decided to start taxing people on the M4 at Granville for sitting in a carpark that they created!!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,962 Times in 9,059 Posts

Had to go up to Sydney last week. Haven't been for years. We only had to go as far as Westmead, but what a crock!

I think such a trip from Canberra is really necessary every now and then as it makes me realise what a paradise I live in , especially traffic wise.

Hey george65, where are all these people gonna sh!t?
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Sydney is vomiting its population far enough down the south coast too
    Even Huskinson isn't south enough anymore!
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Thanks

Yep, I moved right to the south western edge 2 years ago but I have been saying to the wife the rest of surburbia is chasing us and we should have gone further out still.
    This was once the boonies and not so long ago but they started a plan just before we got here to build 33,000 homes in the area in 5 years. They are in the process a few months ago of approving another 30,000 further out. We are on acerage but just got a letter from the council about new planning codes for allowing Multiple dwellings. They did that where we were and things went nuts and turned Suburbia into something that resembled the CBD along with all the associated problems like having to fill the playgrounds at schools with demountable to accommodate all the kids and the peak hour traffic is now 20 hours a day. Lived in the area all my life and I can get lost there now because it's another world. A 3rd world actually because thats where all the residents come from whom live there now.

God help the young people. The Australian Dream of Owning your own Home has long gone out the window. Best you can hope for now is a cell in the concrete rat traps.

This is engineering social problems on a massive scale. We see these reports all the time that kids are obese and only play video games and suffer from all these ailments through lack of sunshine and exercise. Is it any fking wonder? There is no where to play, if they have a back yard it's 8 Ft deep and 20 Ft wide, at best, and there is no street to play in either because 2 cars can't park opposite and that's out here where they are still " Houses" . NFI what all the kids raised in flats are going to do. We have sen what happens in the US and UK with their slums and " Project" housing yet the greed of Gubbermints allow developers to put up slip shod cubby houses that are going hell bent down the same road. Then all the gubbermit paid academics will sook about the poor health standard of kids in the future.

And I'm still wondering where all the power and water will come from to accomodate all these people, where the jobs will come from and how the hell anyone will get to or from work or get materials and goods in and out.

Instead of all the greenwashed harping about renewable power and the like, maybe they should be concentrating on limiting the population so there is enough power and infrastructure to go round and planning things a bit better. way it's going everyone is going to live in a slum or 3 Hours from city and decent hospitals etc.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    Sydney is vomiting its population far enough down the south coast too
    Even Huskinson isn't south enough anymore!
    Funny you say that.
    A fair few family moved down there in the last 5-10 years. The early escapees are saying how crowded it's getting.

My father lives on the mid north coast. There is a main town there and another very small place about 30 Km west. In the middle there is this new estate. It's about 30-40 houses I'd guess. It is the most in the middle of no where place I have ever seen. You literally come over a hill and look down and there it is. In the middle of nothing. Literally like someone just developed a cow paddock and that's all that is still around for 15 KM either way. I mean not even a corner shop or a servo.

Apart from who the fk thought to put it there, I'm stunned anyone would want to live there. the places are all like new Sydney developments, 300M sq Blocks with everyone living on top of one another.... in Buttfk. Miles of land around in any direction but here are these butter box places jammed on top of one another. It's moronic.
    It's not like there is a shortage of places old or new in either town they are between. There are loads and you can get a decent place for $200K. Go out near the water and new homes are $500K , get loads of acerages a lot cheaper, Old but very decent house at the end of the main road in the main town for $300K and no shortage of them. I have been looking there for the last 6 years and never seen the numbers of properties there drop below 300 in the main town alone, not counting the wider district. And they go and build this cluster fk in teh middle of no where??? WHat the hell?

We are looking at buying a rental there because the prices are so low and you can easily get better that 12.5 % return. Try getting that anywhere in Syd. You'll need to spend $600K and be lucky to get $500 a week.

The problem even out here is you can go further out to escape the fast growing sprawl but then you have to come back to town for supplies and you run into the traffic, parking problems etc.

