Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: gouging.... KSP KTM my local dealer

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Before we purchased the Last of the real Holden Commodore and we waited to be delivered I joined Just Commodore Forum and after I introduced myself I said on the related Forum that can anyone Help me to get a FULL Workshop Manual for the VF Commodore which a member there was gladly shared with me ( was a Hugh file) after this on the Same forum I contacted Envyous Customs to get the ELM Program and had to pay for this which I didn't mind as I great Program and in between I got the ELM 327 Cable all before we got the Car. Well put it this way I always get the Tools before I start any Job.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    Only on last Night NEWS, The new reporter reported that there is a alarming shortage in Australia of Electrician and Mechanics and the reason is the young today dont want to get their hands dirty
    OT but if you watched anything on MSM/TV re lack of job applicants......................you can bet $$$$$$$$ that its instigated by ppl who want to import more cheap labour from sh*tdanistan or some other sh*thole country

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alpha0ne For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (04-07-19),lsemmens (04-07-19),shred (03-07-19)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alpha0ne View Post
    OT but if you watched anything on MSM/TV re lack of job applicants......................you can bet $$$$$$$$ that its instigated by ppl who want to import more cheap labour from sh*tdanistan or some other sh*thole country
    yes

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Nope disagree. In the country here where I am you just can't get people to want to work. Friend was at a restaurant tonight and been struggling with getting a chef and wait staff. Got people from overseas and they are very happy with them and they are happy to have a job. When i was at the car dealership they ended up getting mechanics from India and Korea. Apprentices either don't finish or leave after their time.
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

oh and I recontaminated the bike today

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (05-07-19),ol' boy (05-07-19),SS Dave (12-07-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    Nope disagree. In the country here where I am you just can't get people to want to work. Friend was at a restaurant tonight and been struggling with getting a chef and wait staff. Got people from overseas and they are very happy with them and they are happy to have a job. When i was at the car dealership they ended up getting mechanics from India and Korea. Apprentices either don't finish or leave after their time.
    The problem is for every 1 that will go to a country area, 50 want to stay in the city.
    That makes the problems of lack of employment for these people in the city worse and does little to help it in the country.
    There was a suggestion a while back that new imports should be made to live outside the citys for 5 years. I think that would be a great idea. Plenty of asians and indians are happy to live IN NZ as a stepping stone to get into OZ, shouldn't be any problem with them living in the country once they get here.

If they don't like it, no one would be forcing them to leave where they are.

Another problem with a lot of these imported people is they may be "mechanics" or whatever tradies where they come from but that leaves a question as to just how qualified they are for work here and what they have worked on. A guy from Country Asia or India may have vast experience with single Cylinder Yanmar and Changfa Diesels which are fitted to everything that moves or doesn't there but a Fuel Injected Ford, Holden or anything else may be a very different thing.
    A restaurant may be a very easy transition as I would think the difference in cooking ( hygiene aside) would be very minimal but I can't Imagine a lot else would.

These people would require a degree of re training and certainly bringing up to standards in other things like electrical or plumbing work where it's not hard to imagine a first year apprentice could be way ahead of the game there.

Where my father is, in desperation the local Subaru Stealership hired a HEAD mechanic that comes from the mines and has never worked on anything bar heavy industrial Diesels. Been there about 3 months and the incompetence and stuff ups have been as one would predict.

He may well indeed be a " factory Trained" mechanic but if that factory training was with Caterpillar rather than the Subys he's working on now, well he and the stealership have nothing over the local mechanic working on whatever comes through the door. In fact in this case I'd say the General mechanic would leave the Stealership guy for dead in knowledge and experience.

Of course stealer ship labour costs far belie what the customer i actually getting in this instance.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

LeroyPatrol (06-07-19)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

So what's the most ridiculous charge you've ever had when you've had your bike or car serviced?
    Never got one, i don't let them touch it
    KTM520EXC brand new, YZ250F brand new, last time they see the workshop is when they leave it.
    Anything more $$$ than that, i buy secondhand, because of depreciation and the exact story you are now telling

I understand to keep your warranty you have too
    But isn't there a private bike mechanic you could take it to and still retain the warranty?

I am surprised coming from the role in your last job, that you weren't maybe prepared for the bill shock or could have had a better rapport with the stealership.

A friend is buying a few KTM dealerships and re naming them MotoTech
    I wonder if any are in your area, i know he has Mildura and Geelong

Still, seems the price of doing business these days
    As you would know, they make stuff all on the sale of the bike, it is all the servicing and parts they make the coin.

Anyway, seems cheap to me, wait until you lunch something in the gearbox!
    Kids KTM250SX was $3500 for 1 small broken gear!
    Last edited by ol' boy; 05-07-19 at 03:30 PM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

LeroyPatrol (08-07-19)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ol' boy View Post
    Anyway, seems cheap to me, wait until you lunch something in the gearbox!
    Kids KTM250SX was $3500 for 1 small broken gear!
    Couldn't you buy the part and do it yourself ???

Premium Member
    Thanks

Couldn't you buy the part and do it yourself ???
    Mate, i could have, he took it upon himself to take it to a bike shop
    Not thinking it would cost that much.... see what happens

Or got Jason Childs to do it for me, for a small fee plus the parts
    Last edited by ol' boy; 05-07-19 at 04:35 PM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Premium Member
    Thanks

Mate, i could have, he took it upon himself to take it to a bike shop
    Not thinking it would cost that much.... see what happens
    Let me guess..................no quote or notification of approximate cost after they pulled it apart

They must have been wearing masks to charge 3.5K ??

