Thread: Looking for home phone, internet and maybe mobile bundle.

Thanks

Default Looking for home phone, internet and maybe mobile bundle.

Hi everybody,

My wife and I are looking around for a bundle package for our landline and internet with the option of maybe adding our mobiles as well.

TPG use to be great for a landline/ internet package and also offered free international calls package as well. Now of course they have dropped their free international calls with the new nbn rollout.

Just wondering if anybody knows of any reasonable providers out there with a basic internet plan and free calls within Australia from a landline and possibly some free calls overseas.

Regards.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Have a look at Exetel

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jgm View Post
    Have a look at Exetel
    100% agree.

Thanks

Whatever you do.... stay away from telstra !

Thanks

Thanks guys for the thumbs up for Exetel.

Yes - looked into it and they are excellent. They are what tpg use to be. My wife and I have friends in Germany and the UK and are looking for free international calls which Exetel have.

One issue we have is the phone line is VOIP. Our experiences of VOIP are not good - with an echo (hear your own voice coming back on the line.) A couple of friends had VOIP some years ago and had said it was not much chop and quite annoying with like the echo - feedback issue.

Can anyone who is on this service tell me if things have improved with the home phone line! We also want to keep our old landline number.

Exetel does not say but can you bundle a couple of mobile phones in with any deals on exetel.

Thanks in advance guys!

Regards.

Thanks

You don't say what your connection is. You can port your existing line to Exetel, but if you are on the NBN (depending on the connection type) you will have to go to VOIP at some point. We use Exetel VOIP for a small business service, and have no issues with it.

• The Following User Says Thank You to jgm For This Useful Post:

David071 (08-06-19)

Thanks

Hi jgm,

We have nbn along the street - very near to the city of Perth! Okay great - yes I did wonder if it was all going to be VOIP.

I am glad you have had no issues. We had a good friend and a brother that both were on VOIP some years ago and the line was pretty bad indeed with echo........you had your voice come back all the time .................it was quite annoying..................it sounds like the communication has hopefully improved a little overtime.

Thank You.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

I've had Exetel via old copper network and when that was decommissioned several years ago I was transferred to VOIP.

In my experience VOIP is excellent.

None of the problems you mentioned at all.

Thanks

Thanks Tristen.

Interesting and good to hear that you and another couple of chaps have not had any issues to speak of.

As I said in a previous over - it was quite a number of years ago with the problems.

My wife and I will certainly look right into it and Thank You.

Regards.

Thanks

Voice comms have changed a lot over the past few years since signals were carried as analog over trunk routes. There were major issues with interfacing analog and digital signals. Added to this, carriers were wedded to ITU packet switched standards (remember X.25).

These days, nearly all voice is carried by VOIP excepting for connections in areas where both ends are still connected to the local telephone exchange. As the NBN is "supposed" to be completed next year, all these will be gone by 2022, and ALL voice will be VOIP.

• The Following User Says Thank You to jgm For This Useful Post:

David071 (09-06-19)

Thanks

Hi guys.

One of the joys of this year was going on a nice Europe holiday! Problem was Exetel were a very reasonably priced NBN provider before we travelled and could not sign up because we would not be home for the changeover deal back then. We got back after five weeks away and they had shot up and are currently $80.00 for a nbn/internet bundle!!!

TPG who we are with now are $70.00 for something similar. Unfortunately if you want nbn landline/internet you are up for it.

Anybody else - any ideas on plans and telco providers apart from obviously ditching the landline/internet and just going the mobi.

Thanks everybody in advance.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,305 Times in 783 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by David071 View Post
    Hi guys.

One of the joys of this year was going on a nice Europe holiday! Problem was Exetel were a very reasonably priced NBN provider before we travelled and could not sign up because we would not be home for the changeover deal back then. We got back after five weeks away and they had shot up and are currently $80.00 for a nbn/internet bundle!!!

TPG who we are with now are $70.00 for something similar. Unfortunately if you want nbn landline/internet you are up for it.

Anybody else - any ideas on plans and telco providers apart from obviously ditching the landline/internet and just going the mobi.

Thanks everybody in advance.
    belong will do you 30mbs for $55 unlimited with 80$ mobile credit, or get a amaysim sim for $10 month unlimited calls-text
    ditch the landline, only calls we get are nicole from nbn or raja from telstra telling me in getting disconnected lol.

https://www.facebook.com/philquad68

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by David071 View Post
    Hi everybody,

My wife and I are looking around for a bundle package for our landline and internet with the option of maybe adding our mobiles as well.

TPG use to be great for a landline/ internet package and also offered free international calls package as well. Now of course they have dropped their free international calls with the new nbn rollout.

Just wondering if anybody knows of any reasonable providers out there with a basic internet plan and free calls within Australia from a landline and possibly some free calls overseas.

Regards.
    I wouldnt be looking at bundles as realisticaly they are just a non money saving scam these days.

You havent stated what your internet needs actually are, so its hard to make a recommendation. Among the best are Aussie Broadband, Future Broadband and Superloop. They are also not among the cheapest.....simply, you get what you pay for. Providers that dont buy enough CVC (bandwidth) or use crap networks such as Vocus will give you a less than enjoyable ride. I cant fault Aussie Broadband, they also publish CVC graphs so are very transparent in their dealings. They are also probably the fastest growing provider in Australia as they also have all Australian support , they do not outsource support like most others.

Home phone.....

If none of those plans suit, this unlisted page has offers for Whirlpool forum members

I have been on the $0 monthly service one for a few years now using a Cisco Spa-122 ATA ( it simply plugs in to an ethernet port on your modem and your phone plus in to that ). You can be with any internet provider you want......all the ATA needs is an internet connection. Telstra on the other hand locks your phone number in to the modem.

Mobile plans have never been cheaper. There are many Telstra wholesale resellers who offer unlimited calls/text and 1 gb of data for $10 a month. Belong (who ironically are owned by telstra) even allow customers to transfer unused data to each other.

• The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

tristen (08-10-19)