As much as people rubbish it, I want to go up the gold coast. I love it up there. warm all year round, sure it's Humid in summer but it's better than the searing dry heat here. People are more relaxed and friendly and you can go up the hinterland and it's paradise with a view of the city lights. Friends up there complain it's crowded but they obviously haven't been anywhere in Sydney for a while, even out here on the edge. they complain about the M1? traffic. Every time I go up there its 6 lanes doing 80 in the 100 zone. Come to the Mfked, err, M5 in sydney and it's 3 lanes doing 30 if you are real lucky. I remember and always will a comment by a mate when they were expanding the M5 some years back. He happily exclaimed " It will be great when they finish the 3rd lane, they will be able to park 33% more cars there of a morning and afternoon!" His prediction was spot on. Of course since then they have probably put another 30-50K homes up for the road to feed.

With the prices of houses on the Goldy, I'll be able to sell here and afford a mansion on the water AND a hinterland paradise. ...... and a car for my end of life crisis, a boat..... a hot young private nurse to wipe my arse when I can't anymore.....

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    Funny you say that.
    A fair few family moved down there in the last 5-10 years. The early escapees are saying how crowded it's getting.
    My friends moved there 20 years ago.
    Its bonkers now, huge shopping complex now, ALDI etc

They all talking about heading further south, possibly to Bermi which has also seen massive growth the passed 5 years
    (especially the last 2 years)
    Last edited by ol' boy; 07-06-19 at 11:31 AM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Thanks

South is nice but the weather is too cold and shitty for me.
    I like warmer not colder.

Was just talking to a friend in Commiefornia.
    He was saying how they are hell bent there on all the environmental things but also importing people from 3rd world places fast as they can get them in. He said they go from living in mud huts and eating bugs off trees to Homes with AC and every convenience and driving cars and eating packaged foods.
    The do gooders then wonder why the smog, garbage and environmental issues in the place aren't getting any better despite all the increasing and moronic regulations they keep vomiting up.

Big biz and puppet gubbermints are hell bent on growing everything till it all collapses in a smoking heap.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Lemme see:

There are 84 cities more populated than Sydney.
    WOW, Tokio 38,000,0000
    Wonder how they do it?

They seem to manage quite well even with their public transport system, while here in Sydney the train system breaks down on a regular base ever since they went digital.
    They can't even manage to build a few km of electric tram in George street, which generally was not a problem 120 years ago.
    Funny that they decided to destroy their tram network 60 years ago because it would cause congestion but now rebuild it at insane cost in this populated mess.
    Whoever decided to destroy the monorail instead of extending it to Circular key and build this "light rail" instead should have been shot.
    Not mention the WestConnex disaster that is likely to blowout to $45billion, more than initially for NBN for entire Australia, but it is just a road for the fortunate few who can afford the Toll.
    The British Channel tunnel only costed US$22B.
    Why an earth not build overpass roads like everybody else does instead of expensive tunnels ?

Yes the place already seems like a shit hole every time I visit there lately, even without the extra 1.75M.
    Everything that was nice gets knocked down for more future vertical ghettos that never seem to get finished. Yet 100,000+ appartments are left unoccupied.
    Road and rail projects all done at the same time instead of focussing on one at a time to get it timely finished to cause the least disruption. Routing out George street to set a few tracks and a bit of electric wire now taking 5 years!
    ...and don't get me started on the PowerHouse Museum

I don't blame the population growth, which is actually needed for economical growth but the miss-management caused by the most incompetent government of the century.
    Time these pollies stop patting each other on the backs about how much money they have wasted and start looking elsewhere how these things are done properly, mindfully and efficiently.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 07-06-19 at 12:56 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

I visited Sydney in 1985. Once was enough!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (07-06-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post

Hey george65, where are all these people gonna sh!t?
    Well often in the public toilets, all over the seat and the floor the filthy Fkers!
    My wife was telling me yesterday the council is installing signs with pictures telling people to sit on the seats not stand on them with their feet in all the public thunderbox's. Apparently in certain places where a very warm, fun loving group of people have over ru....errr, frequent, there is a problem with people shitting in the parks everywhere. Rangers have copped a few people whom claim not to have known cant do that and claiming they are being victimised and racially picked on.

