Thread: Naf

Thanks

Default Naf

Anyone know if there is a good video on NAF. I found a couple online but as usual they were of poor quality
    and you could not see what they were doing.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Most is reading up on it and having a understanding already on setting up a trs on a radio.

I don't know of any minus some Australian guy that had some up years ago.

• The Following User Says Thank You to DaveBern For This Useful Post:

toolman60 (07-07-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,308 Times in 1,295 Posts

NAF set up is pretty straightforward. create the system, add the tgs and the most important put all the info in a scan list Married to a conventional channel. One other note dont get too ambitious in adding in stuff like site scan and other features this is where many get messed up.

• The Following User Says Thank You to lynt123 For This Useful Post:

toolman60 (08-07-19)

Thanks

Thanks lynt,

I am still reading and trying to get it figured out. I have never done a trunking system so it is all greek to me at the moment. Is create trunking sys. and the talkgroups under the trunk person. tab. Now fighting what to do to talkgroups inside the trunk personality tab.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,308 Times in 1,295 Posts

create system, then create personality with desired tgs, create zone with Tgs and aliases, create scan list, create conv personality, marry scan list to personality. create zone with conv personalities done. whenever you go to the conv pers zone and enable scan you are in NAS mode.

• The Following User Says Thank You to lynt123 For This Useful Post:

toolman60 (08-07-19)

Thanks

Lynt,Dave,Others,

Before I keep fighting this NAF got a question.
    Will I be able to drag and drop all the info into my real radio code plug? Working with a blank demo cp at moment and do not wish to keep using it if not able to drag it to my radio cp when I get it completed and approved.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toolman60 View Post
    Lynt,Dave,Others,

Before I keep fighting this NAF got a question.
    Will I be able to drag and drop all the info into my real radio code plug? Working with a blank demo cp at moment and do not wish to keep using it if not able to drag it to my radio cp when I get it completed and approved.
    You should be able to drag and drop the information and have no issue as long as the code plug model and type are same.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DaveBern View Post
    You should be able to drag and drop the information and have no issue as long as the code plug model and type are same.
    Dave,

Thanks for info. I am using my XTL CP as a test trial and error setup. I am looking for the appropriate XTS model to use when all done. So hopefully that it is just drag and drop if not should not take long to 'setup on for the XTS after the battle with the XTL CP trial and error setup.

Thanks

I'd be hesitant to drag and drop as when you're looking to personality x from zone y ... it may literally keep that personality match and mean it looks to your old personality 2 rather than the newly pasted one and may break the relationship it had. This is easily fixed but something you need to double check before programming.

Did that email I sent the other night help in any way?

• The Following User Says Thank You to tsunami_australia For This Useful Post:

toolman60 (12-07-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsunami_australia View Post
    I'd be hesitant to drag and drop as when you're looking to personality x from zone y ... it may literally keep that personality match and mean it looks to your old personality 2 rather than the newly pasted one and may break the relationship it had. This is easily fixed but something you need to double check before programming.

Did that email I sent the other night help in any way?
    Tsu,

I understand that on drag an drop. I put this project to back burner for now. Trying to find a radio not whored out so bad it come shipped in box of tampax seems to be troublesome.

I still unsure of the astro 25 CH ID tab settings,but making headway never the less as a whole on the situation.

Your email and help from others I think I got it to where I can understand it and how to do it now.

Thanks

Astro 25 Channel ID tab.

Looking at Unitrunker Site band plan and the Astro 25 CH ID tab I see nothing in common.
    How do I fill out my Asto 25 CH ID tab with the info from Unitrunker?

Thanks

*IF* I have my study correct this is where you set the tx frequency, channel width etc for the bands. I don't have a list here for VHF as we don't have any VHF trunked systems in our state of consequence or at all. The tables should all be standard as the "bands" are standard for Motorola (well except for the NSW GRN that's another story) so just look for a VHF codeplug from someone who may have anything and also check up whether your system uses 6.25, 12.5 or 25k channel width. I don't think the TX offset really matters but I can't remember. So no there won't be anything on common for the base frequency as each base frequency (band) only needs one reference to get it's primary info from. This is where I was talking about that mod I did can apparently if pushed try and tx back on the affiliation frequencies.

Did you get to open that codeplug I sent you? I remembered my CPS is modded to allow something in particular and it may or may not change if a regular can read but I'm sure I've been able to read with Depot so it shouldn't matter. If that long winded email helped then hell I'm glad to be of help I spent so long learning all this because a certain crowd was full of elitists who didn't like sharing (not this forum luckily they've all been great) and I've always been about helping/educating (within reason at least).

Thanks

Yes no problem opening the cp it has helped. Been studying your layout and rereading your email,along with tips from other members.

I making slow progress with this, If I knew more on the trunking stuff it would make my life easier.