Thread: Bosch Solution 6000 Loss of Siren, Internal and Strobe Battery Low

Thanks

Default Bosch Solution 6000 Loss of Siren, Internal and Strobe Battery Low

Our 4 year old Bosch Solution 6000 on firmware 2.25.26 recently stopped chirping / no siren when engaging or disengaging alarm.

I ran System Trouble which came up Battery Low; naturally purchased a new battery , charged it fully using an external 12v 1a charger and installed to system. The panel battery charge globe was quite bright with old battery - instantly off when installed new as would be expected.

The panel status of Battery Low has not cleared. I have changed date / time (it was off by a few days), saved. Running battery test 7-9-1 results in, "Battery Testing Ordered Please Wait.." to a 60 second delay with NO output message or result - the panel defaults back to home with System Trouble message.

Comms SMS alerts still function as normal.

4-9-0 external siren test = panel shows siren in in test mode OK to exit; no response siren appears dead (we have 2 sirens one at both front and rear of property and both produce no siren). Siren vol = 15 btw.

4-9-1 internal siren test = same as above

4-9-2 strobe test = same as above

Before I ring an installer, was going to pull the battery terminals, remove power plug to alarm for 3 mins to sort-of hard reset/reboot the system. Doing so won't completely erase the programming of zones, etc.? Is this correct? I gather I'll need to set the date / time again but do all other settings remain?

Is there anything else that I can try or should be looking at before calling someone out?

Thanks heaps.

Look Here ->
    Banned
    Thanks

The programming will not be lost if dropping all power for 3 mins so you are safe there. The battery/strobes will not work if battery is low so this is a normal symptom. Check your battery, is it 12vdc (7amp recommended) and if so then check the connections between the battery and the panel. Sometimes the wires/connectors will corrode. The battery charge bulb just indicates charging is needed/in progress. Your best friend at this point is a multi-meter to check the circuits but if you don't have one, leave the battery connected and disconnect the plug-pack (ie) turn off A/C power and see if the system loses all power or keeps running.
    Good luck.

• The Following User Says Thank You to ozsec For This Useful Post:

th37sk (09-07-19)

Thanks

Thank you ozsec. All sorted!

- The new battery is a 7AH 12V
    - Inspected connection between battery and panel and NO corrosion, connection to panel OK
    - Removed power source to panel and the system continued to work properly on battery backup
    - Removed leads to battery for 3 or 4 mins; hooked back up, power source ON and booted into a clean menu (Battery Low cleared)
    - Set new time, saved, good to go all back to normal have siren, strobe, chirp

Quick final question, I did notice the installer did not solder 3 leads to resistors see pic:

The one at right looked particularly poor where I removed, twisted and reinserted. Should I take a moment to power down the system and solder these properly? I guess it's more a piece of mind thing for me than anything else.

Thanks again for direction. I enjoy sorting these niggling issues.

Thanks

piece of mind.. lol *peace of mind.

Thanks

I wonder why they describe EOL resistors ... as "end of Line"
    Aspire to Inspire Before you Expire!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by th37sk View Post
    The panel status of Battery Low has not cleared. I have changed date / time (it was off by a few days), saved. Running battery test 7-9-1 results in, "Battery Testing Ordered Please Wait.." to a 60 second delay with NO output message or result - the panel defaults back to home with System Trouble message.
    I've had this issue a number of times with this panel. Whenever this happens now, I just cycle AC and battery power after replacing the battery and it clears the Low Battery message. Time and date need to be reset after a full power cycle.

• The Following User Says Thank You to alarmman For This Useful Post:

th37sk (15-07-19)