Thread: Solution 862 persistent Zone 8 error even after reset

Thanks

Default Solution 862 persistent Zone 8 error even after reset

Hi all,
    just wondering if anyone has some guidance here. I inherited a Solution 862 which was operational. About 10 months later, the battery began to fail. It took about a week to get a replacement, during which time i was charging the old battery daily. Since installing a new battery, i have been getting a persistent Zone 8 error, triggered by i don't know what (there is a relay that clicks when triggered). Knowing that a Zone 8 error is a communications error/24 hour tamper, i tried what i could see to resolve the issue but without success. I didn't have the installer code so i decided to rest the board to factory settings and start again. As soon as i reset the board, i started getting the Zone 8 error again. Using the installers manual, i have been unable to change the Zone 8 settings, either to 'not used' or even to some other 24hr type.
    Does anyone understand why i'm getting a persistent Zone 8 trigger or have some pointers on where to look next? Happy to answer any queries.
    Cheers in advance.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Probably the tamper switch on the panel. After the lid was removed to change the battery. It is a little metal contact switch that just may needing bending so that it makes contact.

Otherwise what is wired into the zone 8 input.

Thanks

Thanks for replying. There is nothing but the tamper switch in the Zone 8 terminals. There is a resistor on one leg of the switch. I was afraid that it was the leaves not making proper contact that was the problem, so first i bent them a little forward to encourage contact. That didn't work. So next i connected the resistor across both terminals to test/eliminate the tamper switch. Same issue.
    Cheers

Thanks

Is it a zone 8 alarm or is it the number 8 when pressing and holding number 5 (fault menu)

The relay clicking would indicate that the dialler is trying to dial

Thanks

Thanks. When i press and hold 5 i only get a flashing 2, until i set the time. No number 8.
    I've tried to program Zone 8 (location 316) to 'not used' or another 24hr type like fire or medical but when i set the new location the codepad does not show me the new program... its as if the new program isn't being accepted. I get out of installer mode then back in and nothing's changed. Tried reprogramming other zones also, same thing.
    Cheers

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xr5adam View Post
    Is it a zone 8 alarm or is it the number 8 when pressing and holding number 5 (fault menu)

The relay clicking would indicate that the dialler is trying to dial
    xr5adam,
    thanks for the input, do you know how to disable the dialler from the codepad? Or, what might be causing the dialler to trigger from Zone 8 when the tamper switch has been sealed at the terminals?
    Cheers

Thanks

Seems odd that putting a resistor across zone 8 did not clear the issue. Did you use the correct resistor? 6k8 res

To disable zone 8 put a 15 in loc 316
    To disable dialler put a 8 in loc 177

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by secure View Post
    Seems odd that putting a resistor across zone 8 did not clear the issue. Did you use the correct resistor? 6k8 res

To disable zone 8 put a 15 in loc 316
    To disable dialler put a 8 in loc 177
    Hey Secure, i feel the same way! The resistor i used is the resistor that has always been there (which worked in the past). Can provide a photo if you want?

I have tried programming 15 at location 316. The instructions indicate that when i change the value at 316 and press AWAY, the codepad should tell me whatthe new value is, but the codepad goes blank apart from the flashing AWAY and STAY which indicate i'm still in installer mode. Then i get out of and back into installer mode and location 316 has not changed. I've tried changing programming in non-24hr zones too, same outcome. Unsure why my programming is not sticking.

I will be trying changing location 177 to 8 tomorrow morning. Thanks for the heads up

Thanks

Press stay to save the change and then push away to go to the next programming section.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewpv01 View Post
    Press stay to save the change and then push away to go to the next programming section.
    Andrew,
    you're a star. No matter how many times i read the manual, i was reading press away to save changes when it was always press STAY! All programming now accepted. Cheers.
    Thanks all for the pointers. Cheers
    Huwtre