Premium Member
    Thanks

Let me guess..................no quote or notification of approximate cost after they pulled it apart

They must have been wearing masks to charge 3.5K ??
    No, as we got him the bike, i think he thought it was the mature thing to get it fixed
    When i collected him from the track, he was taking it to a mechanic friend to fix it
    (at that stage i was hoping it was just the busted rear hub and no internal damage..... i was wrong)

He took it a bike shop that wasn't even the shop the bike was purchased from nor was it a KTM dealer.
    They called him to say it was done and this is the bill.... Yeah, bill shock!

But wait.... There's more.

This was the second time this KTM250SX had blown up
    First when it was just 12 hours old (but 8 months old) it lunched itself.
    KTM warranty on MX bikes is zero!

That rebuild cost him $1650

Straight after that i told him to sell it, he did......
    Then after 12months of a mate owning it trouble free, he bought it back at a discount.

It was on the the first ride of him having it back the rear sprocket came off, locked up and smashed the rear hub and the shock load broke a gear in the gear box.
    Chain was bunched up on the primary sprocket, case wasn't cracked

I have never seen a kid have so much bad luck, as his previous KTM250 was stolen

I've used and abused dirtbikes my whole life and never had one fail, then again, i think i understand mechanical sympathy and servicing a bit more than he does.

As for Leroy and the beautiful KTM 1190 Adventure Bike....
    What a sensational bike... If it keeps his warranty intact then great...
    24 Month Warranty is unheard of for dirt bikes... Best i ever got was 3 months from KTM.

KTM MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY

KTM stands for reliability and quality. Our faith in our products is such that we provide a 24-month manufacturer’s warranty on our street motorcycles. Professional servicing and inspections by authorised KTM dealers must be carried out to maintain the right to claim under warranty.
    Looks like he has 2 years of this ass raping
    Last edited by ol' boy; 06-07-19 at 04:17 PM.

Thanks

Looks like he has 2 years of this ass raping
    It won't be going back to the dealer but I've found someone that works on them and has the computer to reset service indicator and check fault codes etc.

That's so wrong fixing a bike with that kind of price take. Morally I would have thought the bike shop would call with a quote to say it's a 3.5k job!!

• The Following User Says Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (07-07-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Morally I would have thought the bike shop would call with a quote to say it's a 3.5k job!!
    Practically, I can't Imagine how many hours or what parts even a new engine would Justify $3.5K on a bike.

They would have had a BIG argument on their hands if they tried to sting me with that without warning.

Pretty clear they didn't ring because they were a load of scam artists pulling a con job.

Mechanic mate had these pot head deadbeats bring him in this old POS on a tow truck the other week. He quoted the job at $900 telling them the car wasn't worth it. They wanted to go ahead. He waited and rang back a couple of days later asking if they were sure and offered them $200 for it. They got funny and said they had paid $500 for it a couple of weeks ago. He asked if they drove it away or towed it? They said drive it of course. He said well it's not driving now is it but as you wish.
    Fixed it and they turned up to collect the thing saying they would give him $100 now and pay the rest off. Mate soon put that idea out their minds. I was pretty surprised knowing him he didn't put his foot where their minds apparently reside.

Couldn't believe anyone would even try that on. He told them upfront what it was going to cost, twice, so they well knew. Bloody deadbeat stoners!
    these 2 Clowns must be 60 Yo and don't have a cent to their names. Come in to my fathers place and always want to know how much things are but never have the money for anything.... Except weed quite apparently.

Mate is of the Opinion that the law says if the car is fixed/ ready, the owner has a right to take it. As such he "Found" a problem and is waiting for a part..... That won't turn up till the money does. Luckily said part can be fitted in minutes ( wheel and wheel nuts I think he said) so they can take it soon as they have the cash.

Be interesting to see how long it takes them to come up with the readies..... Or if any local Bottleo's get done over the day before they re appear.

Thanks

Mate's bike broke down around Longreach. Unfortunately I don't think I'll get this support from KTM. This is a snip from a mates experience with the local Honda/BMW dealer who I've always had good dealings with today (even the Service manage called and wasn't in!)

"Blacklocks have been exceptional. 3 people contacted me today. Lachlan email my bike details and service history to the service manager @ Westco in Cairns and myself. Troy the mechanic called to go through what happened when the break down occured. Luke who was not in at Blacklocks today called to say if you have any questions or need assistance just called. Sensational Service I reckon."

Kind of makes me feel bad for not buying a bike from them.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    Practically, I can't Imagine how many hours or what parts even a new engine would Justify $3.5K on a bike.
    You obviously don't have much to do with KTM's then
    Dirt Bike parts, engines parts or the price of the bikes themselves make the car industry look dirt cheap
    Many spend $4000+ on a brand new perfectly good engine to make it produce more power over stock
    Just some lighter reciprocating parts plus a piggy back ecu and some porting will cost you this.

Parts can be so $$$ for KTM's there have been people buy brand new bikes, only to part them out as a form of income.
    Last edited by ol' boy; 12-07-19 at 09:15 AM.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12