Thread: Samsung S3c2440a-40

Thanks

Default Samsung S3c2440a-40

There are cheap GPS from China being sold on ebay for around the average price of $150-$170. I don't know the model as is typical with Chinese products they have no model info lol

But the common factor is they are all 7inch screens and cheap. The only info I could get on them is that the h/w is SAMSUNG S3C2440A-40

Anyone have any experience with these units? I am interested in buying at those prices.

But I would want it to be able to be modded, ie; I want to connect to it with my computer to update maps, red light cameras, sounds etc.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Default cheap GPS's

hi,

I've bought one 6 month ago and I have to say that I'm very satisfied. works great with Igo 8 (3D), faster that with igo 2006+. All programs i.e. mediaplayer, picture viewer etc. are working fine.
    the only problem is that they provide a USB cable but no driver so if you plug your device in it can't be installed and the only way to copy software is on the SD card. the NAND FLASH cannot be read. If you find a driver or a way to acces the Flash please email me.

Thanks

All of these currently for sale run Win CE 4.2, so with out active sync you cannot get to the operating system from your computer.
    Some have no Batteries
    You can mod these by following the info at but be carefull or you will stuff it.
    Even with out modifing the system you can still do a lot with them. You may have probs getting programs to run at that screen resolution

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by grw46 View Post
    All of these currently for sale run Win CE 4.2, so with out active sync you cannot get to the operating system from your computer.
    Some have no Batteries
    You can mod these by following the info at but be carefull or you will stuff it.
    Even with out modifing the system you can still do a lot with them. You may have probs getting programs to run at that screen resolution
    The problem with runnig programs at that resolusion is solved by using a version created for that specific resolution, i.e. I run IGO 8 for 480X272, it works just fine.