Thread: Free Speech At Work (not)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jma View Post
    It disgusts me how much money people are giving this bloke.
    He's a multi-millionaire & they're throwing millions more at him?
    If he wants to sue someone he should do what the rest of us do, pay for it himself.
    It disgusts me ( and I'm sure many others) at how some think people shouldn't have the free right to make their own choices with things such as how they spend their money. I think this has now gone well beyond a legal fund and has evolved in a show of support and a big Fluck you to RA, the whining LGBTQXFWABCLT123's, leftists and PC brigade that their mindset is NOT acceptable to the majority of average people despite the Leftie PC claims of the opposite.
    I reckon Folou will have a BIG surplus and will no doubt give that to the church, a related charity or may even set up some sort of charitable foundation himself.

I could lever the same "pay for it yourself" argument about homeless people. If they want a roof over their head or a feed, they should get a job and pay for it themselves. Why should the rest of us have to pay to put a roof over their head in winter?
    Same could apply to just about any charitable cause. Not saying Falou's cause is charitable, just the " Pay for it yourself " mentality applies to many things.
    If the starving in 3rd world shitholes need more food, they should learn how to farm and grow food themselves right?

While so much is bandied about in this case about inclusion and other catch words, Comments like yours amaze me in their inference and complaint that is effectively saying people should not be free to do what they want with their own money. He hasn't got a gun to anyone's head, he's not conning anyone about what the money is going to be or what it will be used for, he's not promising what he can't deliver or doing anything deceiving in any way. People are giving him their money because they want to support him in his cause. WTF is wrong with that? Is it because it does not agree with some leftist PC agenda that started this whole shitfight in the first place?

I spent $1300 this last week on my purely indulgent hobby. Is this wrong because I should have been giving it to some charity or leftie cause instead and therefore should not be allowed to spend my money how I want?
    I won't be donating to the fund but like his freedom of speech and religion, I will support his cause in spirit and his right to fundraise moreso because of attitudes like this.

If you don't want to give him money, then don't. I don't see the issue other than those opposing the things Folou is fighting for don't want to give him any chance to win and denounce their oppressive position. You would be even more upset if someone came along and said you had to donate so how is it any different in you saying people shouldn't and complaining about what is their right and choice to do so?

This whole thing just brings out one incredible hypocrisy after another.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (28-06-19)