But it's another valid question. That will be the next thing that's over loaded and everyone will be limited to a visit every two days.
    Swimming at Bondi will definitely be only for the tourists with all the blind mullet floating about. Won't have to worry about that at least. Have our own sewage system here that waters the garden and the lawn so the water all gets used twice.

I son't think the Fkups and mismanagement with infrastructure are in any way by accident, it's all planned to give those friends of the Gubbermint lucrative contracts that they can blow out of all proportion and Milk till the cows come home. All these idiot decisions make someone a LOT of money.

Incompetence and bureaucracy people have become accustomed to and take for granted.
    Profiteering and blatant scams they are paying for at the expense of so many other things gets their nose out of joint and their votes off side so much better to pretend they are just incompetent fools than thieves ripping the system off blind.

The monorail was another money making scam for the contractors. How many people did each car hold, 12-14? It wasn't even fit as a transport system for a fun park let alone a city. the whole concept of Public transport here is and always has been a joke. It's never had the capacity required and never will. The trains are hopeless, the busses worse, if you can get on any of them and the roads are Fked. I was helping a mate out a couple of years ago with a job he had in the city. He'd come pick me up at 4am and we'd be on the M5 at 4:15 and it was already a parking lot. If you want to get into the city by 8, leave anywhere from bankstown on by 5 or you won't make it. Had to go to court in the city last year. We went in the night before and stayed in a hotel round the corner. Smartest move ever. Of course getting back home by train took a mere 2 hours! Should have stayed another night and left to come home at 10 am.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    I visited Sydney in 1985. Once was once too many!
    Me too, in '96................never again..............EVER

Thanks

Yeah, I think Of Melbourne like that too.
    Bad memories there.

Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by nomeat View Post
    Lemme see:

WOW, Tokio 38,000,0000
    Wonder how they do it?
    They are smaller than us

• The Following User Says Thank You to exited For This Useful Post:

enf (07-06-19)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,962 Times in 9,059 Posts

Lemme see:

WOW, Tokio 38,000,0000
    Wonder how they do it?
    By virtue of never knowing anything else....

We don't have, have never had, don't want, and have no understanding of such ridiculous population pressures. Why should we start now when it's completely unnecessary.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

george65 (08-06-19)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    By virtue of never knowing anything else....

We don't have, have never had, don't want, and have no understanding of such ridiculous population pressures. Why should we start now when it's completely unnecessary.
    Ignorance is NOT a bliss when it comes to city planning.

It is not just about what YOU want or not.

I wish people would have the guts to move out of city molochs and find life and work in less inhabited areas which can be quite pleasant and less stressful but our governments do not support that as almost all the NSW state funding gets wasted in Sydney and no work can be found elsewhere. Current youth unemployment up here is close to 25% and rising.
    It is an idiocracy that so many people have to be squashed into a city every day just to sit in front of a computer terminal.

So city life will continue to be just 12 hours every weekday at work and in traffic and Friday night to Sunday morning getting wasted in clubs.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Thanks

I wish people would have the guts to move out of city molochs and find life and work in less inhabited areas which can be quite pleasant and less stressful
    Did that 2 years ago. Went from 20 K from the city to 60. Now already they are throwing up the future slums around here as fast as they can. Moronic SUB 300M2 Blocks now with 4 and 5 bedroom homes on them. When those even 2 kids grow up, where the fk they going to park the cars they simply cannot be witout in these places? No trains, the busses are miles away because they can't get down these rabbit warren streets that you can't even park cars either side of and get one down the middle.
    Mass Engineering of social problems, crime, unemployment , drug problems and everything else 20 years into the future and they are going flat out at it. Blind freddy can see what is going to happen the same as happened so many times in so many parts of the world before.
    But that's one thing Oz excells at, Copy the worst, hairbrained, failed ideas possible and no matter how miserably they fail again, call them a success to delude no one.

The gubermints are so hell bent on bringing in all these people into the country, so many of them completely incompatible with out way of life, WTF don't they say OK, but for the first 5 years you are here you cannot live closer than 150KM to a main city area?
    It's logical to try and spread the population not just make all the problems of over saturation worse.

In the end it all comes down to corrupt mongerals in Gubbermint giving their developer friends contracts and getting huge backhanders for their trouble.